Jump to topic:

Arguments against the existence of Australia

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:06:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here are a few I have managed to come up with!

Noah's Ark:
If Australia existed, then billions of mammals would have had to cross thousands of miles of ocean to reach Australia after Noah's ark landed in the Middle East.

Remember the ark was not powered, it would not have been possible to drop off these animals. This, Australia must not exist.

Reverse Modal Argument:

Australianists will contend that Australia is the greatest possible continent. If we accept that premise to be true then it necessarily follows that Australia cannot exist.

1. Australia, the greatest possible continent is a continent that exists in all metaphysically possible worlds
2. It is possible that Australia does not exist
3. If it is possible Australia does not exist then it does not exist in some possible world
4, if it does not exist in some possible world then from (1) it cannot exist in any possible world (including this one)
5. Australia does not exist

Prisoners:

Australia allegedly has ample space for land, and was allegedly used to dump prisoners. If this were true then we should have been able to dump all our prisoners there, as it is both economical and convenient.

Thus:

1. If Australia exists, then the UK would have no prisoners
2. The UK has prisoners
C. Australia does not exist

Add more as you see fit!
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 10:59:38 AM
At 6/14/2014 12:05:54 AM, Smithereens wrote:
T.T
why us?

Because you're not real.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 9:06:58 PM
Of course Australia doesn"t really exist, it was the name of a fictional continent invented by Plato, but it was allegorical, an imagined country that had unbridled growth until it engulfed an entire continent. The giant sharks, giant pythons, spiders, huge flies, poisonous centipedes, wallabies, flying foxes, dingoes, giant crocodiles, it was all just a metaphor for the horrors of a big government growing out of control.

Despite its completely metaphorical nature in Plato"s work, it has maintained itself in the public imagination for centuries, having considerable impact on literature, art, music, and especially film makers and Internet tricksters. Because of this, many people have come to believe it is a real place, but that is only due to the tendency for gullible people to literalize legends, metaphor, and myth, causing them to engage in pseudoscientific speculation and fantasy. If you investigate it seriously, you find that nobody is really from Australia, but many people claim to "know a guy" or "have a friend" that either visited or lived there, but nobody has actually been there themselves. Over the years it"s become one of the most popular forms of modern folklore, having its existence in urban legends, wives tales, and "put ons" for gullible people"s benefit, much like the legendary Snipe, Jackalope, and Big Foot. Today the so called "existence" of Australia is all in good fun and most people are glad to "play along" with a nod and a wink.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 9:59:58 AM
Australia is a mythological location.

Australians exist, but are primarily found in South Africa.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 3:43:55 PM
At 6/13/2014 9:06:45 PM, Envisage wrote:

Noah's Ark:
If Australia existed, then billions of mammals would have had to cross thousands of miles of ocean to reach Australia after Noah's ark landed in the Middle East.

Remember the ark was not powered, it would not have been possible to drop off these animals. This, Australia must not exist.

Reverse Modal Argument:

Australianists will contend that Australia is the greatest possible continent. If we accept that premise to be true then it necessarily follows that Australia cannot exist.

1. Australia, the greatest possible continent is a continent that exists in all metaphysically possible worlds
3. If it is possible Australia does not exist then it does not exist in some possible world
4, if it does not exist in some possible world then from (1) it cannot exist in any possible world (including this one)

Prisoners:

Australia allegedly has ample space for land, and was allegedly used to dump prisoners. If this were true then we should have been able to dump all our prisoners there, as it is both economical and convenient.

Thus:

2. The UK has prisoners

Add more as you see fit!

The Australian National Anthem says: 'Australians let us all rejoice, for we are young and free'.

1. Australians know what the condition of their existence is
2. Australians claim to be young and free
3. Australians are not young and free
Conclusion: Australians are self-contradictory and therefore cannot exist.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 2:36:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All of you are incredibly racist, I am an Australain and I am offended by all of your ingnorance and intolerance. Racism is a crime agaisnt HUMANITY.
Providing people with infinite wisdom since 4 months ago.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 11:16:01 AM
At 4/17/2015 2:36:59 AM, really12 wrote:
All of you are incredibly racist, I am an Australain and I am offended by all of your ingnorance and intolerance. Racism is a crime agaisnt HUMANITY.

*Australian
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 8:30:08 AM

I also couldn't get what I was reading about...... but it was Envisage, couldn't think of him as a troll, so if it was a joke, was very odd (as I see, for you, offended too). But what about racism, couldn't get the linkage. Is there any story to tell?
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 8:43:45 AM

^

As an Australian, I'm very sensitive about the fact that I don't exist, and don't appreciate people making fun of it.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 11:10:24 AM
At 4/22/2015 8:30:08 AM, Dazz wrote:

I also couldn't get what I was reading about...... but it was Envisage, couldn't think of him as a troll, so if it was a joke, was very odd (as I see, for you, offended too). But what about racism, couldn't get the linkage. Is there any story to tell?

I am not a troll, and as far as racism goes, clearly stating a country doesn't exist is a red flag for racism. I bet you wouldn't approach the president of China and tell him that his country doesn't exist.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:26:11 PM
At 4/22/2015 11:10:24 AM, really12 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 8:30:08 AM, Dazz wrote:

*offending

I am not a troll,
I wasn't referring to you dear, I was referring to Envisage as his OP was seeming a troll. And I was thanking you for clarifying me that there was nothing serious to ponder over Envisage racist comment.
and as far as racism goes, clearly stating a country doesn't exist is a red flag for racism. I bet you wouldn't approach the president of China and tell him that his country doesn't exist.
Well, I asked for confirmation, as this type of racism was new to me, rather was more ridiculous, wasn't expecting form Envisage, however. But thanks for contributing.

Shame to racists.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:52:12 PM

Noah's Ark:

Reverse Modal Argument:

Prisoners:

Thus:

2. The UK has prisoners

Add more as you see fit!

P1) The Bible is the ultimate truth about everything.
P2) Australia is not mentioned in the Bible
C) Australia does not exist.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:55:09 PM

You should prove you exist before posting, because I think there's a pretty big consensus here that Australia, and therefore australians/australains, do not exist.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 6:52:01 PM
I can say I'm from the planet Grubich, that certainly doesn't mean a planet named Grubich exists,

That's the thing about the Internet, people are anonymous, it's a world of make believe, anyone on the Internet can say they are from Australia, it doesn't mean anything. People who say they are from Australia are just trolls, don't feed them.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:17:36 PM
At 4/22/2015 2:55:09 PM, Otokage wrote:

You should prove you exist before posting, because I think there's a pretty big consensus here that Australia, and therefore australians/australains, do not exist.

If I don't exist (which you maliciously accuse me of being) then how am I typing this in this very moment. Have a think about that!
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:21:09 PM
At 4/22/2015 6:52:01 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
I can say I'm from the planet Grubich, that certainly doesn't mean a planet named Grubich exists,

That's the thing about the Internet, people are anonymous, it's a world of make believe, anyone on the Internet can say they are from Australia, it doesn't mean anything. People who say they are from Australia are just trolls, don't feed them.

I am not a troll, in fact I believe you are a troll. FYI trolling is classified as online harassment and is grounds for an ip trace and warrant for arrest. Further, it is also grounds for a 2 year prison sentence so have fun when the SWAT team arrive at your house.

Source: Law student.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:34:00 PM
All of you should know that if Australia doesn't exist, then neither does the army tanks because we invented that.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:40:46 PM
In a non-malicious or racist presumption, I don't think America will exist in ten years time, which I'm pretty sure all you feeble minded simpletons are from. With all their nuclear arms and nuclear testing, they'd eventually nuke themselves off the planet. Good thing Australia isn't nuclear armed, good thing we also don't have capital punishment, martial law or guns either.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:50:47 PM
At 4/22/2015 7:21:09 PM, really12 wrote:

I am not a troll, in fact I believe you are a troll. FYI trolling is classified as online harassment and is grounds for an ip trace and warrant for arrest. Further, it is also grounds for a 2 year prison sentence so have fun when the SWAT team arrive at your house.

LOL, oh no, the imaginary Australian is going to have the imaginary internet SWAT Team take me to imaginary prison, and I believe it too, because he learned about it in imaginary law school.

I'm still not too worried,...I doubt the imaginary SWAT Team has imaginary rockets that can get them all the way to Grubich anyway....they probably don't even know what Galaxy Grubich is in...and the IP trace won't help, on Grubich we ping our internet signal through a black hole to avoid interstellar charges, an IP trace won't even get you to the right dimension,
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:58:22 PM
Interesting, people who pretend to be from Australia pretend that Australian is a race now? That's new...I thought it was supposed to be a pretend nationality, not a pretend race.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:29:44 AM

Noah's Ark:

Reverse Modal Argument:

Prisoners:

Thus:

2. The UK has prisoners

Add more as you see fit!

The UK does have criminals, just walk down Brixton and you'll find a plethora of them.

Australianists do not exist because the study of Australia is not a field of science because Australia does exist and therefore the study of it would be pointless.

Noah's Ark, what about Greenland, that's isolated and it has polar bear (I.e. Mammals).

Now that I have prevailed in this debate because I'm such a narcissist and I'm proud of it (Ivy college student) may I implore you to go back to school and re-educate yourself or go to a neurologist and get your brain scanned.

To further support my thesis because I love proving my intelligence to everyone,

Link to Australia on globe:

http://www.clker.com...

http://www.clker.com...

Link to image of Australian flag:

https://www.statusquo.org...

http://www.naa.gov.au...

Link to image of Australian emblem:

https://www.cai.org...

https://www.cai.org...

Link to map of Australia:

http://www.ga.gov.au...

http://www.aunztravel.com.au...

Australian history:

http://www.australia.gov.au...

FYI by saying Australia doesn't exist, you are saying that millions of Australian soldiers died for nothing in the battle of Gallipoli and when they were crucified by Japanese soldiers in Burma and when they were starved to death as POWs again by the Japanese soldiers, so thank you for your disrespect (sarcasm). The fact that you do not see any sympathy in this, I take it you are a sociopath.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:37:01 AM
At 4/22/2015 7:50:47 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 4/22/2015 7:21:09 PM, really12 wrote:

LOL, oh no, the imaginary Australian is going to have the imaginary internet SWAT Team take me to imaginary prison, and I believe it too, because he learned about it in imaginary law school.

I'm still not too worried,...I doubt the imaginary SWAT Team has imaginary rockets that can get them all the way to Grubich anyway....they probably don't even know what Galaxy Grubich is in...and the IP trace won't help, on Grubich we ping our internet signal through a black hole to avoid interstellar charges, an IP trace won't even get you to the right dimension,

You have just proven yourself as a troll. Thank you for supporting me, I love praise, it really boosts my ego because I'm an ivy league student.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 4:07:48 AM
At 4/22/2015 7:17:36 PM, really12 wrote:

If I don't exist (which you maliciously accuse me of being) then how am I typing this in this very moment. Have a think about that!

Yeah, I can accept you exist as a non-australian. But how are you going to prove you exist as an australian? Do you have a keyboard with australian symbols so you can type them and let us see? Hm??
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 5:05:37 AM
At 4/23/2015 4:07:48 AM, Otokage wrote:

Yeah, I can accept you exist as a non-australian. But how are you going to prove you exist as an australian? Do you have a keyboard with australian symbols so you can type them and let us see? Hm??

Australians speak English, hence we are as was posted on this forum before by the user who initiated it, we are of convict ancestry from the UK. Therefore, we speak English. Now go back to school and get an education on history and geography but preferably in all subjects judging by your grammar.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 5:10:05 AM
At 4/23/2015 5:05:37 AM, really12 wrote:
At 4/23/2015 4:07:48 AM, Otokage wrote:

Australians speak English, hence we are as was posted on this forum before by the user who initiated it, we are of convict ancestry from the UK. Therefore, we speak English. Now go back to school and get an education on history and geography but preferably in all subjects judging by your grammar.

Weren't you the one calling yourself "australain" instead of australian? Hm... Speaking of grammar...