Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

What foods and drinks should you consume?

AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:54:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I personally care about health, moral and ecological reasons at the very least. Economic reasons also play a small part. Others may care about religious reasons also.

Arguments for and against eating certain types of foods?

This includes any parts of a food (brain etc.), genetically modified food, live food, humans, insects, fruit juices, any animal produce, blood, rotting food, hunted food and intoxicating food. Basically this includes anything. Items with no nutritional, hydrating, health or bodily enhancing effects can be ignored I think.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
skuu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 9:16:16 AM
There are many possible discussions for this overall topic. The only one that I'd be motivated to pick up and discuss would be to do with eating animal products as I am vegan.

A quick explanation for why I believe this is: life should be respected as much as possible, so we shouldn't kill, exploit or damage living things unless we have to. We don't have to do these things to animals, so we shouldn't.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 8:40:13 PM
The closer your diet is to a caveman's the better-off you are.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 12:12:35 AM
At 6/22/2014 10:54:18 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
I personally care about health, moral and ecological reasons at the very least. Economic reasons also play a small part. Others may care about religious reasons also.

Arguments for and against eating certain types of foods?

This includes any parts of a food (brain etc.), genetically modified food, live food, humans, insects, fruit juices, any animal produce, blood, rotting food, hunted food and intoxicating food. Basically this includes anything. Items with no nutritional, hydrating, health or bodily enhancing effects can be ignored I think.

Well to begin I'd say that there are different ways of thinking ethically about diet depending on one's place in the world. For instance, (and this is a problem that relates to a lot of other ways of thinking about ethics) someone who is in poverty (the homeless, poor working class, etc) or who doesn't have access to so-called acceptable foods (in terms of geography, societal development, etc.) or for reasons distinct from either personal circumstance or societal lack is forced to eat foods which are on yer list (though I'll mostly relegate my discussion to animal products) will obviously have a relation to yer question which is wholly different from that of a middle class, white American person. This may seem obvious but the distinction between the different ways that we relate to food is important when talking about the ethics of consumption. Is it acceptable to morally condemn someone for eating a food (which we take to be wrong for religious or moral reasons) without which they wouldn't survive? Or, more importantly I think, is the ability to safely discriminate (to a highly specific degree) between certain foods in a moralistic tone not a product of one's place within their societies given socio-economic placement?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.