Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is love?

R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:53:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

Since you asked...
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 1:02:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:28:13 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Selflessness.

Ah yes, selflessness. I have played with the distinction between love and unconditional love, and I believe I have an effective way of defining them. Love in the classic sense would be what I would offer to my prospective wife; but there is MAJOR conditionality surrounding that. The love I have for my daughter, on the other hand, has no condition and is therefore something completely different.

Selflessness is unconditional love. Jesus taught unconditional love for all. He would no doubt say that the love I have for my daughter should not be anything special because I should love everyone that way. Whether you unconditionally love your partner has nothing to do with whether you love them in the classical sense; the latter only reflects your disposition towards society.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 1:04:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love in the Christian sense, is to will the good of another.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 1:08:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 1:04:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love in the Christian sense, is to will the good of another.

I'd call that a decision. 10/10!

/endthread *gets in car, drives off, exhaust fumes dissipate, birds chirping, long silence*
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 2:31:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 1:04:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love in the Christian sense, is to will the good of another.

I think it's more than that, I think that it is to do the will of God, which entails loving each other and also willing the good of another, but to simply will the good of others is not enough, but to sacrifice you very own will and do the will of God, rather than simply satisfying the will of others.

Like, I was always told by Christians no matter how kind and generous or charitable you are to others it isn't enough to secure you place in heaven you also have to accept Jesus which I suppose means doing the will of God. By which Jesus commands us to love your God with all our hearts souls and mind as well as loving our brothers.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 12:00:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 2:31:19 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/4/2014 1:04:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love in the Christian sense, is to will the good of another.


I think it's more than that, I think that it is to do the will of God, which entails loving each other and also willing the good of another, but to simply will the good of others is not enough, but to sacrifice you very own will and do the will of God, rather than simply satisfying the will of others.

Like, I was always told by Christians no matter how kind and generous or charitable you are to others it isn't enough to secure you place in heaven you also have to accept Jesus which I suppose means doing the will of God. By which Jesus commands us to love your God with all our hearts souls and mind as well as loving our brothers.

Will of God, accept Jesus... These metaphors don't progress the discussion, unless your goal is to alienate those with other belief systems. zmike's answer reflected practicality and specificity.

The distinction of "satisfying the will of others," as opposed to doing what's actually good for others depends only on the goodness of their will; their intentions. The difference between, say, buying a girl a drink to sleep with her or agreeing to stop bullying a kid who's feelings you are hurting are two different applications of your idea with two very different moral situations.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 12:07:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:53:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

Since you asked...

http://www.youtube.com...

I've never seen that video before. The girl dancing fast is funny... otherwise it's a pretty artistic piece, the spoofing it's gotten is unfortunate.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 4:58:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 12:00:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 7/6/2014 2:31:19 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/4/2014 1:04:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love in the Christian sense, is to will the good of another.


I think it's more than that, I think that it is to do the will of God, which entails loving each other and also willing the good of another, but to simply will the good of others is not enough, but to sacrifice you very own will and do the will of God, rather than simply satisfying the will of others.

Like, I was always told by Christians no matter how kind and generous or charitable you are to others it isn't enough to secure you place in heaven you also have to accept Jesus which I suppose means doing the will of God. By which Jesus commands us to love your God with all our hearts souls and mind as well as loving our brothers.

Will of God, accept Jesus... These metaphors don't progress the discussion, unless your goal is to alienate those with other belief systems. zmike's answer reflected practicality and specificity.

To be specific it was applied to the Christian standards which is exaclty what Zmike suggested.

The distinction of "satisfying the will of others," as opposed to doing what's actually good for others depends only on the goodness of their will; their intentions. The difference between, say, buying a girl a drink to sleep with her or agreeing to stop bullying a kid who's feelings you are hurting are two different applications of your idea with two very different moral situations.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 12:20:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

I tend to agree with you that it is a decision and verb, not a feeling. Infatuation will only keep you going so far. And sexual attraction is important, isn't necessary, but it does certainly help.

When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:14:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

A strong unyielding affection for someone or thing.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 8:28:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 12:20:07 PM, Oryus wrote:

I tend to agree with you that it is a decision and verb, not a feeling. Infatuation will only keep you going so far. And sexual attraction is important, isn't necessary, but it does certainly help.

When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.

That's right.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 8:29:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 1:14:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

A strong unyielding affection for someone or thing.

I have that for every hot young woman I see. But I don't love them.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 10:44:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love is merely desire.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 11:42:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 10:44:51 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love is merely desire.

I (and others) have made the argument that it is not.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 1:48:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 8:28:42 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 7/7/2014 12:20:07 PM, Oryus wrote:

I tend to agree with you that it is a decision and verb, not a feeling. Infatuation will only keep you going so far. And sexual attraction is important, isn't necessary, but it does certainly help.

When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.

That's right.

Allllllllllllllll righty then.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:59:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 11:42:02 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 7/7/2014 10:44:51 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

Love is merely desire.

I (and others) have made the argument that it is not.

And, why is that?
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 12:16:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 12:20:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afeterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

I tend to agree with you that it is a decision and verb, not a feeling. Infatuation will only keep you going so far. And sexual attraction is important, isn't necessary, but it does certainly help.

When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.

Feelings are verbs. In fact, they are the only things that move us. Apathy, for something, doesn't compel us to action. In fact, it compels us to inaction. I go to work, because there are certain things, in life, I desire, I enjoy, for which I care. If I cared for nothing, not even life, itself, I would have no motivation, to do anything. Emotions are not merely decisions, they are verbs. Without a heart for anything, one has a heart for nothing.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 5:49:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 12:16:15 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/7/2014 12:20:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

I have decided that the nature of love is a decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is distinct from the emotion of infatuation, lust, "love," etc. (however your semantic preference goes), which is strong for two weeks, significant for a couple months, and ceases to become a factor afeterwards.

This is distinct from finding somebody who meets your qualifications. I've found my own qualifications to be quite relative after a decade in various "serious" relationships.

I tend to agree with you that it is a decision and verb, not a feeling. Infatuation will only keep you going so far. And sexual attraction is important, isn't necessary, but it does certainly help.

When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.

Feelings are verbs. In fact, they are the only things that move us. Apathy, for something, doesn't compel us to action. In fact, it compels us to inaction. I go to work, because there are certain things, in life, I desire, I enjoy, for which I care. If I cared for nothing, not even life, itself, I would have no motivation, to do anything. Emotions are not merely decisions, they are verbs. Without a heart for anything, one has a heart for nothing.

No offense, but your argument doesn't show that feelings are verbs- only that they "compel us to action." But feelings are not the actions themselves. I agree that emotions are not merely decisions and I agree that emotions compel us to action, but I also said that love is not an emotion.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 7:01:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 5:49:17 PM, Oryus wrote:
When I say, "I love you" to someone, I treat the words like a promise that I will do all I can to be good to them for as long as I can.

Feelings are verbs. In fact, they are the only things that move us. Apathy, for something, doesn't compel us to action. In fact, it compels us to inaction. I go to work, because there are certain things, in life, I desire, I enjoy, for which I care. If I cared for nothing, not even life, itself, I would have no motivation, to do anything. Emotions are not merely decisions, they are verbs. Without a heart for anything, one has a heart for nothing.

No offense, but your argument doesn't show that feelings are verbs- only that they "compel us to action." But feelings are not the actions themselves. I agree that emotions are not merely decisions and I agree that emotions compel us to action, but I also said that love is not an emotion.

The Fool: The necessary condition of love, are emotions.
For we need only picture the world, without any emotion. And love is gone..
Therefore, love is an emotion, but the tricky part is that it is not "merely" an emotion.

Love, is in a sense, alive.
A way to understand this is simply that, dead, things can"t be in love.
And the necessary condition for something to be alive, is that it must in a sense be in motion. A.k.a. active.

Emotions
E-motions, are in a way synonymous with, motivation. And can be thought of as, Endo-motion. Internal motion, a type of internal energy. In fact, the concept of energy, is something we derived from with in, and have extrapolated out on to the world, to understand the world, and not the other way around as it would seem in science. Before what we call the scientific revolution, these concepts were internalized and the world was often thought of in an inverted sense compared to how we think of it today.

So what follows from this is that love is an internal type of energy. In other words,
"Love is alive"

More over, there is a hidden wisdom in words, that we use, that get overlook every single day. And one must be prudent to not miss out on these everyday miracles.

Notice how letters of "love and "a-live" are, more then, coincidentally similar.

It represents a pattern, that we recognize, between the words we choose, and a similarity that these two concepts share. "Love-live" And then notice that "life", is just one letter difference, from "live."

And that the reverse of live, is evil, And that the reverse of love, is the beginning of evol-ution.

So what is left to do is define all the senses, in which we love, and the concepts which love runs throughout.. But that could be a while.

Against The Ideologist

Just Admit it to yourself, Oryus, you love me too" The way I am. To myself. Even.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:18:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 7:01:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

And did you know that taco-cat spelled backwards is taco-cat?

And booby-trap spelled backwards is party-boob?

http://i.imgur.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:23:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"love is as much a question of the will as it is of the emotion. And if you will to love somebody, you can." ~Ravi Zachariah
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:23:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:23:11 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
"love is as much a question of the will as it is of the emotion. And if you will to love somebody, you can." ~Ravi Zacharias

Fix'd
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:49:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:18:03 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/8/2014 7:01:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

And did you know that taco-cat spelled backwards is taco-cat?

And booby-trap spelled backwards is party-boob?

http://i.imgur.com...

The Fool: Actually I didn't, Nor did I see the intellectual argument or answer to a question, Or how the concepts, all tied together in another variable other then, the spelling. But I do recognize the emotional maturity of a seven-year-old.

Against The Ideologist

You still have a year to go.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:57:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

Buddha: You will not be punished for your anger, you be punished by your anger.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:57:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:49:32 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:18:03 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/8/2014 7:01:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

And did you know that taco-cat spelled backwards is taco-cat?

And booby-trap spelled backwards is party-boob?

http://i.imgur.com...

The Fool: Actually I didn't, Nor did I see the intellectual argument or answer to a question, Or how the concepts, all tied together in another variable other then, the spelling. But I do recognize the emotional maturity of a seven-year-old.

Against The Ideologist

You still have a year to go.

<3
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:58:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 8:57:48 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:49:32 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:18:03 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/8/2014 7:01:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

And did you know that taco-cat spelled backwards is taco-cat?

And booby-trap spelled backwards is party-boob?

http://i.imgur.com...

The Fool: Actually I didn't, Nor did I see the intellectual argument or answer to a question, Or how the concepts, all tied together in another variable other then, the spelling. But I do recognize the emotional maturity of a seven-year-old.

Against The Ideologist

You still have a year to go.

<3

The Fool: Took you long enough. God damn
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:18:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:53:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

Since you asked...



If you hadn't posted it, I would have. lol
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Posts: 4,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:38:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2014 9:18:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:53:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:23:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Inb4 "baby don't hurt me, no more."

Since you asked...



If you hadn't posted it, I would have. lol

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.