Looking for debate opponents

Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 11:05:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi all

I'm looking to do a couple of debates in the coming weeks about the existence of God that I've been researching, and I'm gonna be using some complex arguments. I thought I would come on here before I start the debate.
Basically I'm looking for someone who knows philosophical logic, otherwise it won't be fun for either of us. We will also need judge voting, as most won't understand it.
Thanks
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 12:06:15 PM
At 8/18/2014 11:05:51 AM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

I'm looking to do a couple of debates in the coming weeks about the existence of God that I've been researching, and I'm gonna be using some complex arguments. I thought I would come on here before I start the debate.
Basically I'm looking for someone who knows philosophical logic, otherwise it won't be fun for either of us. We will also need judge voting, as most won't understand it.
Thanks

Can I be a judge? I'm interested in this topic as well and have researched it extensively.
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 1:05:39 PM
At 8/18/2014 12:06:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

Can I be a judge? I'm interested in this topic as well and have researched it extensively.
Absolutely!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 1:40:35 PM
At 8/18/2014 1:05:39 PM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

Absolutely!

*does highschool musical jump*
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:51:54 PM
At 8/18/2014 1:40:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

Absolutely!

Lol
I'll message you when I actually get round to it, judging by the lack of interest it might take a while...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:52:55 PM
At 8/19/2014 2:51:54 PM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

Absolutely!

Lol
I'll message you when I actually get round to it, judging by the lack of interest it might take a while...

If you can't find anyone, I'd be happy to debate you as devil's advocate.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:02:45 PM
Hi all

Thanks

I'll judge if I understand the debate, I don't think I will have much time to actually execute such a debate though, our previous one took long enough and I was researching the wrong things to boot....
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:07:01 AM
At 8/19/2014 5:02:45 PM, Envisage wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

I'll judge if I understand the debate, I don't think I will have much time to actually execute such a debate though, our previous one took long enough and I was researching the wrong things to boot....
Haha well you won't like the new ones then...
If you want I can send you a proof of one of the premises and see if you think you could judge it, I mean you just need to understand it enough to judge it.
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:08:59 AM
At 8/19/2014 5:10:59 PM, Malacoda wrote:
I'm semi-interested. Can you be more specific on your topic?
Well there is an ontological argument and a cosmological argument that I've been researching for about a month trying to understand the concepts, putting them in my own words etc. The former uses a lot of formal logic, the latter uses a lot of maths. The former tries to prove a maximally great being, the latter a necessary external cause.
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:12:34 AM
At 8/19/2014 2:52:55 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:51:54 PM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

Absolutely!

Lol

If you can't find anyone, I'd be happy to debate you as devil's advocate.
I don't see why not! I'll see if there are any atheists first, but if not, I choose you.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:55:09 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:07:01 AM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

If you want I can send you a proof of one of the premises and see if you think you could judge it, I mean you just need to understand it enough to judge it.

I'd judge for you.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:05:47 PM
Hi all

Thanks

I'll fight you after i finish one debate
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 10:33:10 AM
At 8/20/2014 11:55:09 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 8/20/2014 5:07:01 AM, Toviyah wrote:
Hi all

Thanks

I'd judge for you.
You can't judge if your not active silly! Come back
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 10:33:59 AM
At 8/20/2014 4:51:12 PM, Malacoda wrote:
Yeah, I think I'll pass on this one. Probably a little out of my realm.
No problem
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 9:13:26 PM
Hi all

Thanks

Going on vacation next week, but if you're still looking for a taker after labor day feel free to send me a challenge.