Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Logical fallacies in the world

zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 1:05:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Fallacy of composition...

"People love kids. People love beer. Put 'em together... kid beer"
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 11:05:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

"Life is not fair, get used to it"
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Toviyah
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:45:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.
You obviously have no comprehension of FREE WILL
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:49:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 1:45:59 PM, Toviyah wrote:
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.
You obviously have no comprehension of FREE WILL

If free will exists, that does not mean psychology is void. You can still be influenced, even manipulated, and still have "free will". So, sorry, but your point is just a sign of pure ignorance.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 3:13:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Haha. WKUK are great. Here's an appeal to motive and Texas sharpshooter in one of their other sketches.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 8:37:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.

I can abandon christian teachings, but I can not abandon secular teachings without fear of persecution, prosecution or imprisonment.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 7:24:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 8:37:45 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.

I can abandon christian teachings, but I can not abandon secular teachings without fear of persecution, prosecution or imprisonment.

1. It is hard to abandon teachings that are ingrained in you from an early age.
2. Where do you live that abandoning secular ideas does that?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 10:38:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.

No, don't assume things. Read what a genetic fallacy is before you assume:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 1:06:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 10:37:39 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 6:01:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/25/2014 4:20:07 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Find logical fallacies in songs, news, etc. and post them here.

+1 if they're funny

Genetic fallacy:

"Your a Christian because you had Christian parents"

...Wow... You obviously have no comprehension of PSYCHOLOGY.

No one says Christianity is a gene, it is an indoctrination, brainwashing, and if your parents are of a certain religion, then you have a higher chance of being of that religion.

That's not what he means.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
suaveguy
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 5:38:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Faulty comparison

"Saying you're a woman who doesn't need feminism is like saying you don't need a fire exstinguisher because your house has never caught on fire."