Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Reason alone cannot make us moral

s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:00:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/6/2014 6:31:06 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Wanted to discuss this with a whole audience

I agree. One's heart is needed, also.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 11:13:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.

Why?
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 11:46:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/6/2014 11:13:35 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.

Why?

If I answer, will you explain why you wrote what you wrote in the title of this thread?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 12:26:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/6/2014 11:46:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 9/6/2014 11:13:35 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.

Why?

If I answer, will you explain why you wrote what you wrote in the title of this thread?

Absolutely
suaveguy
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 1:00:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I agree you need some sort of foundational objective that's not built on logic to believe morality is a reasonable thing to advocate and practise. I believe specifically the appeal to our own survival is this calling. Without this appeal to our own survival, morality is meaningless or purposeless, and the universe and the state of everything is what it is.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 9:57:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/6/2014 8:00:31 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 9/6/2014 6:31:06 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Wanted to discuss this with a whole audience

I agree. One's heart is needed, also.

At 9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.

I agree with these guys. I'm going to be making a thread on this soon by the way.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 10:36:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/7/2014 9:57:02 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/6/2014 8:00:31 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 9/6/2014 6:31:06 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Wanted to discuss this with a whole audience

I agree. One's heart is needed, also.

At 9/6/2014 8:43:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Reason alone is the only thing that can make us moral.

I agree with these guys. I'm going to be making a thread on this soon by the way.

Remind me when you do :)