Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's Good About Hell?

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 12:01:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

This is nonsense, man. If I could do whatever I want I wouldn't kill people, I'd fly through space and the dimensions into heaven and ask God these questions instead of you. And since there would be no restrictions, all pain would be optional, since those experiencing it would always be free to be doing whatever else they prefer, so hell wouldn't exist.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 12:34:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is there anything good about Hell? That the deserving will go there.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 12:35:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

How ironic, so only God can kill hundred of thousand under his own name and call it righteousness? If you're following his book you would eat a roasted babies and getting away with it in some circumstances.

God has no right to make law, only man who live by the rule has the right to make the law because it's the man who flourish or suffer under it - not God.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 12:36:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

"God has no right to make laws!!!!" That's correct, he endows rights that laws of man can't take away.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:37:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 12:34:52 PM, sadolite wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? That the deserving will go there.

And who would be cruel enough to burden anyone with that verdict? If God exists, it would surely not be him.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:43:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 11:45:29 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
It's not just to punish someone to infinity for a finite crime.

Try telling God that now and see if He excuses you from death. Try telling God that after your death is finalized and see if it gets you out of Hell.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:43:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:37:08 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 12:34:52 PM, sadolite wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? That the deserving will go there.

And who would be cruel enough to burden anyone with that verdict? If God exists, it would surely not be him.

That decision is made by yourself and no one else
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:49:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 12:01:12 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

This is nonsense, man. If I could do whatever I want I wouldn't kill people, I'd fly through space and the dimensions into heaven and ask God these questions instead of you. And since there would be no restrictions, all pain would be optional, since those experiencing it would always be free to be doing whatever else they prefer, so hell wouldn't exist.

You are doing whatever you want for now. You will not be allowed to fly through space questioning God forever. He gave you your answer in giving you death for your sin. Your disharmonious arguings saying you do not deserve Hell for the things you have done in breaking God's law will not be heard foreever. It is good to know God separates sinners from life in the fire of Hell. It is not good to use your free will carelessly without respecting God. I'm going to heaven with my sins forgiven. I'm glad I won't have to listen to this crazy kind of argument from people trying to tell me why they get to be free from punishment forever. The smoke of their torments will rise forever from the Lake of Fire and I won't have to listen to this garbage any more and I won't feel bad for the people who are lost in Hell like I feel bad for them now.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:51:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
so what about you? Are you sure that if you die today, your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven? If you say yes, please tell me how you are sure. I hope you are right if you say yes.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:53:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:43:56 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2014 2:37:08 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 12:34:52 PM, sadolite wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? That the deserving will go there.

And who would be cruel enough to burden anyone with that verdict? If God exists, it would surely not be him.

That decision is made by yourself and no one else

Hell seems cruel only to those who refuse to admit that they deserve to be there now. To us who are saved from it, it is good to know God punishes evil.
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 3:12:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:49:53 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 12:01:12 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

This is nonsense, man. If I could do whatever I want I wouldn't kill people, I'd fly through space and the dimensions into heaven and ask God these questions instead of you. And since there would be no restrictions, all pain would be optional, since those experiencing it would always be free to be doing whatever else they prefer, so hell wouldn't exist.

You are doing whatever you want for now. You will not be allowed to fly through space questioning God forever. He gave you your answer in giving you death for your sin. Your disharmonious arguings saying you do not deserve Hell for the things you have done in breaking God's law will not be heard foreever. It is good to know God separates sinners from life in the fire of Hell. It is not good to use your free will carelessly without respecting God. I'm going to heaven with my sins forgiven. I'm glad I won't have to listen to this crazy kind of argument from people trying to tell me why they get to be free from punishment forever. The smoke of their torments will rise forever from the Lake of Fire and I won't have to listen to this garbage any more and I won't feel bad for the people who are lost in Hell like I feel bad for them now.

And why did you want me to burn in a fire? For breaking your rules?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 3:14:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:51:53 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
so what about you? Are you sure that if you die today, your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven? If you say yes, please tell me how you are sure. I hope you are right if you say yes.

I have no idea how all that works. I have probably already sinned a lot, but then again I am very doubtful that hell actually exists in the first place.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 3:14:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:43:44 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:45:29 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
It's not just to punish someone to infinity for a finite crime.

Try telling God that now and see if He excuses you from death. Try telling God that after your death is finalized and see if it gets you out of Hell.

I'd love to have that conversation with Him. It's not just, it's not merciful, it's not right, and it's not good. He is all those things. Infinite punishment is not. Why not punishment until sincere repentance? Why not punishment for a set period of time? Why not anything one could even remotely call just?
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 3:16:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:51:53 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
so what about you? Are you sure that if you die today, your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven? If you say yes, please tell me how you are sure. I hope you are right if you say yes.

Yes I know, and I know because I repent for my sins. I don't try to justify them using mans law and society's acceptance of sin. I never stop trying to do the right thing according to the word of god and yes I am not always perfect. I fail sometimes but I acknowledge that failure and try never to repeat it. It is those who stop trying and fall back on society to forgive them and tell them their life of sin is acceptable now in the eyes of society and the laws of man who won't make it to heaven.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 5:08:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not a sadist, so I take no pleasure from the idea of Hell. All the same, if God's going to stick some child-molesting serial killer with eternal punishment, I feel no sympathy whatsoever.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 6:33:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 3:12:27 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 2:49:53 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 12:01:12 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:41:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 11:20:30 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

I am confused as to why God created laws in the first place. He gave us 'free will' then demands we do not use it.

Brilliant!!!!! God has no right to make laws!!!! Go rob a bank and kill everybody inside and it's ok if you don't have to go to jail, right? If you can get the money and run away, it's all good for you, right? You have the right to use your free will to do whatever you feel like doing, right? You are a genius. You are a wonderful person.

This is nonsense, man. If I could do whatever I want I wouldn't kill people, I'd fly through space and the dimensions into heaven and ask God these questions instead of you. And since there would be no restrictions, all pain would be optional, since those experiencing it would always be free to be doing whatever else they prefer, so hell wouldn't exist.

You are doing whatever you want for now. You will not be allowed to fly through space questioning God forever. He gave you your answer in giving you death for your sin. Your disharmonious arguings saying you do not deserve Hell for the things you have done in breaking God's law will not be heard foreever. It is good to know God separates sinners from life in the fire of Hell. It is not good to use your free will carelessly without respecting God. I'm going to heaven with my sins forgiven. I'm glad I won't have to listen to this crazy kind of argument from people trying to tell me why they get to be free from punishment forever. The smoke of their torments will rise forever from the Lake of Fire and I won't have to listen to this garbage any more and I won't feel bad for the people who are lost in Hell like I feel bad for them now.

And why did you want me to burn in a fire? For breaking your rules?

God does not want you to burn in Hell or you would be there now. God's law is God's law and it is good. We are lawbreakers, sinners. My sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven. If you are not forgiven, you are going to burn in Hell and it is only because you want to go your own way as a lawbreaker. I have taken sides with God against myself as a lawbreaker. I know He gave Himself as a sacrifice for me, He died in my place as the Son of God, Jesus. He rose from the grave after He died for my sins and I am forgiven in Him. I receeived Him as my Saviour, I have eternal life now, I am saved from Hell. If you don't get saved from Hell, it's your own fault for telling yourself how smart you are thinking you don't have to be concerned about God's law.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 6:35:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:08:27 PM, apb4y wrote:
I'm not a sadist, so I take no pleasure from the idea of Hell. All the same, if God's going to stick some child-molesting serial killer with eternal punishment, I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven?
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 10:00:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 6:35:22 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:08:27 PM, apb4y wrote:
I'm not a sadist, so I take no pleasure from the idea of Hell. All the same, if God's going to stick some child-molesting serial killer with eternal punishment, I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven?

God's a jerk, so I don't care.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 10:51:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.


God takes no pleasure in doing that which merits glory?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:23:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 10:51:42 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

None. God glorifies Himself in everything and every creature He created. God glorifies Himself in eternal confinement in Hell against those of His creatures who have turned against Him God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but the wicked will not deny God from glorifying Himself by creating them. The smoke of their torments will rise forever, testifying to God's righteouness and His judgement. All of His creatures who enjoy the freedom of Heaven will see the end of those who were lost in their rebellion. You can be saved from Hell. God wants you to be saved, but you have to make a choice. Simply saying "I choose to not burn in Hell" is not an option. If you are not saved, you are lost to Hell now. If your death is finalized with you in your sin, you will be damned to Hell. Sorry. (I am not using "damned) as a cuss word. It is the state of the lost.......condemned)
God takes no pleasure in doing that which merits glory?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:26:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 10:00:53 PM, apb4y wrote:
At 9/14/2014 6:35:22 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:08:27 PM, apb4y wrote:
I'm not a sadist, so I take no pleasure from the idea of Hell. All the same, if God's going to stick some child-molesting serial killer with eternal punishment, I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven?

God's a jerk, so I don't care.

I'm sorry you feel that way. By your own words I know that you are condemned to burn in Hell. God loves you and wants you to have eternal lffe. But since you think He is a jerk, I guess you will only have eternal death in Hell. sorry
Skikx
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:01:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

Maybe God should have just created one person, a psychiatrist. Dude's really got some issues.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:32:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 5:23:18 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:51:42 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 9/14/2014 10:41:42 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Is there anything good about Hell? I say there is. It is good that violating the peace by breaking the law is punished by God. God's creatures who are not breaking His law will have perfect peace ni complete freedom never disrupted by violators because they will be forever confined in Hell. If God did not create Hell to confine them in punishment, they are rewarded for bad behaviour by being allowed freedom to roam unpunished. It is good to know God will separate lawbreakers away from any of His blessings to keep them from disturbing His peace. It is good to know that the reward for lawbreaking is punishment. It is good to serve God and enjoy perfect freedom in perfect peace with all of His blessings. God takes pleasure in His creatures who do what he designed them to do.....glorify Him. God has no pleasure in people burning in Hell, but He is glorified by justifying their existence in punishment as lawbreakers because Life Means God is Good.

None. God glorifies Himself in everything and every creature He created. God glorifies Himself in eternal confinement in Hell against those of His creatures who have turned against Him God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but the wicked will not deny God from glorifying Himself by creating them. The smoke of their torments will rise forever, testifying to God's righteouness and His judgement. All of His creatures who enjoy the freedom of Heaven will see the end of those who were lost in their rebellion. You can be saved from Hell. God wants you to be saved, but you have to make a choice. Simply saying "I choose to not burn in Hell" is not an option. If you are not saved, you are lost to Hell now. If your death is finalized with you in your sin, you will be damned to Hell. Sorry. (I am not using "damned) as a cuss word. It is the state of the lost.......condemned)
God takes no pleasure in doing that which merits glory?

So, if burning the damned in Hell is not pleasing to God, why would God glory in doing it? In other words, if you were to find displeasure in setting someone on fire, why would you praise yourself for doing it?
Fly
Posts: 2,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 7:38:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Even when I was a staunch Christian, I had a problem with Hell theology. As was said, eternal torment for finite transgressions does not make sense.

Having decent people suffer eternal torment for having the "wrong" set of beliefs, while deeply flawed people can go to eternal bliss for having the "right" beliefs does not make sense.

Having friends and loved ones suffer in eternal torment while one is in eternal bliss does not make sense. How blissful would that be?

There is a little known sect of Christianity that believes that all people go to Heaven; they are known as Universalist Christians, I think...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 8:02:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/16/2014 7:38:50 PM, Fly wrote:
Even when I was a staunch Christian, I had a problem with Hell theology. As was said, eternal torment for finite transgressions does not make sense.

Having decent people suffer eternal torment for having the "wrong" set of beliefs, while deeply flawed people can go to eternal bliss for having the "right" beliefs does not make sense.

Having friends and loved ones suffer in eternal torment while one is in eternal bliss does not make sense. How blissful would that be?

There is a little known sect of Christianity that believes that all people go to Heaven; they are known as Universalist Christians, I think...

I go to a Unitarian Universalist church, and most of us do not call ourselves Christians. In fact, a large majority is atheists, humanists, and agnostics.
Fly
Posts: 2,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 8:27:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/16/2014 8:02:50 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 9/16/2014 7:38:50 PM, Fly wrote:
Even when I was a staunch Christian, I had a problem with Hell theology. As was said, eternal torment for finite transgressions does not make sense.

Having decent people suffer eternal torment for having the "wrong" set of beliefs, while deeply flawed people can go to eternal bliss for having the "right" beliefs does not make sense.

Having friends and loved ones suffer in eternal torment while one is in eternal bliss does not make sense. How blissful would that be?

There is a little known sect of Christianity that believes that all people go to Heaven; they are known as Universalist Christians, I think...

I go to a Unitarian Universalist church, and most of us do not call ourselves Christians. In fact, a large majority is atheists, humanists, and agnostics.
Not what I'm referring to. See here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz