Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you believe or not believe in a God?

1Credo
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 4:47:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I believe because it seems to me that it is more probable that God exists than that the negation of that statement is true.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 5:39:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
On Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays I believe in god, unless it's a full moon or the groundhog sees it's shadow.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:57:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I believe that all is mental, but that our minds are contingent. If they are contingent upon a contingent mind, then where did that mind come from? It seems there must be a necessary mind to ground the rest of reality if one believes all is mental. Since I adhere to Monistic Idealism, I would see Theism is pretty strongly implied.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 9:00:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/22/2014 4:47:30 PM, 1Credo wrote:
I believe because it seems to me that it is more probable that God exists than that the negation of that statement is true.

Good answer.

Mine is the reverse, of course.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:07:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I believe in god because man offers no hope or moral compass, but only tyranny.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:21:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I believe in God because I believe that natural processes alone are inadequate to explain the origins of the universe and life.
HououinKyouma
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 2:02:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/22/2014 4:35:44 PM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
Just looking for some opinions and reasons for those opinions.

It would have to depend on what god we are talking about. I don't believe in tribal gods because they've been pretty much debunked by science (Ra, Zeus, Yahweh, etc.). When it comes to more complex gods, like the Cartesian god or the god of Newton, or the god Brahman from Vedanta Hinduism, or any such deistic god, I'm more of a weak atheist/strong agnostic, I think that it is improbable that they should exist and that they don't "fit" with some of the science that we have now. Pantheism I can accept, but as Dawkins said, it really is just sexed up atheism.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 2:32:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 4:07:04 PM, sadolite wrote:
I believe in god because man offers no hope or moral compass, but only tyranny.

Unlike the eternal, everwatching, fatherfigure who minds what you do, minds what you eat, which days you keep holy, who you have intercourse with in what position, knows what you intend to do, know what you dream about and will hold you accountable for these actions until your death where he will either

a) punish you in a way that not even every single tyrant in human history could
or
b) reward you for having been his loyal subject.

Excuse me, but who offers tyranny here?
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 2:32:08 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 9/24/2014 4:07:04 PM, sadolite wrote:
I believe in god because man offers no hope or moral compass, but only tyranny.

Unlike the eternal, everwatching, fatherfigure who minds what you do, minds what you eat, which days you keep holy, who you have intercourse with in what position, knows what you intend to do, know what you dream about and will hold you accountable for these actions until your death where he will either

a) punish you in a way that not even every single tyrant in human history could
or
b) reward you for having been his loyal subject.

Excuse me, but who offers tyranny here?

I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count. Your being myopic in saying who offers tyranny here. They was more liberty now there is less there was hope now there is only despair for the future. What kind of future can there be, being saddled with massive debt and regulation. I see only tyranny. I guess tyranny is subjective to people who never knew liberties they never had. And spare me the god is evil crap. Don't believe. Nobody is making you.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 6:10:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count. Your being myopic in saying who offers tyranny here. They was more liberty now there is less there was hope now there is only despair for the future. What kind of future can there be, being saddled with massive debt and regulation. I see only tyranny. I guess tyranny is subjective to people who never knew liberties they never had. And spare me the god is evil crap. Don't believe. Nobody is making you.

Well, if you believe in god's laws, you have no freedom to do anything. You will be punished for ever if you wanna live in a western society no matter what you do.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:45:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 6:10:40 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count. Your being myopic in saying who offers tyranny here. They was more liberty now there is less there was hope now there is only despair for the future. What kind of future can there be, being saddled with massive debt and regulation. I see only tyranny. I guess tyranny is subjective to people who never knew liberties they never had. And spare me the god is evil crap. Don't believe. Nobody is making you.

Well, if you believe in god's laws, you have no freedom to do anything. You will be punished for ever if you wanna live in a western society no matter what you do.

I think you mean you won't be able to do the things "you" want to do. Yes belief in god often interferes and conflicts with people's social behaviors. Fortunately the things I like to do don't interfere and conflict with the laws of god. "I like how you say no freedom to do anything" Could you be anymore intellectually dishonest.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:49:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?

I already said why I believe in god. If it isn't sufficient reason for you that's your problem. Your ridiculous attempts at comparing the naivety of children and preventing them from harm and tyranny is really quite laughable.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:56:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:49:06 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?

I already said why I believe in god. If it isn't sufficient reason for you that's your problem. Your ridiculous attempts at comparing the naivety of children and preventing them from harm and tyranny is really quite laughable.

I hate to break it to you but this is a debate site. If you are not willing to defend the things you say then you need to find somewhere else to spend your time.

And if my argument is so laughable then go ahead and expose it. I'll wait.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:51:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:56:09 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:49:06 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?

I already said why I believe in god. If it isn't sufficient reason for you that's your problem. Your ridiculous attempts at comparing the naivety of children and preventing them from harm and tyranny is really quite laughable.

I hate to break it to you but this is a debate site. If you are not willing to defend the things you say then you need to find somewhere else to spend your time.

And if my argument is so laughable then go ahead and expose it. I'll wait.

I did expose it. You compare tyranny to that of protecting a child from harm. Furthermore the OP asked why. I said why. My work is done. Yours is not to seek why people believe in god but only to destroy their belief in god. That is not debate. nor is it a path to seek knowledge. You are intellectually dishonest in your analogies on purpose. So you are right, our discussion will go no where, you will not break my faith in god but only reaffirm the hopelessness that man has to offer via it's intellectual dishonesty on the simplest of concepts such as comparing protecting a child from harm by not allowing them to cross the street unaided by adult supervision as a direct analogy of tyranny. I mean really what else is there to discuss when your going to be this intellectually dishonest. It's just minutes of ones life wasted.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:38:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 12:51:01 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:56:09 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:49:06 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?

I already said why I believe in god. If it isn't sufficient reason for you that's your problem. Your ridiculous attempts at comparing the naivety of children and preventing them from harm and tyranny is really quite laughable.

I hate to break it to you but this is a debate site. If you are not willing to defend the things you say then you need to find somewhere else to spend your time.

And if my argument is so laughable then go ahead and expose it. I'll wait.

I did expose it. You compare tyranny to that of protecting a child from harm.

First of all you don't know what point I was trying to make because you never let me make it. You simply recognized that I was challenging something you said, made up your own conclusions, then acted on those conclusions by shutting the whole conversation down and declaring victory. What is laughable is the way you can do all of that then accuse me of being intellectually dishonest.

Second, my actual point was to challenge the link you are drawing from "man taking away your liberties" to "tyranny", so the only thing you exposed is your inability to listen.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 3:04:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 1:38:50 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:51:01 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:56:09 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:49:06 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:44:56 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:41:33 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:34:02 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2014 7:01:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have lost so many liberties because of mans law I can't even begin to count.

Curious, do you have children? If so, or if you can imagine having them, do you take away their liberties?

Ya I have children. And no I don't take away their liberties. I find your attempt to equate this argument to that of allowing children to do whatever they want quite amusing.

Right, yet you are willing to respond while being unable or unwilling to expand on why you think so. I can already see where this is going.

Do you don't take away their liberties? Do you allow them to cross the street on their own? Do you allow them to eat candy for dinner? Do you allow them to stay up till 3am with school the next day?

I already said why I believe in god. If it isn't sufficient reason for you that's your problem. Your ridiculous attempts at comparing the naivety of children and preventing them from harm and tyranny is really quite laughable.

I hate to break it to you but this is a debate site. If you are not willing to defend the things you say then you need to find somewhere else to spend your time.

And if my argument is so laughable then go ahead and expose it. I'll wait.

I did expose it. You compare tyranny to that of protecting a child from harm.

First of all you don't know what point I was trying to make because you never let me make it. You simply recognized that I was challenging something you said, made up your own conclusions, then acted on those conclusions by shutting the whole conversation down and declaring victory. What is laughable is the way you can do all of that then accuse me of being intellectually dishonest.

Second, my actual point was to challenge the link you are drawing from "man taking away your liberties" to "tyranny", so the only thing you exposed is your inability to listen.

Yes yes yes that is why you bring up things like would I let a child walk across the street unattended into the mix. I read and understand context just fine. Believe in god or don't doesn't matter to me. But it is still obvious your goal is not to seek knowledge but only marginalize and destroy.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 3:39:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 3:04:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Believe in god or don't doesn't matter to me. But it is still obvious your goal is not to seek knowledge but only marginalize and destroy.

I don't know why you draw such a distinction. It's pretty difficult to marginalize and destroy the truth.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 3:41:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 3:39:36 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:04:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Believe in god or don't doesn't matter to me. But it is still obvious your goal is not to seek knowledge but only marginalize and destroy.

I don't know why you draw such a distinction. It's pretty difficult to marginalize and destroy the truth.

"I don't know why you draw such a distinction. " I think that's pretty obvious.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 3:45:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 3:41:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:39:36 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:04:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Believe in god or don't doesn't matter to me. But it is still obvious your goal is not to seek knowledge but only marginalize and destroy.

I don't know why you draw such a distinction. It's pretty difficult to marginalize and destroy the truth.

"I don't know why you draw such a distinction. " I think that's pretty obvious.

And that is the problem. You don't need to explain anything because everything is just obvious to you.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 4:34:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 3:45:04 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:41:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:39:36 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2014 3:04:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Believe in god or don't doesn't matter to me. But it is still obvious your goal is not to seek knowledge but only marginalize and destroy.

I don't know why you draw such a distinction. It's pretty difficult to marginalize and destroy the truth.

"I don't know why you draw such a distinction. " I think that's pretty obvious.

And that is the problem. You don't need to explain anything because everything is just obvious to you.

Since I don't know anything why don't you tell me in exact words what it is you want explained. Is it A) why do I believe in god? Which I have already answered three times. Or B) What constitutes tyranny?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Porkloin
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 8:51:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't believe in a God because I've never seen any proof of one. I also have never seen any proof in a second god, or any number of gods or 'higher' beings, or supernatural beings.

This is not to say that I maintain "there are no gods." Can't prove the negative. Who knows, at some future point we may be confronted with a reality that we can't deny, that changes our opinion of what's going on.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 7:01:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 9:45:33 AM, sadolite wrote:

I think you mean you won't be able to do the things "you" want to do. Yes belief in god often interferes and conflicts with people's social behaviors. Fortunately the things I like to do don't interfere and conflict with the laws of god. "I like how you say no freedom to do anything" Could you be anymore intellectually dishonest.

Yes, things you want to do. I.E living a life in this world that is not unneccessarily horrible.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 2:40:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Why do you believe or not believe in a God?"

At 9/22/2014 4:35:44 PM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
Just looking for some opinions and reasons for those opinions.

Interesting question because my personal beliefs are all over the place on this.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Student4Life1975
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 6:00:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Personally, I don't believe in God. I've seen some amazing things in my life, but nothing that hasnt been fully explained to my satisfaction by the scientific community.
The following reasons are my main reasons for this point of view:

Human Psychology, I have been on this earth for a long time, and have noticed many things that suggest people are very inclined to believe what they want to believe, but thats not enough for me to adopt an ideology just because I want it to be true. We as people have to be more constructive and critical than that. The easiest person to fool is ourselves, and Religion is certainly no exception to this statement. I've done it to myself my entire life, and will continue to do so. But believing in a Powerful God that created everything but has the mannerisms similar to a 6 year old just doesnt appeal to me.

Geographic Beliefs, how the vision of God changes depending on the geographic region in which people live. God is as varied as the culture he's created in. This is strong proof that God is little more than a manifestation based on Cultural manifestations based on that said culture.

And last, science is beautiful enough.
there is no progress without compromise"
Student4Life1975
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:20:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2014 4:35:44 PM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
Just looking for some opinions and reasons for those opinions.

I dont have any reason to believe in a God, and the word "reason" is paramont here. Some people look at the world and see an orchestrated and intention filled reality around them, and lots of good and bad things happening everywhere. The Good things are all credit to God, and the bad things are either Satan or still God (but this time God has a very good reason for these bad things we just arent meant to understand)...or thousands of other interpretations of daily events depending on the Religion in question. My observation of everything I see is nothing more than pure circumstances and probability. Not once in the entire history of mankind has there ever been credible witness of divine intervention. When a Tsunami hits a beach, everyone one it is wiped out regardless of Ideology, skin color or sexual preference. If there are 400 people on the beach and 70 of them are Christian or Muslim, they would not be spared due to prayer or protection from their God..they drown with everyone else . This observation and millions of other daily examples reflect nothing more than that of a material Universe, not one created and monitored by a God. Therefore I have no reason to believe in God, not with all the suffering and injustice occuring everywhere.
there is no progress without compromise"
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 11:48:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2014 4:35:44 PM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
Just looking for some opinions and reasons for those opinions.

I may have an answer. please note....its not a answer to the question Does god exist. Its simply a possibility to why people believe or dnt dispite any or all proof to the contrary. Its still rough and I encourage any and all input. If interested view my dabate

Belief in God is subjective