Jump to topic:

Our Greater Selves

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 11:46:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There lies just along the periphery of light a darkness in which we abide; it sets up walls encircling our borders. It defines who we are; it gives birth to our identities.

Nevertheless, this darkness however thick only covers the greater vastness of ourselves. It benights a journey of winding paths along wooded creeks through the outstretched wilderness, a wilderness full of life and diversity, in every crevice a beast of prey, and carried by the falling yet wafting winds every winged spirit. This unexplored world is ourselves; we are rich and abundant, beset on every side with every exotic form, some fearful and aggressive, others timid and afraid, some of great beauty bedazzling our sight with every imagination. This is who we are; we are not alone. We must enlarge our borders and take in our greater selves. It is fear of the dark that has dwarfed us; we must stand like giants and cast off the yoke of deception.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 1:19:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 11:31:14 AM, Burls wrote:
Delusion prevents the prey from dieing thru fear.

That's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure.

I agree. Fear keeps us from living really full lives. It's the perception of being inadequate that keeps us from moving forward. I think there is a dynamic, at play, an interaction between who we are and that which we have the potential of becoming. Life is an interplay between being and becoming.