Jump to topic:

Light, Our Common Heritage

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 12:18:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Even though I see an entire world around me filled with a diversity of life teaming over the landscape like spraying mountains of water, there is a vortex, a center of gravity that reaches out and snatches me away unto itself. This unrelenting attraction is a complex of ideas and emotions I call myself.

As a central integral complex, each of us is, yet, a single constellation in the midst of many, many clusters. Our lights burn dimly as we gaze into the infinite blackness of space. However, light is our common heritage; it travels great distances, leaving behind the peripheral constraints of our outer limits. It creates a world of depth and dimensionality; its luciferous veil disrobes the orbs of night; it declares that which is and stows away from prying eyes that which isn't.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 2:13:56 PM
At 10/6/2014 10:41:33 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
wut.

I believe for each of us the complex called self is the most meaningful complex of ideas and emotions, and it is this significance that is the center of gravity for each of our individual personalities.

However, I believe each of us is one out of innumerable constellations. The reason I use constellations to describe our ideational complexes is simply because I see each idea as a point of light and a cluster of ideas as creating syntactic structure, or that which we call sense.

Yet, as light escapes the gravitational pull of each star, so likewise consciousness escapes the gravity of each of our selves; in other words, it transcends one's self and brings to light other sentient beings and the surrounding environment.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 2:19:39 PM
At 10/6/2014 10:53:44 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 10/6/2014 10:41:33 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
wut.

I believe for each of us the complex called self is the most meaningful complex of ideas and emotions, and it is this significance that is the center of gravity for each of our individual personalities.

However, I believe each of us is one out of innumerable constellations. The reason I use constellations to describe our ideational complexes is simply because I see each idea as a point of light and a cluster of ideas as creating syntactic structure, or that which we call sense.

Yet, as light escapes the gravitational pull of each star, so likewise consciousness escapes the gravity of each of our selves; in other words, it transcends one's self and brings to light other sentient beings and the surrounding environment.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:08:22 PM
At 10/6/2014 12:18:16 AM, s-anthony wrote:
Even though I see an entire world around me filled with a diversity of life teaming over the landscape like spraying mountains of water, there is a vortex, a center of gravity that reaches out and snatches me away unto itself. This unrelenting attraction is a complex of ideas and emotions I call myself.

As a central integral complex, each of us is, yet, a single constellation in the midst of many, many clusters. Our lights burn dimly as we gaze into the infinite blackness of space. However, light is our common heritage; it travels great distances, leaving behind the peripheral constraints of our outer limits. It creates a world of depth and dimensionality; its luciferous veil disrobes the orbs of night; it declares that which is and stows away from prying eyes that which isn't.

OK, thanks for clearing that up for us.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 7:55:05 PM
At 10/6/2014 6:08:22 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

lol
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:30:59 PM
At 10/6/2014 6:08:22 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

You're welcome anytime.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:33:31 PM
At 10/6/2014 8:01:04 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Have you read any Carl Jung, Anthony?

Yes. He is someone I admire, very much.
dylancatlow