Jump to topic:

Can Value Be So Great It Is Worthless?

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 10:47:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it possible for something to have so great a value it is worthless? Is it possible for something to be so meaningful it is meaningless?

Consider a thing which requires so great an expense nothing is able to satisfy its price. Consider, likewise, something so profound nothing is able to comprehend its meaning. Is this thing for all practical purposes worthless and meaningless?

Can such a value be so great to lose it would signify a devaluation of all other values? Can such a thing be so meaningful to lose it would signal the breakdown of all other meaning?
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 6:56:20 AM
My english is not well, but as far as I understand, you are asking which the most value in life that makes worthless other things.
According to me, death is the just real and makes all other things worthless.
So, for me, as a believer in God, must be prepared for the life after death by mentioning God and making goodnes in this life.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 9:10:10 AM
My english is not well, but as far as I understand, you are asking which the most value in life that makes worthless other things.

In comparison to it, all other things are worthless; without it, all other things are worthless.

According to me, death is the just real and makes all other things worthless.
So, for me, as a believer in God, must be prepared for the life after death by mentioning God and making goodnes in this life.

Death for me in the ultimate sense is the loss of one's identity, a consumption or integration into that of another. This greatest value I'm considering has such an appetite ultimately all other values will be consumed by it.

However, it's this desire, this attraction for all other things that gives all others value and meaning.