Jump to topic:

Godwin's Law.

SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 11:23:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am currently debating abortion with another user who shall not be named. In reference to abortion, I pointed out the fact that Hitler did not see the Jews as human and said that abortion is the same way. He dismissed these facts as fallacy when I am actually right. Using history as an example helps you avoid the same mistakes in the future. It is not a fallacy to use an analogy. I will use a second analogy: Abortion is like slavery. The people who had slaves did not think the slaves were human either, but the slaves were human anyway. It is the same with unborn babies.
vwv
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 1:52:14 AM
At 10/11/2014 11:23:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am currently debating abortion with another user who shall not be named. In reference to abortion, I pointed out the fact that Hitler did not see the Jews as human and said that abortion is the same way. He dismissed these facts as fallacy when I am actually right. Using history as an example helps you avoid the same mistakes in the future. It is not a fallacy to use an analogy. I will use a second analogy: Abortion is like slavery. The people who had slaves did not think the slaves were human either, but the slaves were human anyway. It is the same with unborn babies.

What the hell... How is abortion like Naziism and how is Naziism like slavery?...

Slavery is about preserving the slave to keep healthy for lifelong work. Naziism is about working them to death and gassing them if they get too boring. Abortion is not remotely to do with either.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:50:02 PM
At 10/12/2014 1:52:14 AM, vwv wrote:

What the hell... How is abortion like Naziism and how is Naziism like slavery?...

Slavery is about preserving the slave to keep healthy for lifelong work. Naziism is about working them to death and gassing them if they get too boring. Abortion is not remotely to do with either.
Abortion denies the fact that unborn babies are human the same way that the Nazis denied the humanity of the Jews and the same way that the slaved masters denied the humanity of the slaves.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:57:30 PM

Wow, you cannot even be honest? I pointed out Godwin's Law, but also addressed why you were wrong. I did not just say, "Godwin's Law" and leave it at that. You simply ignored what I had to say. BE HONEST!
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 6:22:57 PM
At 10/12/2014 5:59:55 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am not lying. I am an honest person. I just disagree with your claims.

Oh, really? Well, you said, "He dismissed these facts as fallacy when I am actually right"

I did not. I said that you committed a fallacy, and ALSO addressed how they are not comparable. You saying I just dismissed it is LYING.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO