Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

The human fetus.

user_name
Posts: 120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.
Best wishes,
user-name.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:34:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It doesn't matter whether X is "human" or not, it only matters if X has qualities which would make it reasonable to give it rights. At the early stages of development; it doesn't. This holds regardless o whether you label it a "human" or not. The whole "human" debate is a red-herring.
user_name
Posts: 120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.
Best wishes,
user-name.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 2:30:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.

Thank you. I disagree on the fetus, but thank you for getting back to me. I guess the fetus is different than a sperm or an egg because it has it's own dna.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:22:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 2:30:07 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.

Thank you. I disagree on the fetus, but thank you for getting back to me. I guess the fetus is different than a sperm or an egg because it has it's own dna.

So if we're going to debate abortion, should we do a simple "abortion should be legal," or specify the resolution and do "abortion should always be legal," or "abortion should be legal before the fetus has a heartbeat," or perhaps debate from an ethical standpoint ("it is moral for a mother to choose to have an abortion," or "it is moral to legalise abortion,")?
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:22:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 4:22:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 10/22/2014 2:30:07 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.

Thank you. I disagree on the fetus, but thank you for getting back to me. I guess the fetus is different than a sperm or an egg because it has it's own dna.

So if we're going to debate abortion, should we do a simple "abortion should be legal," or specify the resolution and do "abortion should always be legal," or "abortion should be legal before the fetus has a heartbeat," or perhaps debate from an ethical standpoint ("it is moral for a mother to choose to have an abortion," or "it is moral to legalise abortion,")?

How about debating if it should be legal?
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:04:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.

Oh so you were only talking about cases of rape when you said a human fetus is a parasite? Because it really wasn't clear that you meant that.

In any case, if the fetus is a human being, and is technically a parasite, this doesn't matter much. The right to one's body is parasitic upon (pun intended) the right to life. In other words, it's impossible to make the universal right to choice or right to one's body secure without first securing the right to life.

In any case, if the fetus really is a human being, then you have to give reasons why the mother has the right to her body, and subsequently her life, but the fetus has the right to neither.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
user_name
Posts: 120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:06:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 7:04:28 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.

Oh so you were only talking about cases of rape when you said a human fetus is a parasite? Because it really wasn't clear that you meant that.

In any case, if the fetus is a human being, and is technically a parasite, this doesn't matter much. The right to one's body is parasitic upon (pun intended) the right to life. In other words, it's impossible to make the universal right to choice or right to one's body secure without first securing the right to life.

In any case, if the fetus really is a human being, then you have to give reasons why the mother has the right to her body, and subsequently her life, but the fetus has the right to neither.

Because, legally speaking, the mother has contributed more to that government and nation than the fetus has.
Best wishes,
user-name.
Dookieman
Posts: 130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:09:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:34:57 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
It doesn't matter whether X is "human" or not, it only matters if X has qualities which would make it reasonable to give it rights. At the early stages of development; it doesn't. This holds regardless o whether you label it a "human" or not. The whole "human" debate is a red-herring.

Yes! This guy right here is on point.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:09:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 7:06:19 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:04:28 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.

Oh so you were only talking about cases of rape when you said a human fetus is a parasite? Because it really wasn't clear that you meant that.

In any case, if the fetus is a human being, and is technically a parasite, this doesn't matter much. The right to one's body is parasitic upon (pun intended) the right to life. In other words, it's impossible to make the universal right to choice or right to one's body secure without first securing the right to life.

In any case, if the fetus really is a human being, then you have to give reasons why the mother has the right to her body, and subsequently her life, but the fetus has the right to neither.

Because, legally speaking, the mother has contributed more to that government and nation than the fetus has.

True. But that doesn't seem to determine whether or not you're considered more important. I mean, a retarded child isn't denied the right to life because he doesn't contribute to the government as much as we do.

So, in your opinion, how much does one have to contribute to teh government in order to get the legal right to life?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
user_name
Posts: 120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:13:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 7:09:51 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:06:19 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:04:28 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.

Oh so you were only talking about cases of rape when you said a human fetus is a parasite? Because it really wasn't clear that you meant that.

In any case, if the fetus is a human being, and is technically a parasite, this doesn't matter much. The right to one's body is parasitic upon (pun intended) the right to life. In other words, it's impossible to make the universal right to choice or right to one's body secure without first securing the right to life.

In any case, if the fetus really is a human being, then you have to give reasons why the mother has the right to her body, and subsequently her life, but the fetus has the right to neither.

Because, legally speaking, the mother has contributed more to that government and nation than the fetus has.

True. But that doesn't seem to determine whether or not you're considered more important. I mean, a retarded child isn't denied the right to life because he doesn't contribute to the government as much as we do.

So, in your opinion, how much does one have to contribute to teh government in order to get the legal right to life?

it needs to first survive 2 trimesters to prove that it wont' be a miscarriage and then we can begin considering it to even be a viable member of society.
Best wishes,
user-name.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:15:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 7:13:30 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:09:51 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:06:19 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 7:04:28 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 1:40:50 PM, user_name wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:15:02 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/22/2014 8:00:51 AM, user_name wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:32:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
If the human fetus is not human, what species it is it?

It's not a conscious being and is actually a parasite to its mother's body. This is the point.

Lol. But there's implicit agreement on the mother's part.

Not if she was raped.

Oh so you were only talking about cases of rape when you said a human fetus is a parasite? Because it really wasn't clear that you meant that.

In any case, if the fetus is a human being, and is technically a parasite, this doesn't matter much. The right to one's body is parasitic upon (pun intended) the right to life. In other words, it's impossible to make the universal right to choice or right to one's body secure without first securing the right to life.

In any case, if the fetus really is a human being, then you have to give reasons why the mother has the right to her body, and subsequently her life, but the fetus has the right to neither.

Because, legally speaking, the mother has contributed more to that government and nation than the fetus has.

True. But that doesn't seem to determine whether or not you're considered more important. I mean, a retarded child isn't denied the right to life because he doesn't contribute to the government as much as we do.

So, in your opinion, how much does one have to contribute to teh government in order to get the legal right to life?

it needs to first survive 2 trimesters to prove that it wont' be a miscarriage and then we can begin considering it to even be a viable member of society.

So how is a 2 trimester organism contributing to the government? And why does the degree to which it contributes to the government determine that it gets the right to life?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 12:56:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 5:22:52 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 4:22:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 10/22/2014 2:30:07 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.

Thank you. I disagree on the fetus, but thank you for getting back to me. I guess the fetus is different than a sperm or an egg because it has it's own dna.

So if we're going to debate abortion, should we do a simple "abortion should be legal," or specify the resolution and do "abortion should always be legal," or "abortion should be legal before the fetus has a heartbeat," or perhaps debate from an ethical standpoint ("it is moral for a mother to choose to have an abortion," or "it is moral to legalise abortion,")?

How about debating if it should be legal?

I challenged you: http://www.debate.org...
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 1:08:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:56:17 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:22:52 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 4:22:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 10/22/2014 2:30:07 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:18:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
The human fetus isn't inhuman, because it's a human fetus. It just isn't a person, and is, as user-name said, a parasite.

I replied to you in the "Are you prolife or prochoice," thread by the way.

Thank you. I disagree on the fetus, but thank you for getting back to me. I guess the fetus is different than a sperm or an egg because it has it's own dna.

So if we're going to debate abortion, should we do a simple "abortion should be legal," or specify the resolution and do "abortion should always be legal," or "abortion should be legal before the fetus has a heartbeat," or perhaps debate from an ethical standpoint ("it is moral for a mother to choose to have an abortion," or "it is moral to legalise abortion,")?

How about debating if it should be legal?

I challenged you: http://www.debate.org...

I accepted.