What happens after death?

Zeno2014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:16:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Zeno here again,

In my opinion I believe in the Hindu view of death. When you die, something from your body is recycled. Just like you arms, legs, kidney and heart, something untouchable from your body would be sent back to the earth; like decomposition. This something is known as many things: chi, aura, ki. But it is most commonly known as the soul. Your soul is then sent back to the earth and is used again and brought to life. Whether you are born as a rich human, poor human, an ugly human, a beautiful human, a healthy human, an ill human or a human fated for great things or a human doomed for a horrible death, it is something beyond our control. Or is it? When the soul is sent back to the Earth, it goes though a process that many people call Judgment. In Egypt it was thought that the heart would be weighed on a scale, many believe that St.Peters will judge you. But somehow, spiritually or scientifically, or even both, the soul is judged and sent to a new and reasonable lifetime, according to their good and bad deeds. It is either a rewarding life for great deeds, or a punishment for wicked crimes but with a chance at redemption. Or I could be wrong, and we just float in eternal darkness :D
These are the words of Zeno.
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:33:24 PM
I believe in something similar that rebirth is attained through karma. However i also believe the goal is to transcend this cycle of rebirths and suffering.

http://www.theosophy-nw.org...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:03:28 AM
At 10/26/2014 9:16:22 PM, Zeno2014 wrote:
Zeno here again,

In my opinion I believe in the Hindu view of death. When you die, something from your body is recycled. Just like you arms, legs, kidney and heart, something untouchable from your body would be sent back to the earth; like decomposition. This something is known as many things: chi, aura, ki. But it is most commonly known as the soul. Your soul is then sent back to the earth and is used again and brought to life. Whether you are born as a rich human, poor human, an ugly human, a beautiful human, a healthy human, an ill human or a human fated for great things or a human doomed for a horrible death, it is something beyond our control. Or is it? When the soul is sent back to the Earth, it goes though a process that many people call Judgment. In Egypt it was thought that the heart would be weighed on a scale, many believe that St.Peters will judge you. But somehow, spiritually or scientifically, or even both, the soul is judged and sent to a new and reasonable lifetime, according to their good and bad deeds. It is either a rewarding life for great deeds, or a punishment for wicked crimes but with a chance at redemption. Or I could be wrong, and we just float in eternal darkness :D

Decomposition, a net increase in entropy, the end of your consciousness.

It's not so bad, so stop worrying.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:05:05 AM
At 10/27/2014 8:03:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
Zeno here again,

O_O
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:28:50 PM
Your entire life's history is embedded in the universe. The "past" is not truly over, since the universe is constantly engaging in retroactive self-configuration.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 2:59:22 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:03:28 AM, Envisage wrote:
Zeno here again,

Not if you're a p-zombie. Raaaar.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 3:31:03 PM
What Envisage said.

I really don't understand what's so comforting about the whole notion of afterlife. I know this sounds cheesy, but believing that I have one life actually increases my appreciation of it. And what is this "spirit," and how exactly will it be transferred between organisms?
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 4:02:03 PM
Zeno here again,

our brain works just like our personal organic computer, what happen when you turn off your computer? - You're staring at a black, blank monitor.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:10:33 PM
Zeno here again,

Just think about what it was like to be before you were born. That is what death is like.
ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:07:03 AM
At 10/29/2014 9:10:33 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
Zeno here again,

Just think about what it was like to be before you were born. That is what death is like.

What if we can't remember what it was like before we were born? :D
Toadstring
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 2:00:29 PM
At 10/29/2014 3:31:03 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
I really don't understand what's so comforting about the whole notion of afterlife. I know this sounds cheesy, but believing that I have one life actually increases my appreciation of it. And what is this "spirit," and how exactly will it be transferred between organisms?

I completely agree. I fact, I find the idea of reincarnation (or any such similar thing) pretty damned scary. No way I'd want to be stuck in some endless cycle of despair and loneliness. No thought is more comforting to me than "One day, it'll all be over".
Please
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 3:14:08 PM
At 11/2/2014 12:07:03 AM, ben2974 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:10:33 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
Zeno here again,

What if we can't remember what it was like before we were born? :D

... that is sort of the point. I think you're joking though...
Student4Life1975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 4:41:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Zeno here again,

I'm very content in saying I simply dont know, and anyone who claims they do (different than what you said about what you BELIEVE occurs after death) is simply lying to me and themself, because nobody can know.
there is no progress without compromise"