Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 1:26:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 1:25:24 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 11/5/2014 1:24:28 PM, Voxol wrote:
If you died today, would you be ready?

If I died today, I'd be dead.

I mean, if you died today, would you be satisfied with your life?
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 1:29:19 PM
At 11/5/2014 1:26:31 PM, Voxol wrote:
I mean, if you died today, would you be satisfied with your life?

Being dead kind of precludes feelings of satisfaction.

I don't really want to die though. And, I would prefer to live a long life, and improve my current situation.

So, though I'm not particularly satisfied with where I'm at right now... If I were dead I'd have no opinions whatsoever.
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:31:22 PM
No. I've accepted that we all die eventually, but I would very much like to live at least an average lifespan, which gives me several decades.

But, there is some comfort in accepting my eventual death that would make it a little more bearable if it were to happen in the near future. We all have to go sometime.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:02:11 PM
At 11/5/2014 1:24:28 PM, Voxol wrote:
If you died today, would you be ready?

No. There are lots of things left that I want to do before I die. I'd be disappointed if I found I was going to die today.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:06:19 PM
If i died today, i would come back and haunt my parents, then be like... Hey, you guys lied about working hard the first few years of my life would make me happy. Nope. I wasted all of my time studying and sht just to die today and all those times i could have been having fun or doing what i wanted instead of crying over how i got 2nd place instead of 1st..... Yeah, if i died today, right now, i would be pissed as fukk
I may or may not be a cat
MettaWorldPeace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:48:37 AM
The question asks two things, I think--are you willing to accept your life as it has been and are you ready to accept it all seems to go to waste in the end. The first one has to do with life satisfaction, can you say right now you have done all you could. The second one has deeper philosopical ties, are you able to accept your impermanence has effects that do not seem to have any meaning after a certain point in time. So embedded in the life satisfaction question is the question--am I willing to accept my existence even in the face of impending nonexistence? A very tough question indeed.
I awakened to another dream.