Jump to topic:

There is/can be a True Religion

james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:50:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I debated Mister_man on this topic. Can people please read the debate and then vote?

http://www.debate.org...
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
IvenMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:21:11 PM
I wanted to send you a message with a request regarding our debate. However, it says you are not receiving messages at this time. If you will, I would like to know if you are going to continue the debate. And if not will you respectfully forfeit the debate?
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 8:16:13 PM
Yes, I intend to carry on the debate. I still have one day, 23 hours, and 47 minutes left, in case you hadn't noticed.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 8:18:10 PM
By the way, ridiculing me in the comments is not very sportsmanlike.

And by the way, I think YOU missed most of MY points.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
IvenMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:47:51 PM
At 11/11/2014 8:18:10 PM, james14 wrote:
By the way, ridiculing me in the comments is not very sportsmanlike.

And by the way, I think YOU missed most of MY points.

I sincerely doubt I missed any of your points. I have been doing this for a while and theists honestly believe they can bring philosophical arguments into a scientific debate and expect them to hold up. I have analyzed your arguments on other posts and realized you have no idea what a theory is, nor do you realize that if a god or gods exist they could be proven. While I agree that it cannot be proven that a deistic god does not actually exist, we can capatilize on the prediction that a hypothesis makes and draw a conclusion- or in other words, whether God exists and does manipulate the laws of physics as the bible claims then there should be sufficient evidence for those claims. I also highly doubt that I care what you think about my attitude when it comes to debate because all I care about is the correct information. You like to play games with your opposing speaker, you have picked the wrong debate.