Jump to topic:

Free-will

Tommy.leadbetter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:11:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
we could know the positions of every atom in the universe at one time, and we had a computer that could calculate the behaviour of each individual atom, it could play out the future. We could predict everything that would happen. So your path, theoretically, is set.

So your idea of free-will is compromised. There is no such thing as complete 'free' will. I mean, there is no such thing as a consciousness that thinks anything uninfluenced by there body and evolutionary history.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:23:53 PM
At 11/20/2014 8:11:43 PM, Tommy.leadbetter wrote:
we could know the positions of every atom in the universe at one time, and we had a computer that could calculate the behaviour of each individual atom, it could play out the future. We could predict everything that would happen. So your path, theoretically, is set.

So your idea of free-will is compromised. There is no such thing as complete 'free' will. I mean, there is no such thing as a consciousness that thinks anything uninfluenced by there body and evolutionary history.

Have you heard of the uncertainty principle, tommy?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:39:21 PM
At 11/20/2014 8:23:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 11/20/2014 8:11:43 PM, Tommy.leadbetter wrote:

Have you heard of the uncertainty principle, tommy?

duuuuude... all your actions are like... predetermined, man. its all in your dna. we dont have to eb responsible for anyyything. we're free from the chains of responsibility for our actions. just do whatever you feel like already. and be chill. chill is cool.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Tommy.leadbetter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:42:30 PM
Yes, and with what little understanding a novice physicist can have of such a concept, i dont make the assumption false because it mearly demonstrates even more complexity in the behaviour of 'stuff'. As my statement is theoretical, it can account for the added complexity that this observation demonstrates.

My point is focused rather on the issue of free-will. I believe there is no such thing as an arbitrary consciousness that is free from influence and that is not ultimately bound by an evolutionary history that dictates our moods, desires and thought patterns.

Though this is all we know. So it's no wonder we call it 'free-will' its as free as it gets. Also, I would add that just because its our body telling us doesn't mean it's not free-will, for its still our body. I would rather trust my body to know what to eat and when to replenish e.t.c.