Jump to topic:

Stefan Molyneux

SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 2:42:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
does anyone else here listen to Stefan Molyneux? If so what is your opinion of him?
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 6:08:52 AM
At 11/21/2014 2:42:04 PM, SebUK wrote:
does anyone else here listen to Stefan Molyneux? If so what is your opinion of him?

He calls himself a "philosopher" but I don't think his philosophy is very complex nor interesting. I think he's more of a sort of capitalist motivational speaker, or something. That podcast was one of the first places I found out about anarcho-capitalism, but there's not much substance to stick around for, IMO.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 5:08:38 PM
SebUK : does anyone else here listen to Stefan Molyneux?

The Fool: Occasionally in regard to MRA issues.

SebUK : If so what is your opinion of him?

The Fool: He is very intelligent, but I often question his sincerity on some issues.. Thunderf00t, has been just ripping him apart though for something he lied about. But I don't know how much that takes away from the very intelligent arguments he does make.

Against The Ideologist

Although he can be a little over-the-top sometimes.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 5:39:46 PM
At 11/22/2014 5:08:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
SebUK : does anyone else here listen to Stefan Molyneux?

The Fool: Occasionally in regard to MRA issues.

SebUK : If so what is your opinion of him?

The Fool: He is very intelligent, but I often question his sincerity on some issues.. Thunderf00t, has been just ripping him apart though for something he lied about. But I don't know how much that takes away from the very intelligent arguments he does make.

Against The Ideologist

Although he can be a little over-the-top sometimes.

He is a complex character , FDR made copyright claims which go against the anarchist idea of lack of intellectual property and there has been some other controversies so it doesn't make sense to me if he wants to maximise his profits and keep his reputation up why didn't he just remain in the industry he was previously in making 100,000-200,000 thousand dollars a year .
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica