Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

How do you view your enemies/rivals?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:12:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My father served in the Marines along with a few WWII vets. They told him that the Japanese would tell stories about how in order to become a US Marine, you were required to kill and eat both your parents. It was a very nasty lie, and I know it was a lie because I knew Grandma! Senator Robert Byrd and one time KKK recruiter once assumed black parents did not love their own children. "I came to realise that black people love their children as much as I do mine." Until a few years ago, I had a perception most Germans were in denial about their role in WWII. I was WAY wrong, having visited Germany.
I've also been on the receiving end of this: I work closely with a very friendly and generous atheist, but the things he unknowingly says about me because I am a Christian, and politically conservative take me aback.
He KNOWS conservatives really don't like Obama because he's black. "[Man at a certain plant] is always complaining about Obama this and Obama that. He doesn't say it, but I know he really doesn't like him because he's black." Really? You KNOW his stated reasons aren't his real ones?

Who are your rivals, and what do you assume about them that you are willing to actually investigate to see if they are true?

What do your rivals say about you that you'd like to dispel?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.