Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Is rape equivalent to typing in moral terms.

reddeaddelight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 11:05:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello guys. This is my first post on here and i was hoping to see some people join a discussion but also maybe find some volunteers to spar with me on a debate. So any takers should let me know below. I will pick whoever seems like the biggest challenge of course! wouldn't be fun if i thought i would win easily.

Essentially i am arguing that rape (i.e bad things) is just as acceptable in the eyes of morality as using your phone (i.e random things we are indifferent towards) and that someone should view them in the same light from a LOGICAL stand point. For this debate i do not want anyone who is taking a god point of view. You may believe in god but cannot refer to him as then my goal is to prove he is not real before i can do anything else....so that is a whole other kettle of ballgame.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:21:53 PM
At 12/3/2014 11:05:52 AM, reddeaddelight wrote:
Hello guys. This is my first post on here and i was hoping to see some people join a discussion but also maybe find some volunteers to spar with me on a debate. So any takers should let me know below. I will pick whoever seems like the biggest challenge of course! wouldn't be fun if i thought i would win easily.

Essentially i am arguing that rape (i.e bad things) is just as acceptable in the eyes of morality as using your phone (i.e random things we are indifferent towards) and that someone should view them in the same light from a LOGICAL stand point. For this debate i do not want anyone who is taking a god point of view. You may believe in god but cannot refer to him as then my goal is to prove he is not real before i can do anything else....so that is a whole other kettle of ballgame.

How exactly would you defend that using your phone is just as bad as rape?
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:00:25 PM

What standard of morality is that?
AminTheDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 10:19:33 PM
So essentially you are arguing moral nihilism? If that is the case, I have no interest in debating you, as I believe moral nihilism is the most logical conclusions.
However, if you are making the argument that rape is morally equivalent to typing, under the assumption that objective morality exists, then I would be very interested to debate you.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 5:19:00 AM
You shouldn't use such a negatively loaded choice of words if you are looking for serious discussion here in the philosophy forum. Go say the same thing in the religion forum for the results you are looking for.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 7:48:32 AM
At 12/4/2014 5:19:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
You shouldn't use such a negatively loaded choice of words if you are looking for serious discussion here in the philosophy forum. Go say the same thing in the religion forum for the results you are looking for.

Haven't seen you in a while.
Nolite Timere
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 9:48:02 AM

If you value rape just as much as you do using your phone, then, for you, I would say, "Yes."
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 11:18:42 PM
At 12/4/2014 7:48:32 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Don't worry. I've been watching you every day.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 2:50:52 AM

So it would logically follow that we view such things, because they are such things.

That being, were some one to rape you, it would involve the same amount of indifference as typing on your phone, or them typing on their phone.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 7:16:46 AM
At 12/4/2014 11:18:42 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/4/2014 7:48:32 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Don't worry. I've been watching you every day.

Lol...
Nolite Timere