Jump to topic:

Do we need free will or control?

Whats_discussion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:27:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Today I was wondering, As we go along in life, we have to listen to cops and teachers and people we don't really know for behavior. we have to listen to these people to construct, build, and prepare us to live civilized. we have to listen to these people to keep us in place, if you will, and keep us in control.(They are the ones looking out for us.) I was wondering today, do we really need free will or do we need God here apprehending us, teaching us the right way? No one is perfect but God [psalm18:30] so we all have faults but God. So why can't God be here on earth controlling, apprehending, and teaching his children his way like the teachers and cops who leads us in the right path, which would make for better living. What about the kids who's parents don't teach their children about God and lead a bad example? Maybe we need control and supervision as God's imperfect children, to be watched over DIRECTLY as a teacher would in class. We are not perfect and I know I wouldn't let my young son or child walk the street by themselves. I would teach them. Like I said, We are not perfect but our Lord. who knows what are God's plan. I am saying this because God's word is all about behavior and doing the right thing. Maybe we need God here.

What I'm saying is maybe we are left unattended. Maybe we need to stay in communication with God, ALL OF US!
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:17:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:27:56 AM, Whats_discussion wrote:
Today I was wondering, As we go along in life, we have to listen to cops and teachers and people we don't really know for behavior. we have to listen to these people to construct, build, and prepare us to live civilized. we have to listen to these people to keep us in place, if you will, and keep us in control.(They are the ones looking out for us.) I was wondering today, do we really need free will or do we need God here apprehending us, teaching us the right way? No one is perfect but God [psalm18:30] so we all have faults but God. So why can't God be here on earth controlling, apprehending, and teaching his children his way like the teachers and cops who leads us in the right path, which would make for better living. What about the kids who's parents don't teach their children about God and lead a bad example? Maybe we need control and supervision as God's imperfect children, to be watched over DIRECTLY as a teacher would in class. We are not perfect and I know I wouldn't let my young son or child walk the street by themselves. I would teach them. Like I said, We are not perfect but our Lord. who knows what are God's plan. I am saying this because God's word is all about behavior and doing the right thing. Maybe we need God here.

What I'm saying is maybe we are left unattended. Maybe we need to stay in communication with God, ALL OF US!

because Christianity is all about free will! Adam and Eve chose to eat the forbidden fruit. God, in Christianity, wants you to be good and worship him under your own free will.

in a general sense, if we lose our free will, we lose what makes us human. We become mere sims, devoid of thought or true individuality. We become, in short, worthless.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com