Jump to topic:

An online course on reasoning and arguing

Amoranemix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:46:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since most of you probably like debating, the following may be of interest to you :
'Think Again: How to Reason and Argue' : http://www.coursera.org...

I am not familiar with Coursera. I only discovered it a few days ago for and started the mentioned course.

It is free, but timed. It started January 5th, takes 12 weeks and may not be available anymore after that.

One thing I recognize that was said in the first set of lessons (week 1) is that some people are unreasonable and can't be persuaded no matter how good your arguments are.

Something I hope will be addressed is debating rules or conduct. Some of my opponents in non-voted debates violate rules (like circular debating, demanding the right the define terms, giving unwarranted work, etc.) that don't seem to be covered by any fallacies.

Have fun.
The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 3:52:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/12/2015 5:46:47 AM, Amoranemix wrote:
Since most of you probably like debating, the following may be of interest to you :
'Think Again: How to Reason and Argue' : http://www.coursera.org...

I am not familiar with Coursera. I only discovered it a few days ago for and started the mentioned course.

It is free, but timed. It started January 5th, takes 12 weeks and may not be available anymore after that.

One thing I recognize that was said in the first set of lessons (week 1) is that some people are unreasonable and can't be persuaded no matter how good your arguments are.

Something I hope will be addressed is debating rules or conduct. Some of my opponents in non-voted debates violate rules (like circular debating, demanding the right the define terms, giving unwarranted work, etc.) that don't seem to be covered by any fallacies.

Have fun.

Thanks for introducing me to the course, I hope to learn something from it.