Total Posts:108|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What are some good responses to Nihilism

Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:52:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

Please vote on that debate btw... only 4 h left =/
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:53:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:52:15 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

Please vote on that debate btw... only 4 h left =/

Sorry I can't. I have school in 5 minutes
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:53:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

I literally wrote that round in 10 minutes... lol. I am sure you can find plenty of ways to argue against it.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:55:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

Wtf, I can kill this debate. I wish there were a way to transfer it to me, so that I can finish it off.

I could see myself winning that one, if I could somehow commit to all of the rounds without insta-forfeiting.

But, that next round? I got that np.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:56:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:53:35 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

I literally wrote that round in 10 minutes... lol. I am sure you can find plenty of ways to argue against it.

Well, you use it so often, that's all the time you should need
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:57:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:55:56 PM, Such wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

Wtf, I can kill this debate. I wish there were a way to transfer it to me, so that I can finish it off.

I could see myself winning that one, if I could somehow commit to all of the rounds without insta-forfeiting.

But, that next round? I got that np.

You cocky bastard
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:58:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:55:56 PM, Such wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

Wtf, I can kill this debate. I wish there were a way to transfer it to me, so that I can finish it off.

I could see myself winning that one, if I could somehow commit to all of the rounds without insta-forfeiting.

But, that next round? I got that np.

Debates aren't biological. Thus debates cannot be killed.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:00:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:56:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:53:35 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

I literally wrote that round in 10 minutes... lol. I am sure you can find plenty of ways to argue against it.

Well, you use it so often, that's all the time you should need

I am writing my Islamic argument as we speak. So you will have to contend with both the argument form nihilism and from realism.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:02:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:58:52 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:55:56 PM, Such wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

Wtf, I can kill this debate. I wish there were a way to transfer it to me, so that I can finish it off.

I could see myself winning that one, if I could somehow commit to all of the rounds without insta-forfeiting.

But, that next round? I got that np.

Debates aren't biological. Thus debates cannot be killed.

English isn't concrete. Thus, English allows for metaphor, expletive, pejorative, and euphemism. Accordingly, with an appreciation for illustrative speech, one can deduce what one means by killing such an easily refuted argument.

;)
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:02:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:57:25 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:55:56 PM, Such wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

Wtf, I can kill this debate. I wish there were a way to transfer it to me, so that I can finish it off.

I could see myself winning that one, if I could somehow commit to all of the rounds without insta-forfeiting.

But, that next round? I got that np.

You cocky bastard

You love it.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:13:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 5:00:21 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:56:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:53:35 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

I literally wrote that round in 10 minutes... lol. I am sure you can find plenty of ways to argue against it.

Well, you use it so often, that's all the time you should need

I am writing my Islamic argument as we speak. So you will have to contend with both the argument form nihilism and from realism.

From realism??

First debate in a while that I'll be following.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:36:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I assume since this thread is posted and both parties are aware of it, you're doing one of those open debates. Here's my thoughts:

For Con:
1) application of the pro framework is not congruent with any functional society, which is what his philosophy aims for. Functionality.
2) Pro's definition of morality is defined in terms which are not used in society. In a debate, definitions are by default limited to the cultural conditions from which it is made, to avoid purely semantic arguments and unwarranted meta-physical arguments. Pro didn't argue for a trans-cultural consideration. Given the request by the instigator for a muslim to argue, it should have been made.
3) Pro argues from a moral stance of pure individualism. The currently accepted modal of morality is consensus morality however, and he does not argue that his position is superior or more desirable to believe than the status quo. Hence he can easily be refuted by arguing what is good and bad for people in terms of society and law.

For Pro:
1) The topic does not require Pro to affirm positive utility in raping a 9 year old girl. It merely says it is ok for a 50 year old man to have sex with a 9 year old. To show that it is ok, it merely needs to be pointed out that nothing is inherently wrong with the action, hence it is ok. 'Ok' does not imply good. It implies 'not bad.'
2) There isn't any restriction to morality. It should be assumed that the topic seeks to define in terms of moral ought, however it doesn't, and thus it can be argued that the resolution is 'ok' in terms of cost-benefit analysis etc.

Slightly disturbing debate though, not sure what prompted it.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:47:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

lol
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:48:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

Lol, don't you love it when your own moral framework is used against you
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:49:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 9:36:42 PM, Smithereens wrote:
I assume since this thread is posted and both parties are aware of it, you're doing one of those open debates. Here's my thoughts:

For Con:
1) application of the pro framework is not congruent with any functional society, which is what his philosophy aims for. Functionality.
2) Pro's definition of morality is defined in terms which are not used in society. In a debate, definitions are by default limited to the cultural conditions from which it is made, to avoid purely semantic arguments and unwarranted meta-physical arguments. Pro didn't argue for a trans-cultural consideration. Given the request by the instigator for a muslim to argue, it should have been made.
3) Pro argues from a moral stance of pure individualism. The currently accepted modal of morality is consensus morality however, and he does not argue that his position is superior or more desirable to believe than the status quo. Hence he can easily be refuted by arguing what is good and bad for people in terms of society and law.

For Pro:
1) The topic does not require Pro to affirm positive utility in raping a 9 year old girl. It merely says it is ok for a 50 year old man to have sex with a 9 year old. To show that it is ok, it merely needs to be pointed out that nothing is inherently wrong with the action, hence it is ok. 'Ok' does not imply good. It implies 'not bad.'
2) There isn't any restriction to morality. It should be assumed that the topic seeks to define in terms of moral ought, however it doesn't, and thus it can be argued that the resolution is 'ok' in terms of cost-benefit analysis etc.

Slightly disturbing debate though, not sure what prompted it.

Not bad.
Nolite Timere
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:52:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 9:48:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

Lol, don't you love it when your own moral framework is used against you

I don't mind. If they want to be an arses then I just will not talk to them, and I suspect others will not either.

If it is in their self-interest to have people not talking to them then they should be arses.

It's how any relationship works.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:48:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

1. It is "good" or in the 50 year olds best interest to conform to society for emotional and nourishment needs.

2. Raping the 9 year old will then be detrimental to 1.

3. Compared with the act of raping the girl, not-raping has more benefits for the person. Therefore self-interest and a rational selection of between these actions would be not-raping.

Rebuttal: Power insulates people from peer pressure. And influence of leader make setting social norms easier. Power and influence would then make breaking social norms less self-interest dissipating.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:37:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL

Best. Argument. Ever.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:42:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:37:42 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL

Best. Argument. Ever.

Wasn't meant to be an argument, so what exactly is your point?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:49:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:42:39 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:37:42 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL

Best. Argument. Ever.

Wasn't meant to be an argument, so what exactly is your point?

joke
[johk]
noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:55:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:49:05 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:42:39 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:37:42 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL

Best. Argument. Ever.

Wasn't meant to be an argument, so what exactly is your point?

joke
[johk]
noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Oops, sorry. m(-_-)m

I ruined the joke. (-____-)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:57:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:55:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:49:05 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:42:39 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:37:42 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:28:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:51:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:50:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:49:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Not cool Wylted...

This is in my self interest. There is nothing immoral about it.

If it's in your self interest for me to be annoyed with you then fair enough.

They can't help me anyway. No good arguments against ethical egoism or Nigilism exist :(

LOL

Best. Argument. Ever.

Wasn't meant to be an argument, so what exactly is your point?

joke
[johk]
noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Oops, sorry. m(-_-)m

I ruined the joke. (-____-)

It happens. I just applied to be a school governor today, I hope they don't see this debate... I am not sure it will look good on me,
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Posts: 725
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:06:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 4:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Particularly in response to the arguments in this debate http://www.debate.org...

Except when that material simulates feeling and the like.
Then it is just making another persons life miserable. It is immoral in all forms to justify rape by just declaring that " It doesn't matter, nothing does! ". They still got time to live and to experience new things, do new things. Scaring them forever does effect what happens in the universe. Its still the transfer of atomic energy, yes. That energy was moved to a different place in the situation a rape didn't occur.

So really, yes. Rape still effects the universe. By not only scaring something that can move energies, but by moving energy itself.

I have no idea what I just said.
Point is, it still changes someones life.