Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

When atheists try to do philosophy

SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol
SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 12:59:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

Well, I actually like the philosophy forum, so maybe don't shitpost here.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:01:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 12:59:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

Well, I actually like the philosophy forum, so maybe don't shitpost here.

http://www.debate.org...

K.
SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:11:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:01:53 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:59:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

Well, I actually like the philosophy forum, so maybe don't shitpost here.

http://www.debate.org...

K.

At least I offered *something* to discuss. I'm also reasonably certain that you just made a logical fallacy. Are we all going to sink into the unbound ontological potential now that we've broken the info-logical structure of realities reflexive configuration?
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:11:09 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:01:53 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:59:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:42:12 PM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
I agree that the arguments presented in that excerpt are rather terrible. However, I also have to call into question the productivity of these kinds of posts. This is a platitude, but every side has those who do not represent the full intellectual strength of the ideology. Truly, anyone can play this game, and I don't mean "game" in a deprecating way, as I would agree with you in so far as this represents poor thinking within atheism. After all, the large majority of practicing philosophers are atheists, so they seem capable of performing philosophy.

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

Well, I actually like the philosophy forum, so maybe don't shitpost here.

http://www.debate.org...

K.

At least I offered *something* to discuss.

I'm also reasonably certain that you just made a logical fallacy.

I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious. The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Are we all going to sink into the unbound ontological potential now that we've broken the info-logical structure of realities reflexive configuration?

Bossy does it better.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?

I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments. The title of this thread was just to be provocative (which it apparently was).
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:47:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?

I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments. The title of this thread was just to be provocative (which it apparently was).

But you didn't even do that much.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:55:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:47:23 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?

I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments. The title of this thread was just to be provocative (which it apparently was).

But you didn't even do that much.

?
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 1:57:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:55:19 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:47:23 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?

I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments. The title of this thread was just to be provocative (which it apparently was).

But you didn't even do that much.

?

You didn't even make fun of the video's ridiculous arguments. So far it seems you just made a provocative title to justify making a pointless thread.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 2:00:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:57:48 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:55:19 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:47:23 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:42:30 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:36:10 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:29:12 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:23:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:13:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/10/2015 12:51:50 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Who said this post was meant to be productive? lol

When a theist tries to do philosophy ...

Yes, because that post was definitely meant to be philosophical.

Have you produced any philosophical insight in this thread at all? No? My statement still stands.

1.You have not actually made a statement. 2. As I was not attempting to do philosophy in this thread, the fact that I have not many any philosophical insights is not particularly surprising or important. Attempting to do philosophy and failing is one thing; making a post that was never intended to be philosophical is quite another.

Ah, so the point of this thread was to straw man atheists in the philosophy forum without producing any meaningful philosophy ... yea ... what's the point of this thread again?

I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments. The title of this thread was just to be provocative (which it apparently was).

But you didn't even do that much.

?

You didn't even make fun of the video's ridiculous arguments. So far it seems you just made a provocative title to justify making a pointless thread.

Sometimes it's unnecessary to ridicule arguments that are obviously ridiculous. I normally like her and the show, but sometimes they can be incredibly obtuse.
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 11:38:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/9/2015 5:19:24 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
5:49 - 6:17
http://youtu.be...

The philosopher guy is wearing a bowling shirt in front of the ugliest green-screen background I've ever seen. And every font is arial bold.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.

Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:31:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.


Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.

http://youtu.be...
SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:33:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 12:31:12 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.


Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.

http://youtu.be...

If only I had a brain :(
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 1:15:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.


Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.

):
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SargonOfAkkad
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 1:25:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 1:15:47 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.


Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.

):

I am sorry. Sometimes, the heat of these tense moments is an impetus for rash and inconsiderate remarks. I am cognizant of the immensity and profundity of the harm I have caused to your mental, and by causal implication, physical, well-being. Potentially, one could offer reparations, but this does not erase the damage already done. It merely serves to build a foundation for your little acorn to once again grow into a mighty oak tree, Mr. Rogers. I am powerless to reverse what I have done. I am a horrific, terrifying monster, the embodiment of death itself, the drain of life, the swirls of Goyian chaos as Saturn devours his son, the bats flying from the belfry of the once sane artist. Whence and wither come this most unwelcome of guests? I fear that I cannot answer this. We must sit, silently, hands folded in our laps, fighting against the current that is to come.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 9:12:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/11/2015 1:25:25 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/11/2015 1:15:47 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/11/2015 12:12:11 AM, SargonOfAkkad wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:20:31 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I wasn't aware that the letter "K" could be fallacious.

Now you are.

The implication of that comment was ambiguous - you can't say for certain whether I was just making an observation, or whether I actually intended to use your shitpost as a justification for my own.

Yes I can.


Bossy does it better.

No he doesn't.

):

I am sorry. Sometimes, the heat of these tense moments is an impetus for rash and inconsiderate remarks. I am cognizant of the immensity and profundity of the harm I have caused to your mental, and by causal implication, physical, well-being. Potentially, one could offer reparations, but this does not erase the damage already done. It merely serves to build a foundation for your little acorn to once again grow into a mighty oak tree, Mr. Rogers. I am powerless to reverse what I have done. I am a horrific, terrifying monster, the embodiment of death itself, the drain of life, the swirls of Goyian chaos as Saturn devours his son, the bats flying from the belfry of the once sane artist. Whence and wither come this most unwelcome of guests? I fear that I cannot answer this. We must sit, silently, hands folded in our laps, fighting against the current that is to come.

lmao
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 10:04:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments.

Here's a crazy idea, instead of making fun of ridiculous arguments how about you actually show why it is ridiculous?

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The caller is asserting that something cannot come from nothing in which Tracy is pointing out that you can't make deductive statements about the qualities of something you have no experience with. Which is a valid argument.

The argument which Tracy and Matt failed to make which would have put this caller to bed was to point out that the only reason the caller is not convinced by that point is because he is simply defining nothing as "that from which something cannot come". And yea, if he defines nothing like that then of course something cannot come from it. The problem is that at this point he is just arguing definitions which have no necessary tie to reality, thus invalidating the rest of his argument.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 12:24:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2015 10:04:03 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments.

Here's a crazy idea, instead of making fun of ridiculous arguments how about you actually show why it is ridiculous?

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The caller is asserting that something cannot come from nothing in which Tracy is pointing out that you can't make deductive statements about the qualities of something you have no experience with. Which is a valid argument.


Actually, that argument is unjustifiable.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 7:38:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2015 12:24:27 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/15/2015 10:04:03 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments.

Here's a crazy idea, instead of making fun of ridiculous arguments how about you actually show why it is ridiculous?

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The caller is asserting that something cannot come from nothing in which Tracy is pointing out that you can't make deductive statements about the qualities of something you have no experience with. Which is a valid argument.


Actually, that argument is unjustifiable.

Ah, I see. So your purpose here was to just call the argument ridiculous even though you are incapable of explaining how or why, nor are you the least bit concerned about demonstrating it. Why even bother?

Do us all a favor... Next time you feel like starting a thread, just don't.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 1:31:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2015 7:38:27 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/18/2015 12:24:27 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/15/2015 10:04:03 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments.

Here's a crazy idea, instead of making fun of ridiculous arguments how about you actually show why it is ridiculous?

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The caller is asserting that something cannot come from nothing in which Tracy is pointing out that you can't make deductive statements about the qualities of something you have no experience with. Which is a valid argument.


Actually, that argument is unjustifiable.

Ah, I see. So your purpose here was to just call the argument ridiculous even though you are incapable of explaining how or why, nor are you the least bit concerned about demonstrating it. Why even bother?

Do us all a favor... Next time you feel like starting a thread, just don't.

I think that concludes this thread.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 10:25:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2015 7:38:27 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/18/2015 12:24:27 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/15/2015 10:04:03 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/10/2015 1:44:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
I like to make fun of ridiculous arguments.

Here's a crazy idea, instead of making fun of ridiculous arguments how about you actually show why it is ridiculous?

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The caller is asserting that something cannot come from nothing in which Tracy is pointing out that you can't make deductive statements about the qualities of something you have no experience with. Which is a valid argument.


Actually, that argument is unjustifiable.

Ah, I see. So your purpose here was to just call the argument ridiculous even though you are incapable of explaining how or why, nor are you the least bit concerned about demonstrating it. Why even bother?

Do us all a favor... Next time you feel like starting a thread, just don't.

We don't need to experience something to be sure of its nature, since its nature follows from its definition which we can establish whenever we want to. Moron.