Jump to topic:

Does "Forever" exist?

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:54:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There is a common saying: "nothing lasts forever." Does anything last forever? The concept of "forever" is flawed, as, via. the Second Law of Thermodynamics, time does not last forever. Can the concept of something lasting forever be temporally conceivable, esp. since causation is not necessary via. the Hawking-Penrose singularity theorems?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:17:54 AM
At 4/19/2015 5:54:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
There is a common saying: "nothing lasts forever." Does anything last forever? The concept of "forever" is flawed, as, via. the Second Law of Thermodynamics, time does not last forever. Can the concept of something lasting forever be temporally conceivable, esp. since causation is not necessary via. the Hawking-Penrose singularity theorems?

As I have said in our group PM I believe nothing last forever.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:38:37 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:17:54 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

I stopped the thread, so I dunno.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:46:28 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:38:37 AM, tejretics wrote:

I thought you were inspired to create this because of that question. You stopped listening to your own thread?

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:48:59 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:46:28 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

I thought you were inspired to create this because of that question. You stopped listening to your own thread?

Haha, yeah. I created this because Merlito sent me a PM (between us only) asking me this. He said Mikal's answer was time, so I told him time doesn't last forever.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:51:02 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:48:59 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 4/19/2015 6:46:28 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Haha, yeah. I created this because Merlito sent me a PM (between us only) asking me this. He said Mikal's answer was time, so I told him time doesn't last forever.

Merlito asked the question on the PM. He said darkness last forever.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 8:57:23 AM
No one lives forever so no one will ever know.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%