Jump to topic:

What is the meaning of death?

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:20:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm not asking for the dictionary definition. People ask "what os the meaning of life?" all the time, but does any one know why we die?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:41:10 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:20:13 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm not asking for the dictionary definition. People ask "what os the meaning of life?" all the time, but does any one know why we die?

This should be in "Science", not "Philosophy". Death is the point when mitosis and meiosis stop, and, hence, so do cellular functions and reactions.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:44:48 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:41:10 AM, tejretics wrote:

This should be in "Science", not "Philosophy". Death is the point when mitosis and meiosis stop, and, hence, so do cellular functions and reactions.

I said I'm nit looking for the definition but thanks.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:45:50 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:44:48 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 4/19/2015 6:41:10 AM, tejretics wrote:

I said I'm nit looking for the definition but thanks.

When cellular reactions stop, all organs shut down, so there is no perception. It feels like sleep.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:47:47 AM
Sig change.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:50:01 AM
At 4/19/2015 6:47:47 AM, tejretics wrote:
Sig change.

What's the AOW debate group? And who are your members ?

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 8:56:29 AM
"What is the meaning of death?" That depends 100% on how you die.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 7:04:03 PM

We die because God is just and perfect won't put up with our bad behavior forever. We only live so we have a chance to turn to him. Death is justice, life is a stay of execution.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 9:06:18 PM

For me, I don't know. But in the end, we all will find out (or go into a void on unconsciousness).
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...