Intuition and ideal forms underlying this uni

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 10:47:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
verse.

I think that intuition is the ability to glean things from the universe beyond our five senses, which is then filtered through our subconscious. Thi sis what I think intuition is. I think there are laws of nature, and ideal forms which make up the universe. These include archetypal ideas. Also, numbers which make up the ideal forms, like 64, and the multiples of 27
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 12:43:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 10:47:25 PM, janesix wrote:
verse.

I think that intuition is the ability to glean things from the universe beyond our five senses, which is then filtered through our subconscious. Thi sis what I think intuition is. I think there are laws of nature, and ideal forms which make up the universe. These include archetypal ideas. Also, numbers which make up the ideal forms, like 64, and the multiples of 27

I think the problem with theories like this, which reify generalities, is in treating what is really a 'figure of speech' as some kind of sharp distinction. The difference between a statement about a particular and a general rule cannot be sharply defined, because all statements are in some sense general.

If I say "My name is Jake," this is a kind of general rule, because it means that I am Jake now, that I was Jake 5 minutes ago, that I'll still be Jake 5 minutes in the future, and so on. So, I don't deny the existence of general rules, but I assert that the world of generalities is 'in the last analysis' the same world as that of particulars, although it isn't always convenient to talk in those terms (making a distinction makes communication easier).

So, once beginning with sending a few given things (mathematics, laws of nature etc,) into this world of general forms, a consistent theory would necessarily need to keep putting more and more of this world into that one, until it becomes swallowed up entirely inside of it. There is nothing we can point to which would not immediately need to be categorized into it.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx