Total Posts:137|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Rainbows only exist in our heads

Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:49:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Light with certain wavelengths exist that, when combined with the eye and the brain, produce rainbows. To say that rainbows don't exist is to say that that statement isn't true.

Rainbows exist. For proof, look outside your window on a rainy day.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:57:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
that statement isn't true. It produces a phenominon which creates the illusion of a rainbow in your head.

At 5/2/2015 9:49:10 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Light with certain wavelengths exist that, when combined with the eye and the brain, produce rainbows. To say that rainbows don't exist is to say that that statement isn't true.

Rainbows exist. For proof, look outside your window on a rainy day.

ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:17:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 9:57:04 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
that statement isn't true. It produces a phenominon which creates the illusion of a rainbow in your head.
No, it produces what we call a rainbow... there's literally no reason for the distinctions you're making. You're being a sophist.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:47:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
lol namecalling? If it means so much to you, please be my guest and believe what you like. It won't alter reality in any way either way. And it won't alter my views in any way. This post is merely to test who percieves reality as I do. There is no right or wrong way.

At 5/2/2015 10:17:57 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:57:04 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
that statement isn't true. It produces a phenominon which creates the illusion of a rainbow in your head.
No, it produces what we call a rainbow... there's literally no reason for the distinctions you're making. You're being a sophist.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 1:28:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 10:47:11 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
lol namecalling? If it means so much to you, please be my guest and believe what you like. It won't alter reality in any way either way. And it won't alter my views in any way. This post is merely to test who percieves reality as I do. There is no right or wrong way.
You literally just said that my view was wrong. Now you're saying that there are no wrong views. Let that sink in for a minute.

At 5/2/2015 10:17:57 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:57:04 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
that statement isn't true. It produces a phenominon which creates the illusion of a rainbow in your head.
No, it produces what we call a rainbow... there's literally no reason for the distinctions you're making. You're being a sophist.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Rubikx
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 9:52:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 2:15:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
Do you know what a mirage is?
rainbows aren't a mirages. Rainbows are just light refracting in raindrops and so everyone see's a different one based off their position relative to the water droplets. While a mirage is also caused by the similar processes, rainbows are not mirages. Rainbows are detectable by machines, whereas a mirage is a illusion of the mind. Rainbows are physical events, whereas mirages are illusions of the mind created by physical events.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
logical deduction.

At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 2:55:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
mirages can be captured on film. I don't see your point. Do you truely grasp that the rainbow that exists in your left eyes perception is a different rainbow from the one that exists from your right eyes perception? When you fully grasp that the answer is logical. Both illusions only exist in your head.

At 5/6/2015 9:52:07 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:15:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
Do you know what a mirage is?
rainbows aren't a mirages. Rainbows are just light refracting in raindrops and so everyone see's a different one based off their position relative to the water droplets. While a mirage is also caused by the similar processes, rainbows are not mirages. Rainbows are detectable by machines, whereas a mirage is a illusion of the mind. Rainbows are physical events, whereas mirages are illusions of the mind created by physical events.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 9:01:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do people insist on talking about boring stuff that hasn't been in fashion since the eighteenth century? Smells like first year philosophy bullsh't.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 9:25:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Forgive me. I'm only debating for 4 weeks. These may be old theories to you but I reached them on my own and need to discuss them so I grasp them and hopefully reach your level of understanding. I'd appreciate your critisism if it was accompanied by a logical argument explaining where I'm wrong. If not., pleast STFU.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.

At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:33:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.
You forgot about view cameras, that display the image on a ground glass sheet, does not record it anywhere, unless a film holder is inserted, dark slide removed, etc.

Anyone who looks at the ground glass that displays an image of the rainbow sees the exact same thing.
The facts prove you are not correct.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 2:56:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Rainbows occupy space in the real world, because they are waves, although your particular perception of a rainbow only occupies space in your head. In summary, colors are an illusionary invention of your brain, but waves are not.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 3:19:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
in english. Light waves are real but rainbows are imagined.
I rest my case.

At 5/7/2015 2:56:07 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Rainbows occupy space in the real world, because they are waves, although your particular perception of a rainbow only occupies space in your head. In summary, colors are an illusionary invention of your brain, but waves are not.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 3:22:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 3:19:30 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
in english. Light waves are real but rainbows are imagined.
I rest my case.

At 5/7/2015 2:56:07 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Rainbows occupy space in the real world, because they are waves, although your particular perception of a rainbow only occupies space in your head. In summary, colors are an illusionary invention of your brain, but waves are not.

Well, whatever works for you in order to organize your ideas pal :)
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 6:45:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.

Have you provided sufficient "proof" (I think you're not using that word correctly) to call this scientifically validated?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 10:51:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As I grasp things there is sufficient proof for me to believe it. Your grasp of the concept may lead you to a different answer. Is my grasp more objectively accurate than yours?
I have no idea. Maybe I dnt grasp the concept accurately. Maybe I am the only one in the world who does. Its not majority rules. As we all know majority can be mistaken. I tried to start a forum to discuss this. How to determine if we grasp a concept accurately. Lol ironically not many people grasped the concept. As the saying goes, in the land of the blind a one eye'd man can do miracles.

At 5/7/2015 6:45:33 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.

Have you provided sufficient "proof" (I think you're not using that word correctly) to call this scientifically validated?
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:18:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/7/2015 10:51:40 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
As I grasp things there is sufficient proof for me to believe it. Your grasp of the concept may lead you to a different answer. Is my grasp more objectively accurate than yours?
I have no idea. Maybe I dnt grasp the concept accurately. Maybe I am the only one in the world who does. Its not majority rules. As we all know majority can be mistaken. I tried to start a forum to discuss this. How to determine if we grasp a concept accurately. Lol ironically not many people grasped the concept. As the saying goes, in the land of the blind a one eye'd man can do miracles.


At 5/7/2015 6:45:33 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.

Have you provided sufficient "proof" (I think you're not using that word correctly) to call this scientifically validated?

Yes, I think most of us understand that. But the question was whether you could substantiate the claim scientifically.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:30:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
No I can't.

At 5/8/2015 8:18:12 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 10:51:40 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
As I grasp things there is sufficient proof for me to believe it. Your grasp of the concept may lead you to a different answer. Is my grasp more objectively accurate than yours?
I have no idea. Maybe I dnt grasp the concept accurately. Maybe I am the only one in the world who does. Its not majority rules. As we all know majority can be mistaken. I tried to start a forum to discuss this. How to determine if we grasp a concept accurately. Lol ironically not many people grasped the concept. As the saying goes, in the land of the blind a one eye'd man can do miracles.


At 5/7/2015 6:45:33 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.

Have you provided sufficient "proof" (I think you're not using that word correctly) to call this scientifically validated?

Yes, I think most of us understand that. But the question was whether you could substantiate the claim scientifically.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:37:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/8/2015 8:30:40 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
No I can't.

At 5/8/2015 8:18:12 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 10:51:40 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
As I grasp things there is sufficient proof for me to believe it. Your grasp of the concept may lead you to a different answer. Is my grasp more objectively accurate than yours?
I have no idea. Maybe I dnt grasp the concept accurately. Maybe I am the only one in the world who does. Its not majority rules. As we all know majority can be mistaken. I tried to start a forum to discuss this. How to determine if we grasp a concept accurately. Lol ironically not many people grasped the concept. As the saying goes, in the land of the blind a one eye'd man can do miracles.


At 5/7/2015 6:45:33 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 1:25:11 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
oh. My apologies. You question merely stated where did I get the idea from. Well I got the idea by logical deduction and then proved it with facts. A rainbow only exists in the mind of the person percieving the phenominon. 2 eyes see 2 different illusions. Even a camera captures its own illusion. That is the only instance in which a rainbow becomes real. In every other situation a rainbow is imagined and vanishes once the illusion ends or you close your eyes.


At 5/7/2015 8:47:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 8:45:05 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
under the condition that my perception of reality determines my reality. You are welcome to percieve your reality as you wish.
This is my opinion. Agree or dnt.

At 5/7/2015 7:46:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/7/2015 2:47:47 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
logical deduction.


At 5/6/2015 10:24:45 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:36:32 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Rainbows are optical illusions that don't really exist. They are the result of a existing phenominon. Therefore anyone exposed to this phenominon imagines their own rainbow. Even a camera gets fooled as the illusion works with light waves but a rainbow occupies no space in the real world. It exists only in the head of the person seeing it.

Where did you get this idea?

Under what conditions is logical deduction a sufficient means of determining reality or the correct explanations of real phenomena?

I'm not sure that was actually an answer to my question, but are you saying that reality is subjective? I was asking whether logical deduction is sufficient for determining what is real in an objective sense.

Have you provided sufficient "proof" (I think you're not using that word correctly) to call this scientifically validated?

Yes, I think most of us understand that. But the question was whether you could substantiate the claim scientifically.

Okay. Is there some other way you can show it is true?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:10:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
To do so we would have to agree on where imagination ends and real begins in the mind. If I have an idea, does that idea exist in my mind or is it imagined? If it exists in my mind only, is it real? By definition an idea isn't real yet if it wasn't real it could never exist in my mind. So does anything that exists only in the mind, not exist in reality?
Ask yourself, what is a rainbow?
A rainbow is a reflection of the sun. But because of refraction the image is broken up. We only see part of the sun depending on the angle. 7 parts to be accurate. The bottom half of the reflection is cut off as its blocked by the earth. If it weren't we would see a complete circle.
Now its true that the light rays are real and occur whether anyone observes it or not, but we are not looking at millions of raindrops. If light is reflected off a orange I admit the orange is real. But if you hold a orange up to a mirror you see 2 oranges. 1 real and 1 reflection. The phenominon causing this is also called reflection, which is when light rays are deflected. Our eyes, which believe light travels in a straight line are fooled into seeing a second orange, but our minds realise the deception and so we know the reflection is not a real orange. But the deflection of light is a real phenominon so reflection is real, but what we see in the reflection isn't real. This is where I lose most people because they can't comprehend the difference between a reflection (deflection of light) and a reflection (the second orange). If you dnt see a difference then don't bother reading further.
Now as I said earlier a rainbow is just a reflection of the sun. Its beautiful, but not real. Our eyes are deceived into seeing them but this time even our brains get fooled. I hope that makes my logic a bit clearer.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:10:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/8/2015 9:10:01 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
To do so we would have to agree on where imagination ends and real begins in the mind. If I have an idea, does that idea exist in my mind or is it imagined? If it exists in my mind only, is it real? By definition an idea isn't real yet if it wasn't real it could never exist in my mind. So does anything that exists only in the mind, not exist in reality?
Ask yourself, what is a rainbow?
A rainbow is a reflection of the sun. But because of refraction the image is broken up. We only see part of the sun depending on the angle. 7 parts to be accurate. The bottom half of the reflection is cut off as its blocked by the earth. If it weren't we would see a complete circle.
Now its true that the light rays are real and occur whether anyone observes it or not, but we are not looking at millions of raindrops. If light is reflected off a orange I admit the orange is real. But if you hold a orange up to a mirror you see 2 oranges. 1 real and 1 reflection. The phenominon causing this is also called reflection, which is when light rays are deflected. Our eyes, which believe light travels in a straight line are fooled into seeing a second orange, but our minds realise the deception and so we know the reflection is not a real orange. But the deflection of light is a real phenominon so reflection is real, but what we see in the reflection isn't real. This is where I lose most people because they can't comprehend the difference between a reflection (deflection of light) and a reflection (the second orange). If you dnt see a difference then don't bother reading further.
Now as I said earlier a rainbow is just a reflection of the sun. Its beautiful, but not real. Our eyes are deceived into seeing them but this time even our brains get fooled. I hope that makes my logic a bit clearer.

You really need to understand the terms you're using. A reflection is light forced to change direction due to striking an object that does not absorb it. A rainbow is a result of refraction, the scattering of light due to passing through a medium that forces different frequencies to move in different directions, hence a rainbow that shows the entire spectrum in a mathematical sequence from one extreme to the other. If we were capable of seeing them, this phenomena extends into the infrared and ultraviolet. Because it is a physical phenomena it can be explained and captured on recording media that does not 'perceive' but merely copies the image it is directed at. Our eyes are not deceived but there is one aspect of illusion, that the rainbow seems to move as you approach it. I don't understand why you insist on both misstating how the phenomenon is produced and that it is an illusion since it is fully explained by basic physics.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:16:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Because the suns rays are deflected off the back of the raindrop. Not all of it, but just enough for you to see. Go research it. The suns rays are refracted and deflected back towards the viewer. You are looking at a reflection of the sun.

At 5/8/2015 10:10:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 5/8/2015 9:10:01 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
To do so we would have to agree on where imagination ends and real begins in the mind. If I have an idea, does that idea exist in my mind or is it imagined? If it exists in my mind only, is it real? By definition an idea isn't real yet if it wasn't real it could never exist in my mind. So does anything that exists only in the mind, not exist in reality?
Ask yourself, what is a rainbow?
A rainbow is a reflection of the sun. But because of refraction the image is broken up. We only see part of the sun depending on the angle. 7 parts to be accurate. The bottom half of the reflection is cut off as its blocked by the earth. If it weren't we would see a complete circle.
Now its true that the light rays are real and occur whether anyone observes it or not, but we are not looking at millions of raindrops. If light is reflected off a orange I admit the orange is real. But if you hold a orange up to a mirror you see 2 oranges. 1 real and 1 reflection. The phenominon causing this is also called reflection, which is when light rays are deflected. Our eyes, which believe light travels in a straight line are fooled into seeing a second orange, but our minds realise the deception and so we know the reflection is not a real orange. But the deflection of light is a real phenominon so reflection is real, but what we see in the reflection isn't real. This is where I lose most people because they can't comprehend the difference between a reflection (deflection of light) and a reflection (the second orange). If you dnt see a difference then don't bother reading further.
Now as I said earlier a rainbow is just a reflection of the sun. Its beautiful, but not real. Our eyes are deceived into seeing them but this time even our brains get fooled. I hope that makes my logic a bit clearer.

You really need to understand the terms you're using. A reflection is light forced to change direction due to striking an object that does not absorb it. A rainbow is a result of refraction, the scattering of light due to passing through a medium that forces different frequencies to move in different directions, hence a rainbow that shows the entire spectrum in a mathematical sequence from one extreme to the other. If we were capable of seeing them, this phenomena extends into the infrared and ultraviolet. Because it is a physical phenomena it can be explained and captured on recording media that does not 'perceive' but merely copies the image it is directed at. Our eyes are not deceived but there is one aspect of illusion, that the rainbow seems to move as you approach it. I don't understand why you insist on both misstating how the phenomenon is produced and that it is an illusion since it is fully explained by basic physics.