Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Heidegger in a nutshell

sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 12:01:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.

I was actually referring to his obscure writing style, not his ideas, but I can see how that would be confusing.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:23:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 12:01:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.

I was actually referring to his obscure writing style, not his ideas, but I can see how that would be confusing.

What a lazy point
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:45:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 1:23:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:01:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.

I was actually referring to his obscure writing style, not his ideas, but I can see how that would be confusing.

What a lazy point

lol
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:48:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 12:01:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.

I was actually referring to his obscure writing style, not his ideas, but I can see how that would be confusing.

Any opinion about his ideas?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 1:40:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 10:48:06 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:01:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/19/2015 6:24:43 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:13:32 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Remember when in Objectivist Epistemology Rand dismissed Wittgenstein's entire philosophy (which was directly related to and the most prominent counter-argument against exactly what she was asserting) by saying that it was a "perfect description of the state of a mind out of focus"--?

That seems very similar to what you're doing here. Being and Time seems like one of the most important points at which philosophy has dismantled the CTMU kind of present-at-hand ontology. It would actually be interesting to see you engage with it and how your philosophy would rebut or agree with it.

I was actually referring to his obscure writing style, not his ideas, but I can see how that would be confusing.

Any opinion about his ideas?

I'm still in the process of trying to understand them lol