Jump to topic:

love motivates everything we do.

Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 12:48:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Every action we do from the moment of birth till the day we die can be traced back to love. Even the will to survive is owed to loving life. People kill for love. Die for love. But none can resist its calling. Whether you love a person, a thing (like money) , a concept (like power) , God, your country or just knowledge, it gives us purpose. A reason to get up each day. A reason to smile. A reason to live and in the end, a reason to die. One would think such a powerful force would receive more than just a mention in the science field. But then again, psychologists also need to earn a living.
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 12:50:53 PM
http://www.debate.org...

This is a very similar topic to what i posted a few minutes ago. Except I said that all people are selfish and THAT motivates everything we do.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:09:04 PM
At 5/19/2015 12:50:53 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:

This is a very similar topic to what i posted a few minutes ago. Except I said that all people are selfish and THAT motivates everything we do.

Lol selfish is only self love. So my post makes more sense. But its the same idea.
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:10:44 PM
At 5/19/2015 1:09:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:

Lol selfish is only self love. So my post makes more sense. But its the same idea.

The difference between yours and mine is that I believe that we are exclusively out to help ourselves, and you are saying that we do everything out of love of something.
Furyan5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:17:12 PM
At 5/19/2015 1:10:44 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 5/19/2015 1:09:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:

The difference between yours and mine is that I believe that we are exclusively out to help ourselves, and you are saying that we do everything out of love of something.

Its the same thing. My view is subjective from the persons point of view. Yours is objective. You observing other peoples actions.
So I could say I did it for love and you could say I was just being selfish. We saying the same thing.
mindbender
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:06:26 AM
At 5/19/2015 12:48:21 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
Every action we do from the moment of birth till the day we die can be traced back to love. Even the will to survive is owed to loving life. People kill for love. Die for love. But none can resist its calling. Whether you love a person, a thing (like money) , a concept (like power) , God, your country or just knowledge, it gives us purpose. A reason to get up each day. A reason to smile. A reason to live and in the end, a reason to die. One would think such a powerful force would receive more than just a mention in the science field. But then again, psychologists also need to earn a living. : :

Here is a passage of God's love;

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Everything man experiences comes from the thoughts of God and that is the love of God. We will be experiencing His love for eternity.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 4:43:23 AM
At 5/21/2015 3:06:26 AM, mindbender wrote:
At 5/19/2015 12:48:21 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
Every action we do from the moment of birth till the day we die can be traced back to love. Even the will to survive is owed to loving life. People kill for love. Die for love. But none can resist its calling. Whether you love a person, a thing (like money) , a concept (like power) , God, your country or just knowledge, it gives us purpose. A reason to get up each day. A reason to smile. A reason to live and in the end, a reason to die. One would think such a powerful force would receive more than just a mention in the science field. But then again, psychologists also need to earn a living. : :

Here is a passage of God's love;

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Everything man experiences comes from the thoughts of God and that is the love of God. We will be experiencing His love for eternity.

Love conquers all.

"Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

The Love for a woman causes a man to bend to his knees, the Love of our children cause us to spend every waking moment providing for them, and the greatest Love for our friends causes us to lay down our lives for them.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13