Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

dealing with immoral thoughts in 3 easy steps

Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Immoral thoughts! We all have them in varying degrees. They vary from jealousy and envy, to racism and lust. Where do they come from? Perhaps this will help. I will ask anyone reading the blog to wait till I'm finished before posting any responses. I also apologise in advance for any spelling errors. Please don't judge the content by the hand that types it.
STEP 1: Finding the culprit
Human beings have two moral consciences (the sense of what's right and wrong). 1 is located in the concious mind (the sense of self). I refer to this as our social conscience and it is the morally acceptable behavious in our society. A social conscience can vary, depending on ones race, religion, country of origin, and also depending on wealth or class. Most of us know this conscience.
The second conscience is the hidden conscience. It is located in the subconcious mind and we develope it in our developemental years, while still children. We take our cues from watching adults, who at that age, we believe know what's right. Unfortunately we don't learn from words, but from actions. I am going to use an extreme example and i apologise if it offends anyone. If a man beats his wife in front of his child, that child puts wife beating in the morally right category.
When that child grows up, his subconcious conscience will allow him to beat his wife in a moment of uncontrolled anger. Once he gains control again, his concious conscience tells him what he did was wrong. Guilt and regret set in because he truly doesn't know why he did it. He loves his wife and is truly sorry when he tells her so. He genuinely promises never to do it again. Some learn to control it by walking away when they feel anger building and many wives do the wrong thing at that moment. They block his path. They don't understand he is walking away because he truly loves her. But he is ashamed to tell her that he can't control his anger. Its a self-perpetuating cycle of abuse and regret and gets even more complicated when the wife comes from a similar background. Although this example is specific, it could apply to any other moral conflict. Note: the adult does not have to be a family member or loved one. It could even be a adult in a movie. So to answer a much asked question, yes! Violent movies do make children more prone to violent acts. Now we have discovered the culprit, how do we handle the situation?
STEP 2: FORGIVE YOURSELF
All perpetrators of such crimes feel remorse, but also guilt. They consider themselves bad people. Even if a person doesn't commit a crime, they feel the same way just for thinking it. Your worst is your worst. A rapist doesn't feel more remorse than someone who only thinks about it. The only difference is the level of self control. This is a seperate issue which I will deal with in another Forum. The level of crime or thought is also determined by the level observed as a child. So a child who's mother steals food will grow up believing its morally ok to steal food, but not money. And they won't kill. But a child who sees an adult kill for fun, will have no problem killing someone. that's why hunters children have no problem being hunters. But back to the issue at hand.
Guilt drives people to extreme measures. Suicide and self-mutilation, turning to drugs or alcohol to help them forget, as well as depression and anxiety attacks. We need to realise that we are not bad people. Merely victims of circumstances. We need to learn to forgive ourselves because we learnt that behaviour from someone else. But don't blame them either. For they are also victims in the same ship. Understand that they are not bad people, just victims like you.
STEP 3: HANDLING YOUR DEMONS
Your subconcious conscience can't be changed. Those thoughts and desires will always be with you. They will pop up now and then because they are a fundimental part of you. But now you know why. You can avoid getting into situations where you could fall into temptation. Explain the problem to your wife, so when you walk away, she knows its because you love her. Try to understand that everyone has their demons, but nobody is truly evil. We are just the sum of our experiences.

I hope this helps and if anyone needs clarification don't be afraid to comment. Use a pseudonym if you feeling ashamed to ask or just send me a private message. I do not judge. If this has been helpful please make a small donation to your local shelter for abused women and children, or even better, make them food for one day. Not Xmas day. Everyone takes food on Xmas day but they need food for the other 364 days too.

TRUTH (IS) = FORGIVENESS
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 12:05:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

I do not judge.

You don't?

http://www.debate.org...
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 12:53:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/26/2015 12:05:42 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

I do not judge.

You don't?

http://www.debate.org...

You see stupidity as a insult?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 1:05:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/26/2015 12:53:07 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 5/26/2015 12:05:42 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

I do not judge.

You don't?

http://www.debate.org...

You see stupidity as a insult?

This is really interesting. Could you expand on this? Were you called stupid at home or did bad grades lead you to believe being stupid is a bad thing?
We can discuss this in private if it still bothers you.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 3:25:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It has recently been brought to my attention that people assume a conscience comes from God. That is incorrect. A conscience is just the way humans categorise their experiences. ie if I like chocolates then I like getting chocolates. Giving or getting chocolates becomes good. I don't like crying. Therefore anything that makes me cry is bad. People cry at funerals. Dying must be bad. that's how a childs mind works. These become our subconsious conscience. Our moral compass so to speak.

Please attach this explanation if you forward this forum to anyone. It'll make a bit more sense.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 6:56:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/26/2015 1:05:30 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 5/26/2015 12:53:07 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 5/26/2015 12:05:42 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

I do not judge.

You don't?

http://www.debate.org...

You see stupidity as a insult?

This is really interesting.

Not really, sad maybe, but interesting, no.

Could you expand on this?

You say you don't judge, but as is apparent by your previous post, you do judge, pay attention.

Were you called stupid at home or did bad grades lead you to believe being stupid is a bad thing?

Apparently, you have a reading comprehension problem, what you typed is a non-sequitur. I simply pointed out your hypocrisy in saying you don't judge when you are so judgmental. I'm no atheist so I don't think you said I was stupid, and I didn't say that your being stupid is a bad thing, Try to pay attention, I just think you are a hypocrite, try to follow along, maybe you should read slowly and carefully to aid in comprehension.

We can discuss this in private if it still bothers you.

It doesn't bother me one bit, and I certainly don't see how discussing in private will help you comprehend any better. Is it just that you don't want others to see how clueless you are? If that's the problem, I'd suggest you try to just stop making such inane posts.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 2:03:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 6:56:38 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/26/2015 1:05:30 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 5/26/2015 12:53:07 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 5/26/2015 12:05:42 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/26/2015 11:44:00 AM, Furyan5 wrote:

I do not judge.

You don't?

http://www.debate.org...

You see stupidity as a insult?

This is really interesting.

Not really, sad maybe, but interesting, no.

Could you expand on this?

You say you don't judge, but as is apparent by your previous post, you do judge, pay attention.

Were you called stupid at home or did bad grades lead you to believe being stupid is a bad thing?

Apparently, you have a reading comprehension problem, what you typed is a non-sequitur. I simply pointed out your hypocrisy in saying you don't judge when you are so judgmental. I'm no atheist so I don't think you said I was stupid, and I didn't say that your being stupid is a bad thing, Try to pay attention, I just think you are a hypocrite, try to follow along, maybe you should read slowly and carefully to aid in comprehension.

We can discuss this in private if it still bothers you.

It doesn't bother me one bit, and I certainly don't see how discussing in private will help you comprehend any better. Is it just that you don't want others to see how clueless you are? If that's the problem, I'd suggest you try to just stop making such inane posts.

I'm afraid I'm not the one with the problem. I judged nobody. I was merely pointing out the different choices intelligent people and stupid people make. You obviously have issues. If you read the same debate again, but put "intelligent" in the place of "stupid", do you still see an insult?
Furyan5
Posts: 1,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 2:13:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So either you do judge people by there level of intellect or you have a comprehension problem. I suspect it's the latter, as I just explained how human morality evolves. An explanation why violence seems to be growing exponentially worldwide. And of my entire argument the only bit that got your attention was "STUPID"? I really don't know what to say to you.

TRUTH (IS) = CONFUSED