Would absolute intelligence want immortality

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 9:44:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
...or would it not want to escape it?

I'll explain what i mean, but just remember not to wordplay (go with the flow and take the words in the context of the idea). I'll be describing this mainly in analogies. It's a thought that has been interesting to me, so i'd like to get some comments and critiques to see where this can go.

I look at this in a video game/movie type of analogy. The movie one is easier to explain so i'll start with this. Let's say you watch a 2 hour movie, and you have an average of 75 years to live. Now let's say, you love this movie and are lost in it for 2 hours. Considering you have an average of 75 years to live and the movie is 2 hours; you may get lost in this movie for a total of 10 hours of your life if you watch it 10 more times. So for 10 hrs of your entire life you were in another "realm." Now let's say, this is the only movie you are allowed to watch. Furthermore, let's say this is the only means of entertainment allowed your whole life. Would this not be hell? The repetition and being stuck in one place? Even though you loved this movie, being stuck with it would slowly turn to...well, a really frightening state.

Now, if we look at immortality. Let's say this immortal source is you; everyone is their own immortal (source). Wouldn't it be a more tortures hell if you were immortal and stuck in one place? Let's say you get your virgins, family, love, happiness, so on so on in your source state, but this is for infinity. It would be like watching the same movie over and over again, but with no escape. I know i'm generalizing in my opinion so far. Who knows, someone might like being in their source state stuck in one place they get all of their desires met ... but, this is where intelligence comes into play; would they really? After how many billions of years would you be able to hold your sanity? let's again say you have 75 years to live; then you go back to your source. Wouldn't this be similar to the movie analogy? You "pick" (i am making a leap in logic) a world to stay in for "x" amount of years. You change the movie once you have passed on to your source again.

Bottom line, why would you want to stay as your source? One, i think you will understand it is 'hell' to stay that way right when you get to it, and two, even if you stuck it out for a "x" amount of years; you'd eventually want change. Wouldn't it be logical to think an immortal intelligence would create "worlds" entirely so it doesn't go insane? Wouldn't the irony be that we are actually afraid of immortality, not death? Can i not conclude death would be a logical creation of an immortal source?

My ideas, even though i use religious words, have no affiliation with a religion. This is just a thought i have been having and working on for awhile. I will stop here for now so i can read some opinions. Please keep an open mind when you critique this, i want to learn from your responses. Thank you.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 11:10:32 AM
At 6/2/2015 9:44:28 PM, Outplayz wrote:

I'll explain what i mean, but just remember not to wordplay (go with the flow and take the words in the context of the idea). I'll be describing this mainly in analogies. It's a thought that has been interesting to me, so i'd like to get some comments and critiques to see where this can go.

I look at this in a video game/movie type of analogy. The movie one is easier to explain so i'll start with this. Let's say you watch a 2 hour movie, and you have an average of 75 years to live. Now let's say, you love this movie and are lost in it for 2 hours. Considering you have an average of 75 years to live and the movie is 2 hours; you may get lost in this movie for a total of 10 hours of your life if you watch it 10 more times. So for 10 hrs of your entire life you were in another "realm." Now let's say, this is the only movie you are allowed to watch. Furthermore, let's say this is the only means of entertainment allowed your whole life. Would this not be hell? The repetition and being stuck in one place? Even though you loved this movie, being stuck with it would slowly turn to...well, a really frightening state.

Now, if we look at immortality. Let's say this immortal source is you; everyone is their own immortal (source). Wouldn't it be a more tortures hell if you were immortal and stuck in one place? Let's say you get your virgins, family, love, happiness, so on so on in your source state, but this is for infinity. It would be like watching the same movie over and over again, but with no escape. I know i'm generalizing in my opinion so far. Who knows, someone might like being in their source state stuck in one place they get all of their desires met ... but, this is where intelligence comes into play; would they really? After how many billions of years would you be able to hold your sanity? let's again say you have 75 years to live; then you go back to your source. Wouldn't this be similar to the movie analogy? You "pick" (i am making a leap in logic) a world to stay in for "x" amount of years. You change the movie once you have passed on to your source again.

Bottom line, why would you want to stay as your source? One, i think you will understand it is 'hell' to stay that way right when you get to it, and two, even if you stuck it out for a "x" amount of years; you'd eventually want change. Wouldn't it be logical to think an immortal intelligence would create "worlds" entirely so it doesn't go insane? Wouldn't the irony be that we are actually afraid of immortality, not death? Can i not conclude death would be a logical creation of an immortal source?

My ideas, even though i use religious words, have no affiliation with a religion. This is just a thought i have been having and working on for awhile. I will stop here for now so i can read some opinions. Please keep an open mind when you critique this, i want to learn from your responses. Thank you.

I think you have to look at why you desire new experiences. If you look at traditional Christianity, God is self-fulfilled as He is a perfect being. We are however created with a purpose and that purpose is to know and love God. Thus there is no pursuit that we can do outside of that that which would be eternally fulfilling.

This is a major argument against Jehovah Witnesses. Since the 144,000 are already filled, everyone else doesn't get to be with God in heaven, and thus according to their theology you'd have an eternity of earthly toil with no chance of fulfilling God's purpose for you.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 2:58:19 PM
": I think you have to look at why you desire new experiences. If you look at traditional Christianity, God is self-fulfilled as He is a perfect being. We are however created with a purpose and that purpose is to know and love God. Thus there is no pursuit that we can do outside of that that which would be eternally fulfilling.

This is a major argument against Jehovah Witnesses. Since the 144,000 are already filled, everyone else doesn't get to be with God in heaven, and thus according to their theology you'd have an eternity of earthly toil with no chance of fulfilling God's purpose for you."

This doesn't make sense if you look at it in the bigger picture. Eternally fulfilling? That is a really long time. Plus, that is indicating that we are forever trapped in obsessing over one matter. The same problem arises in this view of 'heaven' you are trapped in one dimension. Even if you can change your scenario, people, desires met, etc you are stuck as one identity forever...that will become insanity eventually. My whole idea is that a "god" an infinite intelligence would escape this ... it would make sense to want to escape this. Thus, the gods have created death as their major escape. "He is a perfect being." You would have to be a zombie god with no emotions, no thoughts, no desires, no nothing to be able to withstand infinity without eventual madness.
Mike_10-4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:21:19 PM
At 6/2/2015 9:44:28 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Immortality implies technology had conquered death and to live forever young.

For the moment, let's stay within your "2 hours" movie box example.

At said level of technology, we would have the ability to selectively erase memory. I too have my favorite movie and would love to erase my favorite movie memory to enjoy it for the first time for eternity.

Relative to life's Unalienable Rights, it is all about the "pursuit of Happiness."
https://www.youtube.com...
And in saying that, that is what evolution is all about. Therefore, someday while being immortal, I could forever, enjoy that same movie infinite number of times for the repeated experience of seeing it for the first time.

Stepping outside your box. This applies to all life experiences. When you get tired of living forever, press the reboot memory button and enjoy life all over again.

In other words, it is memory that will eventually drive you insane, not your perception of your existence. So stay alive forever, reboot your memory when you had enough, and experience a new. With one exception however, I don"t want to lose the quality of my golf game, for that is an everlasting challenge that will never die.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:58:29 PM

At said level of technology, we would have the ability to selectively erase memory. I too have my favorite movie and would love to erase my favorite movie memory to enjoy it for the first time for eternity.

Relative to life's Unalienable Rights, it is all about the "pursuit of Happiness."
And in saying that, that is what evolution is all about. Therefore, someday while being immortal, I could forever, enjoy that same movie infinite number of times for the repeated experience of seeing it for the first time.

Stepping outside your box. This applies to all life experiences. When you get tired of living forever, press the reboot memory button and enjoy life all over again.

In other words, it is memory that will eventually drive you insane, not your perception of your existence. So stay alive forever, reboot your memory when you had enough, and experience a new. With one exception however, I don"t want to lose the quality of my golf game, for that is an everlasting challenge that will never die.

Haha thank you for the humor. I recently started playing golf more often with a family member. I must say, once you get the trade down, it feels darn good being consistent lol.

To the idea. You are right. That is something that can be done. But, if you had the knowledge/intelligence/self-awareness as an immortal ("source")... would you do that? Some sources may, so this is an accurate observation. Some sources might want to reply their memories over and over. In my idea, i do not mean one outcome is right and vice versa. It boils down to the decision of the observer. However, i would assume that there are less sources that would do this. Why not change the movie? why not play something else when you already have done one thing before. Kind of like a musician. I play instruments and create music. When i first come up with a song, i love it. Then, after playing it for a month ... i get sick of it. Down the line, when i have forgotten about it ...i can play it again and enjoy it. Except, along the way ... i have created a bunch of other songs i enjoy. So, i am not saying you can't go backwards ... i'm saying not many would want to.

I believe the after life can be your own creation. You can be the observer, director, participant etc. Certain worlds you would have to live within your own mind. However, other worlds like this, are worlds you live in that are not a creation of your own mind. Just think about the implications of a source ... there are many choices you can make. Yet, a choice you make can be either the same as mine or completely different. Either or doesn't negate the other. Who knows? someone out there probably has a deep passion or desire to live in a world Santa exists. I don't...but, does that mean that other sources cannot live this world? I am looking at this in a solipsistic view kinda, however reversed. I think one ultimately creates their own afterlife.
Mike_10-4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 8:08:06 PM
At 6/9/2015 6:58:29 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Haha thank you for the humor. I recently started playing golf more often with a family member. I must say, once you get the trade down, it feels darn good being consistent lol.

To the idea. You are right. That is something that can be done. But, if you had the knowledge/intelligence/self-awareness as an immortal ("source")... would you do that? Some sources may, so this is an accurate observation. Some sources might want to reply their memories over and over. In my idea, i do not mean one outcome is right and vice versa. It boils down to the decision of the observer. However, i would assume that there are less sources that would do this. Why not change the movie? why not play something else when you already have done one thing before. Kind of like a musician. I play instruments and create music. When i first come up with a song, i love it. Then, after playing it for a month ... i get sick of it. Down the line, when i have forgotten about it ...i can play it again and enjoy it. Except, along the way ... i have created a bunch of other songs i enjoy. So, i am not saying you can't go backwards ... i'm saying not many would want to.

I believe the after life can be your own creation. You can be the observer, director, participant etc. Certain worlds you would have to live within your own mind. However, other worlds like this, are worlds you live in that are not a creation of your own mind. Just think about the implications of a source ... there are many choices you can make. Yet, a choice you make can be either the same as mine or completely different. Either or doesn't negate the other. Who knows? someone out there probably has a deep passion or desire to live in a world Santa exists. I don't...but, does that mean that other sources cannot live this world? I am looking at this in a solipsistic view kinda, however reversed. I think one ultimately creates their own afterlife.

You made reference to the "after life," which is an unknown or simply death (aka nonexistence.) Why lament over the uncertainty of an "after life," while we know nonexistence is a reality? For we been there (nonexistence) longer then we been here.

I see life as a vacation from nonexistence. Like all vacations, they are far too short. So please enjoy the rest of your "Life," having ample freedom ("Liberty"), in the moral "pursuit of Happiness" relative to your comfort zone. Hence, life's Unalienable Rights a part of the physical Laws of Nature.

I could only answer for my behavioral reality within your hypothetical immortal framework. And in saying that I choose life as we know it, and to live forever more (immortality), with the option to have that selective memory reboot button at my "Liberty;" excluding, my golf game, for I work too hard to where I am today.

Since you have the experience of "playing golf," give it time my Friend (aka according to your profile age), and life will come into focus. By that I mean, I come across so many gifted folks on the golf course, when I declare myself as a single to be paired up with others. It is not their game, it is the conversation that becomes the seed to philosophical diversity, adding spectrum to one"s life.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 5:05:50 PM
You made reference to the "after life," which is an unknown or simply death (aka nonexistence.) Why lament over the uncertainty of an "after life," while we know nonexistence is a reality? For we been there (nonexistence) longer then we been here.

I would say "lament" is a good word for why i do it in part. I've always been passionate about thinking about the subject. However, my passion has taken me away from any grief i my experience. It's bc i understand it now. Not to the point of having all the answers, more so just accepting the two truths. We may go to nonexistence or to something more. It really doesn't matter in the present bc our eyes are open now. I look at this world as my current paradise. So, in part i also wish to share my ideas bc i want more to realize this and work towards perfecting this reality. At least it is a hope.

I see life as a vacation from nonexistence. Like all vacations, they are far too short. So please enjoy the rest of your "Life," having ample freedom ("Liberty"), in the moral "pursuit of Happiness" relative to your comfort zone. Hence, life's Unalienable Rights a part of the physical Laws of Nature.

I see it as a vacation with many purposes as well. That's why i always advocate to live it to its fullest, and in regards to spirituality, to make sure at least your last thoughts before leaving are epic. To me it is highly likely if you do happen to open your eyes again, you will be left with what you decided to take from this world.

I could only answer for my behavioral reality within your hypothetical immortal framework. And in saying that I choose life as we know it, and to live forever more (immortality), with the option to have that selective memory reboot button at my "Liberty;" excluding, my golf game, for I work too hard to where I am today.

This is what i mean. You know better than i do what you want. You know the rules to follow to get there, and what memories to take. it is ultimately up to you what you choose to do. However, i do think once you look at everything through the eyes of your immortality ... things will look slightly different; or a lot or no difference lol. It is really up to who you are.

Since you have the experience of "playing golf," give it time my Friend (aka according to your profile age), and life will come into focus. By that I mean, I come across so many gifted folks on the golf course, when I declare myself as a single to be paired up with others. It is not their game, it is the conversation that becomes the seed to philosophical diversity, adding spectrum to one"s life.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree. I love that part about golf. I usually go with my uncle but we always get paired. It is interesting talking to people of so many different backgrounds. Don't get me wrong. I may be here talking about my belief or advocating it some other way, but it is actually small compared to my focus on reality. Actually, my belief really advocates focusing on this earth we are on now ... for it is an important part of our growing. And, quite frankly, we only know one thing for a fact; we are living now.