Anti Racism

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 5:26:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Now, I would like to know what your thoughts are on this question:

Does an action against a racist due to their racism make one a racist themselves?

Take as an example that a Racist gets beaten for not his skin color, ethnic background or anything like that but for his/her racist views, should the assailant be considered racist as for targeting a racist due to his/her believe? Or should they be considered as someone who is opposed to racism and as such more for ethnical and religious freedom.

As for a more practical example:
A Neonazi gets beaten up by a Jew, for being a Neonazi and as such a racist. Does this mean that the Jew is now a racist for beating up a Neonazi, who is a profound racist?
Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 5:31:52 PM
At 6/3/2015 5:26:09 AM, WAM wrote:

Does an action against a racist due to their racism make one a racist themselves?

Take as an example that a Racist gets beaten for not his skin color, ethnic background or anything like that but for his/her racist views, should the assailant be considered racist as for targeting a racist due to his/her believe? Or should they be considered as someone who is opposed to racism and as such more for ethnical and religious freedom.

A Neonazi gets beaten up by a Jew, for being a Neonazi and as such a racist. Does this mean that the Jew is now a racist for beating up a Neonazi, who is a profound racist?

"rac"ist
/G2;rāsəst/
noun
1. a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."
https://www.google.com...
So no, hating on a racist doesn't make you racist since you are not hating a particular race or ethnicity.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 6:03:14 PM
At 6/3/2015 5:33:25 PM, WAM wrote:
I know the definition of racist... I just could not find the correct word for racism based on political views

The word probably doesn't exist, just like a word for "racism based on people who make you angry" doesn't exist, because it isn't a narrow enough type of action to warrant a name.

Maybe "political extremism" or "terrorism" or "radical" might work.

Anyways the answer to you original question is no. Violence in racial grounds is different than political violence. Both are wrong but the psychology an soul dynamics are very different
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 6:10:53 PM
At 6/3/2015 6:03:14 PM, Raisor wrote:
I know the definition of racist... I just could not find the correct word for racism based on political views

The word probably doesn't exist, just like a word for "racism based on people who make you angry" doesn't exist, because it isn't a narrow enough type of action to warrant a name.

Anyways the answer to you original question is no. Violence in racial grounds is different than political violence. Both are wrong but the psychology an soul dynamics are very different

I think the word he was looking for was "bigot", but even then that wouldn't quite apply, as bigotry implies an unreasoning dislike, as opposed to one based specifically on something.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 6:16:57 PM
Well technically they are a bigot, but on the other hand they are not because they are clearly against bigots... And this is the philosophical question in this..
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 8:25:18 PM
At 6/3/2015 6:10:53 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I think the word he was looking for was "bigot", but even then that wouldn't quite apply, as bigotry implies an unreasoning dislike, as opposed to one based specifically on something.

Yeah bigot would probably be the best word.

But it does seem odd to say the statement "I find people who want to commit violence against people of other races to be totally intolerable" is an example of bigotry.
OracleofDelphi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 8:50:34 PM
racism |G2;rāG6;sizəm|
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
" prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior:

I point out in this definition as well in my own definition of racism, that if the Jew (in your example) believes that he is superior to the Neonazi because he is a Jew, then that would be racism. However, is he beats him up because the Neonazi is racist then, therefore he is not a racist. Racism is the belief of the superiority of your race, beating someone up not because you believe that you are superior to them, but for no reason at all, is not racism, it's barbarism.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 8:50:53 PM
At 6/3/2015 8:25:18 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 6/3/2015 6:10:53 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Yeah bigot would probably be the best word.

But it does seem odd to say the statement "I find people who want to commit violence against people of other races to be totally intolerable" is an example of bigotry.

It's bigotry against bigoted people.

Or something
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 11:26:49 AM
At 6/3/2015 5:26:09 AM, WAM wrote:

That would make you a racist against the racists who are racists against racists.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 1:49:38 PM
We already established that racism is against another Race... Or are we having the Drake YouTube debate as to "Drake is not black, he is Jewish!". I think Biased is the best word... But biased against biased against biased? The question would be if you are biased if you are against someone biased..
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 9:04:26 PM
Racism and making accusations of racism is just a cloak people use to hide the fact that they can't think for themselves. Looking at skin color and sexuality is what superficial stupid morons do. They are terrified by diversity of thinking because they don't know how to think. Higher education is a perfect example of that terror. Higher education is all about the stupid moronic superficial things like race and sexuality. But bring a different point of view on campus, a complete melt down ensues and the atypical accusations of racism and bigotry start flying. Higher education is terrified of diversity of thinking. They will stamp it out anyway they can because they can't think of anyway to engage it intellectually.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 4:40:46 AM
At 6/6/2015 9:04:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
Racism and making accusations of racism is just a cloak people use to hide the fact that they can't think for themselves. Looking at skin color and sexuality is what superficial stupid morons do. They are terrified by diversity of thinking because they don't know how to think. Higher education is a perfect example of that terror. Higher education is all about the stupid moronic superficial things like race and sexuality. But bring a different point of view on campus, a complete melt down ensues and the atypical accusations of racism and bigotry start flying. Higher education is terrified of diversity of thinking. They will stamp it out anyway they can because they can't think of anyway to engage it intellectually.

Do you have some examples of this happening?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 9:35:53 AM
At 6/7/2015 4:40:46 AM, Garbanza wrote:

Your kidding right?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 9:41:01 AM
Sorry. Just talking to see funny, aggressive friend and she kind of infected me.

What Is meant was no. I'm not kidding. I'm curious about how this happens and examples would help me understand it.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 9:50:27 AM
I didn't mean give me examples because I don't believe you. I meant, that's really interesting do you have examples so I can understand it better?
VietTurtle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:58:21 AM
At 6/7/2015 9:35:53 AM, sadolite wrote:

Your kidding right?

What Hes talking about but doesn't realize it . Is hes talking about peoples flawed logic and that they haven't evolved past it yet . Hes saying while one may be intelligent they aren't taught how to think/ logically which is some what true in some cases . Though not all intelligent people are racist so idk where hes going with that. But Intelligence and logic. while logic is connected to intelligence they are not necessarily the same . But some most intelligent people are not thinkers . In His case they are 2 separate points. Which he some how combined into One.

In short People arent taught logically hence why racist people are racist.
and Intelligent people are close minded and need to learn how to think instead of going through the motions reading and memorizing stuff
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 12:37:28 PM
At 6/7/2015 10:58:21 AM, VietTurtle wrote:
At 6/7/2015 9:35:53 AM, sadolite wrote:

Your kidding right?

What Hes talking about but doesn't realize it . Is hes talking about peoples flawed logic and that they haven't evolved past it yet . Hes saying while one may be intelligent they aren't taught how to think/ logically which is some what true in some cases . Though not all intelligent people are racist so idk where hes going with that. But Intelligence and logic. while logic is connected to intelligence they are not necessarily the same . But some most intelligent people are not thinkers . In His case they are 2 separate points. Which he some how combined into One.

In short People arent taught logically hence why racist people are racist.
and Intelligent people are close minded and need to learn how to think instead of going through the motions reading and memorizing stuff

Spot on analysis.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 12:44:02 PM
At 6/7/2015 9:38:50 AM, Garbanza wrote:
No, I'm not kidding. GIVE ME EXAMPLES, OLD MAN.

Insulting me means you loose the argument