Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

What we have glreaned from Aliens......

Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 12:31:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I originally posted this as a part of my Time Travel thread (please see if not familiar!) but I thought it was so compelling I wish to share it here, on the Philsophy.

Since, if we HAVE been visited my Extra-terrestials, that could arguably said to be the single largest discovery in Man's history. And one that would sinvite seemingly endless philosophical and theological questions.

Here is a list of just some of the technology we have gleaned from our reverse-engineering of Alien Technology, Most of it from the Roswell Crash in 1947, which lead to a secret program called Project Lego.

I would love to hear some opinions on this.

We will begin with the opinions of two pretty credible people........

President Harry S. Truman, Press conference, Washington DC, April 4, 1950, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." "The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Dr. Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance."

Dr. Wernher von Braun
"(UFOs) are conceived and directed by intelligent beings. They probably do not originate in our solar system." Years later he was quoted as saying, "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone. We have been helped." When asked by whom, he replied,"The people of other worlds."

THE LIST OF OTHER TECHNOLOGY GLEANED FROM PROJECT LEGO....

Titanium, 1950
Sometimes called the "space age metal", Titanium was discovered in 1791, but it was not until the early 1950s titanium began to be used extensively for military aviation purposes, particularly in high-performance jets, starting with aircraft such as the F100 Super Sabres and Lockheed A-12.

In the USA, the Department of Defense realized the strategic importance of the metal and supported early efforts of commercialization. Throughout the period of the Cold War, titanium was considered a Strategic Material by the U.S. government, and a large stockpile of titanium sponge was maintained by the Defense National Stockpile Center.

Bullet proof vest 1951
Bullet proof vest have been around since WWII but they were not really understood or did much good until the early 1950s. During the Korean War several new vests were produced for the United States military, including the M-1951, which made use of fibre-reinforced plastic or aluminium segments woven into a nylon vest. These vests represented "a vast improvement on weight, but the armor failed to stop bullets and fragments very successfully," although officially they were claimed to be able to stop 7.62x25mm Tokarev pistol rounds at the muzzle. Developed by Natick Laboratories and introduced in 1967, T65-2 plate carriers were the first vests designed to hold hard ceramic plates, making them capable of stopping 7 mm rifle rounds. It is widely speculated that the aliens that were discovered at Roswell were wearing indestructible fabric. Philip Corso describes this in great detail!

Transistor, 1953
Pottering around the garden to the sounds of the Ashes; lying back in the bath with The Archers on; blocking out the office din with a chart hit; all simple pleasures made possible by the transistor radio. Until their introduction, radios were bulky affairs hooked up to the mains, but that changed in the early 1950s when the transistor manufacturer Texas Instruments commissioned the Indianapolis firm IDEA to develop the Regency TR1, which cost almost $500 in today's money when it went on sale in 1954. TI was certainly one of the companies that had government contracts and the transistor literally changed the world!

Remote control, 1955
1955"TV REMOTE CONTROL It marks the official end of humanity's struggle for survival and the beginning of its quest for a really relaxing afternoon. The wireless remote, designed by Zenith's Eugene Polley, is essentially a flashlight. When Zenith discovers that direct sunlight also can change channels on the remote-receptive TVs, the company comes out with a model that uses ultrasound; it lasts into the 1980s, to the chagrin of many a family dog. The industry then switches to infrared. Zenith is another company would not have been in business if it were not for government contracts and the short term startling breakthroughs they made!

Laser Technology, 1958
1958/LASER BEAM Whitens teeth, removes tattoos, corrects vision, scans groceries, tracks missiles. Man has been trying to find a way to contain a laser beam technology magically arrives on the scene in the 1950s. This technology was the one the military wanted the most, it was rightfully viewed to have many military applications.

Fiber Optics 1958
Fiber optic has been around for a hundred years but it was not until late 1958 that it was understood how it could be used for commercial and military purposes. Oddly enough the laser and fiber optics pretty much developed at the same time. Philip Corso told of finding fiber optics in the Roswell craft that was wrapped in material which allowed the light to actually turn corners. It was not until this knowledge became available that fiber optics became a usable product.

Microchip, 1958
It is impossible to sum up how much these tiny slivers of silicon and metal have transformed our lives. They feature in everything from toys to tanks and motorbikes to microwaves but when, in 1952, the engineer Geoffrey Dummer proposed using a block of silicon, whose layers would provide the components of electronic systems, nobody took him seriously and he never built a working prototype. Six years later, US engineer Jack Kilby took the baton and built the world's first monolithic integrated circuit, or microchip.

Integrated Circuit, 1959
The first general-purpose computer, the nearly 30-ton ENIAC (1947), contains 18,000 vacuum tubes, 70,000 resistors and 10,000 capacitors. In 1959, the INTEGRATED CIRCUIT puts those innards on one tiny chip. Before the entire world is networked, there is the ARPANET"four computers linked in 1969. Even with the biggest skeptics among us this technology seem to happen overnight and changed the world in ways that we are still just beginning to understand.

Night Vision Device 1963
First generation passive devices, introduced during the Vietnam War, were an adaptation of earlier active GEN 0 technology, and rely on ambient light instead of an infrared light source. Using an S-20 photocathode, their image intensifiers produce a light amplifier 1000X but also require moonlight to operate. The craft found in Roswell were said to have windows that allowed the occupants to see out at night without the aid of light! An eye lens from one of the aliens was also removed which gave the being the ability to see at night without the aid of artificial light.

This is not the entire post, to see the rest of the list and to read the full article go to Educating Humanity: Twelve Alien Technologies That Changed The World
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 4:06:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/3/2015 12:31:10 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

President Harry S. Truman, Press conference, Washington DC, April 4, 1950, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." "The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Dr. Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance."

Truman never gave a press conference on April 4, 1950.

Here is his only reference to UFO's from a conference July 10, 1947

Q. Mr. President, have you seen any flying saucers ?

THE PRESIDENT. Only in the newspapers. [Laughter]

Q. Any explanations of them from over here?

THE PRESIDENT. Only the explanations I have seen in the newspapers. Did you ever hear of the moon hoax ?


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Shall I go on debunking this nonsense?


Dr. Wernher von Braun
"(UFOs) are conceived and directed by intelligent beings. They probably do not originate in our solar system." Years later he was quoted as saying, "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone. We have been helped." When asked by whom, he replied,"The people of other worlds."

THE LIST OF OTHER TECHNOLOGY GLEANED FROM PROJECT LEGO....

Titanium, 1950
Sometimes called the "space age metal", Titanium was discovered in 1791, but it was not until the early 1950s titanium began to be used extensively for military aviation purposes, particularly in high-performance jets, starting with aircraft such as the F100 Super Sabres and Lockheed A-12.

In the USA, the Department of Defense realized the strategic importance of the metal and supported early efforts of commercialization. Throughout the period of the Cold War, titanium was considered a Strategic Material by the U.S. government, and a large stockpile of titanium sponge was maintained by the Defense National Stockpile Center.

Bullet proof vest 1951
Bullet proof vest have been around since WWII but they were not really understood or did much good until the early 1950s. During the Korean War several new vests were produced for the United States military, including the M-1951, which made use of fibre-reinforced plastic or aluminium segments woven into a nylon vest. These vests represented "a vast improvement on weight, but the armor failed to stop bullets and fragments very successfully," although officially they were claimed to be able to stop 7.62x25mm Tokarev pistol rounds at the muzzle. Developed by Natick Laboratories and introduced in 1967, T65-2 plate carriers were the first vests designed to hold hard ceramic plates, making them capable of stopping 7 mm rifle rounds. It is widely speculated that the aliens that were discovered at Roswell were wearing indestructible fabric. Philip Corso describes this in great detail!

Transistor, 1953
Pottering around the garden to the sounds of the Ashes; lying back in the bath with The Archers on; blocking out the office din with a chart hit; all simple pleasures made possible by the transistor radio. Until their introduction, radios were bulky affairs hooked up to the mains, but that changed in the early 1950s when the transistor manufacturer Texas Instruments commissioned the Indianapolis firm IDEA to develop the Regency TR1, which cost almost $500 in today's money when it went on sale in 1954. TI was certainly one of the companies that had government contracts and the transistor literally changed the world!

Remote control, 1955
1955"TV REMOTE CONTROL It marks the official end of humanity's struggle for survival and the beginning of its quest for a really relaxing afternoon. The wireless remote, designed by Zenith's Eugene Polley, is essentially a flashlight. When Zenith discovers that direct sunlight also can change channels on the remote-receptive TVs, the company comes out with a model that uses ultrasound; it lasts into the 1980s, to the chagrin of many a family dog. The industry then switches to infrared. Zenith is another company would not have been in business if it were not for government contracts and the short term startling breakthroughs they made!

Laser Technology, 1958
1958/LASER BEAM Whitens teeth, removes tattoos, corrects vision, scans groceries, tracks missiles. Man has been trying to find a way to contain a laser beam technology magically arrives on the scene in the 1950s. This technology was the one the military wanted the most, it was rightfully viewed to have many military applications.

Fiber Optics 1958
Fiber optic has been around for a hundred years but it was not until late 1958 that it was understood how it could be used for commercial and military purposes. Oddly enough the laser and fiber optics pretty much developed at the same time. Philip Corso told of finding fiber optics in the Roswell craft that was wrapped in material which allowed the light to actually turn corners. It was not until this knowledge became available that fiber optics became a usable product.

Microchip, 1958
It is impossible to sum up how much these tiny slivers of silicon and metal have transformed our lives. They feature in everything from toys to tanks and motorbikes to microwaves but when, in 1952, the engineer Geoffrey Dummer proposed using a block of silicon, whose layers would provide the components of electronic systems, nobody took him seriously and he never built a working prototype. Six years later, US engineer Jack Kilby took the baton and built the world's first monolithic integrated circuit, or microchip.

Integrated Circuit, 1959
The first general-purpose computer, the nearly 30-ton ENIAC (1947), contains 18,000 vacuum tubes, 70,000 resistors and 10,000 capacitors. In 1959, the INTEGRATED CIRCUIT puts those innards on one tiny chip. Before the entire world is networked, there is the ARPANET"four computers linked in 1969. Even with the biggest skeptics among us this technology seem to happen overnight and changed the world in ways that we are still just beginning to understand.

Night Vision Device 1963
First generation passive devices, introduced during the Vietnam War, were an adaptation of earlier active GEN 0 technology, and rely on ambient light instead of an infrared light source. Using an S-20 photocathode, their image intensifiers produce a light amplifier 1000X but also require moonlight to operate. The craft found in Roswell were said to have windows that allowed the occupants to see out at night without the aid of light! An eye lens from one of the aliens was also removed which gave the being the ability to see at night without the aid of artificial light.

This is not the entire post, to see the rest of the list and to read the full article go to Educating Humanity: Twelve Alien Technologies That Changed The World
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 4:12:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 4:06:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/3/2015 12:31:10 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

President Harry S. Truman, Press conference, Washington DC, April 4, 1950, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." "The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Dr. Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance."

Truman never gave a press conference on April 4, 1950.

Here is his only reference to UFO's from a conference July 10, 1947

Q. Mr. President, have you seen any flying saucers ?

THE PRESIDENT. Only in the newspapers. [Laughter]

Q. Any explanations of them from over here?

THE PRESIDENT. Only the explanations I have seen in the newspapers. Did you ever hear of the moon hoax ?


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Shall I go on debunking this nonsense?




Dr. Wernher von Braun
"(UFOs) are conceived and directed by intelligent beings. They probably do not originate in our solar system." Years later he was quoted as saying, "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone. We have been helped." When asked by whom, he replied,"The people of other worlds."

THE LIST OF OTHER TECHNOLOGY GLEANED FROM PROJECT LEGO....

Titanium, 1950
Sometimes called the "space age metal", Titanium was discovered in 1791, but it was not until the early 1950s titanium began to be used extensively for military aviation purposes, particularly in high-performance jets, starting with aircraft such as the F100 Super Sabres and Lockheed A-12.

In the USA, the Department of Defense realized the strategic importance of the metal and supported early efforts of commercialization. Throughout the period of the Cold War, titanium was considered a Strategic Material by the U.S. government, and a large stockpile of titanium sponge was maintained by the Defense National Stockpile Center.

Bullet proof vest 1951
Bullet proof vest have been around since WWII but they were not really understood or did much good until the early 1950s. During the Korean War several new vests were produced for the United States military, including the M-1951, which made use of fibre-reinforced plastic or aluminium segments woven into a nylon vest. These vests represented "a vast improvement on weight, but the armor failed to stop bullets and fragments very successfully," although officially they were claimed to be able to stop 7.62x25mm Tokarev pistol rounds at the muzzle. Developed by Natick Laboratories and introduced in 1967, T65-2 plate carriers were the first vests designed to hold hard ceramic plates, making them capable of stopping 7 mm rifle rounds. It is widely speculated that the aliens that were discovered at Roswell were wearing indestructible fabric. Philip Corso describes this in great detail!

Transistor, 1953
Pottering around the garden to the sounds of the Ashes; lying back in the bath with The Archers on; blocking out the office din with a chart hit; all simple pleasures made possible by the transistor radio. Until their introduction, radios were bulky affairs hooked up to the mains, but that changed in the early 1950s when the transistor manufacturer Texas Instruments commissioned the Indianapolis firm IDEA to develop the Regency TR1, which cost almost $500 in today's money when it went on sale in 1954. TI was certainly one of the companies that had government contracts and the transistor literally changed the world!

Remote control, 1955
1955"TV REMOTE CONTROL It marks the official end of humanity's struggle for survival and the beginning of its quest for a really relaxing afternoon. The wireless remote, designed by Zenith's Eugene Polley, is essentially a flashlight. When Zenith discovers that direct sunlight also can change channels on the remote-receptive TVs, the company comes out with a model that uses ultrasound; it lasts into the 1980s, to the chagrin of many a family dog. The industry then switches to infrared. Zenith is another company would not have been in business if it were not for government contracts and the short term startling breakthroughs they made!

Laser Technology, 1958
1958/LASER BEAM Whitens teeth, removes tattoos, corrects vision, scans groceries, tracks missiles. Man has been trying to find a way to contain a laser beam technology magically arrives on the scene in the 1950s. This technology was the one the military wanted the most, it was rightfully viewed to have many military applications.

Fiber Optics 1958
Fiber optic has been around for a hundred years but it was not until late 1958 that it was understood how it could be used for commercial and military purposes. Oddly enough the laser and fiber optics pretty much developed at the same time. Philip Corso told of finding fiber optics in the Roswell craft that was wrapped in material which allowed the light to actually turn corners. It was not until this knowledge became available that fiber optics became a usable product.

Microchip, 1958
It is impossible to sum up how much these tiny slivers of silicon and metal have transformed our lives. They feature in everything from toys to tanks and motorbikes to microwaves but when, in 1952, the engineer Geoffrey Dummer proposed using a block of silicon, whose layers would provide the components of electronic systems, nobody took him seriously and he never built a working prototype. Six years later, US engineer Jack Kilby took the baton and built the world's first monolithic integrated circuit, or microchip.

Integrated Circuit, 1959
The first general-purpose computer, the nearly 30-ton ENIAC (1947), contains 18,000 vacuum tubes, 70,000 resistors and 10,000 capacitors. In 1959, the INTEGRATED CIRCUIT puts those innards on one tiny chip. Before the entire world is networked, there is the ARPANET"four computers linked in 1969. Even with the biggest skeptics among us this technology seem to happen overnight and changed the world in ways that we are still just beginning to understand.

Night Vision Device 1963
First generation passive devices, introduced during the Vietnam War, were an adaptation of earlier active GEN 0 technology, and rely on ambient light instead of an infrared light source. Using an S-20 photocathode, their image intensifiers produce a light amplifier 1000X but also require moonlight to operate. The craft found in Roswell were said to have windows that allowed the occupants to see out at night without the aid of light! An eye lens from one of the aliens was also removed which gave the being the ability to see at night without the aid of artificial light.

This is not the entire post, to see the rest of the list and to read the full article go to Educating Humanity: Twelve Alien Technologies That Changed The World

Give it your best shot.

But thus far you have debunked nada. As you are wrong in your OP quotes. (where's your source?) LOL>

Here are some more quote for you, however........

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

(As you know...my hands are now tied in discussing any matters concerning the fictitious Project Swiss Watch. So you will be glad to know you can take shots at it all you like and I will be unable to retort. I would say that would be sort of a cheap shot on your behalf, but I do not think you are a stranger to that sort of rhetoric tactic.)

Drew.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 4:24:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 4:12:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/6/2015 4:06:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/3/2015 12:31:10 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

President Harry S. Truman, Press conference, Washington DC, April 4, 1950, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." "The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Dr. Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance."

Truman never gave a press conference on April 4, 1950.

Here is his only reference to UFO's from a conference July 10, 1947

Q. Mr. President, have you seen any flying saucers ?

THE PRESIDENT. Only in the newspapers. [Laughter]

Q. Any explanations of them from over here?

THE PRESIDENT. Only the explanations I have seen in the newspapers. Did you ever hear of the moon hoax ?


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Shall I go on debunking this nonsense?


Give it your best shot.

I already debunked the first one.

But thus far you have debunked nada. As you are wrong in your OP quotes. (where's your source?) LOL>

My source is there if you look, you can search through it and not find a press release for the date you provided.

Where is your source, you provided nothing. Debunked.

Here are some more quote for you, however........

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...


(As you know...my hands are now tied in discussing any matters concerning the fictitious Project Swiss Watch. So you will be glad to know you can take shots at it all you like and I will be unable to retort. I would say that would be sort of a cheap shot on your behalf, but I do not think you are a stra

You're just blatantly lying.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 4:30:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wow...this is so easy.

http://www.spacequotations.com...

I am going to miss jobbing ya on the Swiss Watch Thread. But it is not worth me going to jail for. It is equally difficult for me to sit and let you believe I am fabricating on my visit from the MIB &PS (men in black & a polo shirt LOL) but, alas, there, too, I have no option.

Damn.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 6:34:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 4:30:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Wow...this is so easy.

http://www.spacequotations.com...

I am going to miss jobbing ya on the Swiss Watch Thread. But it is not worth me going to jail for. It is equally difficult for me to sit and let you believe I am fabricating on my visit from the MIB &PS (men in black & a polo shirt LOL) but, alas, there, too, I have no option.

Damn.

You need to seek professional help, dude.l You've lost it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:02:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm sorry, but the hat just doesn't work.

http://www.theatlantic.com...
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater