Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Most illogical straw man argument wins

Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:05:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Well, the straw man is a reply.
You can't start with it.

How's that?
BblackkBbirdd
Posts: 919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:28:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 10:05:35 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Well, the straw man is a reply.
You can't start with it.

How's that?

http://fc01.deviantart.net...
Chaosism
Posts: 2,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:39:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
P1. Straw exists.
P2. Man exists.
C1. Straw and Man have a common ancestor.
P3. Via Evolutionary Theory, a transitional form must exist.
C2. Therefore, Strawmen exist.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:46:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 10:28:02 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
At 6/10/2015 10:05:35 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Well, the straw man is a reply.
You can't start with it.

How's that?

http://fc01.deviantart.net...

http://orig11.deviantart.net...
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:33:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You ask us to come here and post a Straw Man argument.

But yet, you know they are false.

So..you are asking us to post falsities.

Thus..you are telling us to lie here and denigrate this fine Forum, which seeks the Truth!

This could easily destroy this Forum!

You want to destroy it! So free speech will be censored!

All tyrants and Fascists want Free Speech Eliminated among their Peoples!

Like Hitler and Stalin!

You are acting like Hitler!


LOL...how's that?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Fly
Posts: 2,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:01:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Don't tell us what to do. Your thread violates our Constitutional rights which makes you, sir, a Communist.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:19:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

You must not like straw men, and they are on farms, so you must not like farms, which have farmers, so you must hate farmers too, not to mention that farmers live in the country, so you must hate anything that has to do with the country, so you must dislike country music, and Taylor Swift sings country music, so you must hate her as well.
BblackkBbirdd
Posts: 919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 2:38:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/11/2015 11:19:05 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

You must not like straw men, and they are on farms, so you must not like farms, which have farmers, so you must hate farmers too, not to mention that farmers live in the country, so you must hate anything that has to do with the country, so you must dislike country music, and Taylor Swift sings country music, so you must hate her as well.

you got me :)
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:15:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 12:33:35 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
You ask us to come here and post a Straw Man argument.

But yet, you know they are false.

So..you are asking us to post falsities.

Thus..you are telling us to lie here and denigrate this fine Forum, which seeks the Truth!

This could easily destroy this Forum!

You want to destroy it! So free speech will be censored!

All tyrants and Fascists want Free Speech Eliminated among their Peoples!

Like Hitler and Stalin!

You are acting like Hitler!


I hate Hitler, therefore I hate BblackkBbirdd.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:26:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Stop!

An argument about anything is a defeatist epistemology.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 11:02:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 10:15:07 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:33:35 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
You ask us to come here and post a Straw Man argument.

But yet, you know they are false.

So..you are asking us to post falsities.

Thus..you are telling us to lie here and denigrate this fine Forum, which seeks the Truth!

This could easily destroy this Forum!

You want to destroy it! So free speech will be censored!

All tyrants and Fascists want Free Speech Eliminated among their Peoples!

Like Hitler and Stalin!

You are acting like Hitler!


I hate Hitler, therefore I hate BblackkBbirdd.

Wrong, Stalin didn't even kill that many people.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:16:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 10:26:20 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Stop!

An argument about anything is a defeatist epistemology.

Self-contradiction fallacy. Epistemic nihilism entails that the above is defeatist epistemology as well.
#FallacyPolice
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:17:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 10:39:31 AM, Chaosism wrote:
P1. Straw exists.
P2. Man exists.
C1. Straw and Man have a common ancestor.
P3. Via Evolutionary Theory, a transitional form must exist.
C2. Therefore, Strawmen exist.

P3 is not entailed. Begs the question.

#FallacyPolice
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 2:22:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just an FYI, these are mostly just Slippery Slopes and Equivocation fallacies, not Strawmen.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:40:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 12:16:40 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/13/2015 10:26:20 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

Stop!

An argument about anything is a defeatist epistemology.

Self-contradiction fallacy. Epistemic nihilism entails that the above is defeatist epistemology as well.
#FallacyPolice

A double standard straw man then ... bonus points.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:06:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 12:17:17 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/10/2015 10:39:31 AM, Chaosism wrote:
P1. Straw exists.
P2. Man exists.
C1. Straw and Man have a common ancestor.
P3. Via Evolutionary Theory, a transitional form must exist.
C2. Therefore, Strawmen exist.

P3 is not entailed. Begs the question.

#FallacyPolice

What question? No one asked a question! Stop using logic! ~points at thread title~
ironslippers
Posts: 513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 12:03:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2015 9:55:47 AM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
Can be an argument about anything.


Go!

No Thanks, I had a Red Herring for lunch.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:27:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Come on, man: when do I get my prize for winning this contest. I provided the 1st and the best example of a Straw Man. You need to close this thread and gimme gimme my prize!
LOL.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:08:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 2:22:21 AM, Surrealism wrote:
Just an FYI, these are mostly just Slippery Slopes and Equivocation fallacies, not Strawmen.

Oooh, Surrealism just dropped a bomb in heeere. But wait...!

Surrealism originated in Spain.

Spain is in Europe.

Italy is also in Europe.

So what you're saying is...we should bomb the Italians?

Sorry, I can't get behind that. You're obviously wrong and corrupt and you probably smell.

Anyone who agrees with your statement also smells and believes that baby elephants should be locked in cages, just like you clearly suggested a moment ago.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord