Jump to topic:

Rant

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 5:40:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't understand the universe,and it frustrates me that I'm not clever or smart enough to figure it out.

It seems that a mystery should be exciting, but it only serves to make me frustrated,and I don't really understand why.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:24:56 PM
At 6/23/2015 5:40:32 PM, janesix wrote:
I don't understand the universe,and it frustrates me that I'm not clever or smart enough to figure it out.

It seems that a mystery should be exciting, but it only serves to make me frustrated,and I don't really understand why.

Read some Cosmology books! Or Astronomy.

here's a nice little list..............http://www.amazon.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:13:37 PM

If you can channel that frustration into the motivation to figure out as much as you can, you might discover something no one has known before and bring us all a step closer to understanding the universe.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:21:03 PM
At 6/23/2015 7:13:37 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

If you can channel that frustration into the motivation to figure out as much as you can, you might discover something no one has known before and bring us all a step closer to understanding the universe.

That would be ideal, but I don't think I have the brain power or creativity unfortunately. That will not stop me from trying though.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:22:38 PM
My antipsychotics are destroying my brain. It's a proven fact. That's why my IQ is only 107.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:24:43 PM
At 6/23/2015 7:21:03 PM, janesix wrote:

That would be ideal, but I don't think I have the brain power or creativity unfortunately. That will not stop me from trying though.

Rarely does someone come ready with the brain power and creativity necessary for making scientific discoveries. If you ask most scientists, we would tell you that we were driven to push ourselves to develop that brain power and creativity, even if it seemed impossible at times. Most likely, you have that potential as well, as do most people, in my estimation. As with most things, almost all scientists are made, not born.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:27:26 PM
At 6/23/2015 7:24:43 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 6/23/2015 7:21:03 PM, janesix wrote:

Rarely does someone come ready with the brain power and creativity necessary for making scientific discoveries. If you ask most scientists, we would tell you that we were driven to push ourselves to develop that brain power and creativity, even if it seemed impossible at times. Most likely, you have that potential as well, as do most people, in my estimation. As with most things, almost all scientists are made, not born.

Thank you for your encouragement.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:31:18 PM

Sidewalkerism is the fastest growing religion in the world, if you join, and tithe, I will explain the universe to you.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 7:34:55 PM
At 6/23/2015 7:31:18 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Sidewalkerism is the fastest growing religion in the world, if you join, and tithe, I will explain the universe to you.

That would take away the pleasure of figuring it out for my self. That is, if I ever figure any of it out.