Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Is it possible to commit multiple fallacies?

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:52:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think it is. Example: "No true Christian would support same sex marriage". is a false dichotomy wrapped in a no true Scotsman. The no true Scotsman fallacy is a false appeal to purity or alleged pirity. Another name for this fallacy is the appeal to purity fallacy. A false dichotomy is this: Point A and Point B are the only two options.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 11:54:26 PM
I think everybody is allotted one fallacy per day. Anything beyond that is forbidden.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:17:30 AM
At 6/23/2015 11:54:26 PM, philochristos wrote:
I think everybody is allotted one fallacy per day. Anything beyond that is forbidden.

You sound fair. :)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 10:36:01 AM
At 6/23/2015 8:52:31 PM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:
I think it is. Example: "No true Christian would support same sex marriage". is a false dichotomy wrapped in a no true Scotsman. The no true Scotsman fallacy is a false appeal to purity or alleged pirity. Another name for this fallacy is the appeal to purity fallacy. A false dichotomy is this: Point A and Point B are the only two options.

Multiple fallacies = Christians explaining Christianity
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 4:24:42 PM
At 6/24/2015 10:36:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I disagree. Just because you disagree with Christians, does not mean that they are wrong. You have no proof that they are wrong.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 8:27:25 PM
At 6/24/2015 4:24:42 PM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:

I disagree. Just because you disagree with Christians, does not mean that they are wrong. You have no proof that they are wrong.

Right or wrong, Christians constantly invoke fallacies when they try to explain Christianity.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
VietTurtle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 9:06:31 PM

You can disprove lots of things... People lack understanding... = Flawed Logic.... People with logic.. can not dissuade the illogical .. What i just typed is actually One of the main concepts of my work ..
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:29:13 PM
At 6/24/2015 8:27:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Right or wrong, Christians constantly invoke fallacies when they try to explain Christianity.

It is not a fallacy to disagree.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:31:11 PM
At 6/24/2015 9:06:31 PM, VietTurtle wrote:

You can disprove lots of things... People lack understanding... = Flawed Logic.... People with logic.. can not dissuade the illogical .. What i just typed is actually One of the main concepts of my work ..

What kinbd of work do you do?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 10:38:22 AM
At 6/25/2015 5:29:13 PM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:

Do you know what a fallacy is?

http://www.nizkor.org...
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 10:56:15 PM
At 6/26/2015 10:38:22 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/25/2015 5:29:13 PM, YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod wrote:

Do you know what a fallacy is?

http://www.nizkor.org...

Yes, do you?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:42:19 PM

No.

"Multiple Fallacies" = christians attempting to claim their bible possesses even a modicum of Science. Or it equals "christians attemptig to engage in scientific discourse."

And...One need look no further than said Bible if they want to see a truly inspiring collection of Multiple Fallacies.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:52:33 PM
As far as I know, there is no quota. Fallacies are often interconnected. Suddenly insulting someone while questioning irrelevant qualification and calling them delusional and deceitful is ad hominem, redherring, question begging, and appeal to motive among others.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 8:06:56 PM
Ya, become a congressman or representative of the US govt. Your entire job is nothing but a fallacy of promising unsustainable BS 24 /7.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%