Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Is self-deception the sport we are best at?

L.Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:19:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(PLEASE READ THE POST BEFORE, ITS LONG BUT VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!)

I find it horrible how much people can say sentences with so many fallacies without noticing any of them. I think getting rid of this phenomenon could solve countless problems for each of us, especially in politics since that's where understanding people's way of thinking is easily the most important thing.

AN EXAMPLE:

(this is a part of a post written by someone who asked for help. He asked what are the fallacies he used..)

"I feel that I do not have motivation to do anything. Yes there are things that I feel that I want a little.."

AND HERE IS A GOOD ANSWER:

"I" - only you? maybe others are also like that? Is there a renovation is saying that you're like that?
"Feel" - How much feel? Feeling it at a level of 100% certainty? Do you have doubt/s over this feeling?
"I do not have" - Again, only you? Also, even if we assume its only you, do you mean you dont have that completely, or maybe there's an aspect where you do feel you do have that? Don't have and there's no option you do have?
"Motivation" - What is the definition of motivation? Is someone who is not willing to burn himself for money that means he doesn't have motivation? Motivation means willing to do? Meaning that you also want?

"for anything" - Completely anything? Not even to eat breakfest? Eat durning the day? Sleeping? You're completely unmotivated to do anything? In the same extent? Doesn't matter what it is?

"Yes" - Why did you write that? Why this addition is needed? What are contradicting? And if you are, are you sure what you said after this contradicts what you said before this?

"there are" - Only there are? Are you sure that there are?

"things" - Do you mean desires? Items? Emotions? Tangible things? Abstract things?

"that I" - Again, only you?

"Feel" - Again, how much are you feeling it?

"that I" - Again..

"want" - Want or feel that you want or think that you want or suppose to want?

"A little" - how much little? Maybe compared to others this is a lot? Why do you say "a little"? Based on what you decided that it's considered little and compared to what? Maybe it's even less than a little?

Discuss..
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:32:54 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:19:16 PM, L.Z wrote:

I find it horrible how much people can say sentences with so many fallacies without noticing any of them. I think getting rid of this phenomenon could solve countless problems for each of us, especially in politics since that's where understanding people's way of thinking is easily the most important thing.

AN EXAMPLE:

(this is a part of a post written by someone who asked for help. He asked what are the fallacies he used..)

"I feel that I do not have motivation to do anything. Yes there are things that I feel that I want a little.."

"I" - only you? maybe others are also like that? Is there a renovation is saying that you're like that?
"Feel" - How much feel? Feeling it at a level of 100% certainty? Do you have doubt/s over this feeling?
"I do not have" - Again, only you? Also, even if we assume its only you, do you mean you dont have that completely, or maybe there's an aspect where you do feel you do have that? Don't have and there's no option you do have?
"Motivation" - What is the definition of motivation? Is someone who is not willing to burn himself for money that means he doesn't have motivation? Motivation means willing to do? Meaning that you also want?

"for anything" - Completely anything? Not even to eat breakfest? Eat durning the day? Sleeping? You're completely unmotivated to do anything? In the same extent? Doesn't matter what it is?

"Yes" - Why did you write that? Why this addition is needed? What are contradicting? And if you are, are you sure what you said after this contradicts what you said before this?

"things" - Do you mean desires? Items? Emotions? Tangible things? Abstract things?

"that I" - Again..

"A little" - how much little? Maybe compared to others this is a lot? Why do you say "a little"? Based on what you decided that it's considered little and compared to what? Maybe it's even less than a little?

Discuss.. : :

"I" is the most important part of a person's life experiences. "I" becomes "I" because of all the experiences that are gathered from a person's senses and by listening to the stories of other people's experiences.

There is nothing wrong with being "I".

The problem is when "I" becomes the only important part of a person's life.
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 12:42:50 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:19:16 PM, L.Z wrote:

AN EXAMPLE:

"that I" - Again..

Discuss..

I'm not sure if dividing the sentence in such a way can improve it. The guy in the post knows what he means, he's not getting confused by his own language. I agree misunderstanding is a part of a lot of issues, but no matter how much clarification there is, things can only be totally understood by either:
1. Being the same person.
2. Having had the same experience.
Depressed people will understand other depressed people.