Creating

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:31:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 6:01:09 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Is the universe eternal or has it limited?

In one form or another I believe it is indeed eternal.

Now..that may comprise simply this current known Universe in which we live. Or it could be 'eternal" in that the Multi-Verse Theory is true. Or, as some Cosmologists proposed, we could be now living in merely one in a series of Universes.

I have personally always been fond of this latter idea. Here's how it works.........

Take the Big Bang of 3.8 Billion Years Ago. We now know that the Uni has been expanding ever since. So what if the Uni expands to its limit, and then once the gravitational pull of the various billions of Galaxies is sufficient to overcome the Red Shift Expansion, it begins to contract? Ending in a "Big Crunch?"

Then...right: the process begins all over again. Bang-Expand-Static-Contract-Crunch.

Ad infinitum.

Think: the surface bubbles in a pot of boiling water!

Stephen Hawking was always a proponent of this idea. Well, at least he was. I am not sure if he still holds that opinion after the discovery of Dark Energy several years ago. Which was discovered when we, well, discovered that our outer galaxies were moving away from us faster than they should be. (Bigger Red Shift).

I too think the D.E. discovery poses a problem for the "boiling water" idea. But I still like it. I cannot wrap my head around the Multi-Verse theory, no matter how hard I try. But I reckon that is just a result of our homo sapien "3-D minds." LOL

Thanks.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 6:28:09 AM
If there is a starting point for the universe (13.7 billion years ago), then logically can not be a limit?
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 2:09:33 PM
At 7/12/2015 4:04:57 AM, frbnsn wrote:
If the universe is limited, then it is possible to be created, isn't it?

If it's only possible, it's possible to not be created too. Do you think something limited can be either created or uncreated?