Jump to topic:

Telic Recursion and CMTU -- ??

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 8:44:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is telic recursion? What is CMTU? Please explain them to me in *simple* language, no complex words. When I once asked someone, they started ranting about a "protocomputational" universe, and I Googled it, only to find that such a word didn't exist.

Please, no mumbo jumbo.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 3:01:24 PM
Please, no mumbo jumbo.
Not possible.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 3:20:56 PM
At 7/10/2015 8:44:25 AM, tejretics wrote:
What is telic recursion? What is CMTU? Please explain them to me in *simple* language, no complex words. When I once asked someone, they started ranting about a "protocomputational" universe, and I Googled it, only to find that such a word didn't exist.

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

Telic recursion is the process by which Universal Free Will is exercised. Before the universe determines its next state; it takes all of reality and every past and future contingency into account and then chooses a particular state on the basis of its own values ( the exercising of a generalized utility function).

First I'v heard of it.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 7:06:55 PM

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

The whole CMTU philosophy is just unnecessary and pretentious nonsense in my opinion. I'm not even sure Christopher Langan understands what he is saying.
Nolite Timere
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 7:23:40 PM

Now you've done it, this post is like saying Beetlejuice three times, you will be very sorry you did it.

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

CTMU is pure mumbo jumbo, if you eliminate the mumbo jumbo there is nothing left.,

Remember, you asked for it.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 8:19:44 PM

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

Essentially, telic recursion is the process of the Ultimate Agent (i.e. the universe) reflexively taking into account its previous states in order to extrapolate out a supertautology that best reflects its self-reflecting values.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 8:20:50 PM
At 7/10/2015 8:19:44 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

Essentially, telic recursion is the process of the Ultimate Agent (i.e. the universe) reflexively taking into account its previous states in order to extrapolate out a supertautology that best reflects its self-reflecting values.

And the CTMU is a theory that states that the universe is a conscious being with feelings which are used in order to determine the laws of logic (i.e. syntax) that the universe abides by.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Jacob151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 8:48:49 PM
Recursion is the repeated (iterative) application of rules to a set of ever-changing values. Laws + time + state = recursion. Normal recursion depends on pre-existing informational structures in order to work. A self-creating universe doesn't have this luxury, so it must generate the informational structures themselves using telic recursion. Accordingly, syntax and state are brought together into definitive forms under the guidance of a non-deterministic "force" which operates across time to make the universe evolve in a way that is globally beneficial, using its internally generated potential (e.g., the free will possessed by humans) to help select among possible futures. Long story shot, Telic Recursion is global self-determinancy in action.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 9:28:36 PM
At 7/10/2015 3:20:56 PM, Kozu wrote:

Please, no mumbo jumbo.

Telic recursion is the process by which Universal Free Will is exercised. Before the universe determines its next state; it takes all of reality and every past and future contingency into account and then chooses a particular state on the basis of its own values ( the exercising of a generalized utility function).

First I'v heard of it.

Sounds Buddhist! LOL

I say that because in the Buddhist philosophy they of course believe in personal Reincarnation. And supposedly, during your "bardo" states, i.e. between lives, you undergo some sort of Cosmic Evaluations where you review your past life and deeds and decide what sort of life would be best for you to be reincarnated in. IN order, that is, to learn the lessons you need to so you can escape this Cycle of deaths and births and Earthly Existence and elevate to the Nirvana level.

So this reminds me of a sort of Reincarnation Process for the Universe.

And it then has to posit a "thinking" and "intelligent" Universe.

Which I for one do not believe in. As intriguing as it sounds. It just adds too many questions. While answering none.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 10:36:40 PM
At 7/10/2015 8:20:50 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

I think you're the only one who has managed to explain that to me! Thanks =)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:22:00 PM
At 7/10/2015 10:36:40 PM, tejretics wrote:

No problem! Just remember: the CTMU can be understood with proper knowledge and rejection of the omphaloskeptic piranhas that make up academia - the CTMU is merely the superpositional syneodifferential negation of these.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:23:17 PM
At 7/10/2015 11:22:00 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

No problem! Just remember: the CTMU can be understood with proper knowledge and rejection of the omphaloskeptic piranhas that make up academia - the CTMU is merely the superpositional syneodifferential negation of these.

Lol...
Jacob151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:23:54 PM
At 7/10/2015 11:22:00 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

lol