Jump to topic:

Good or Evil; Do we have a choice?

all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 10:45:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are people born with the information to perform both good and evil actions or do we have a choice based on each person's moral values?

Is a thief born to be a thief?

Can a thief be a good person?

How do you know your good friend isn't a thief?

What would happen if you discovered that your best friend is a thief?

Would you look the other way and keep your friendship with that person?
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:59:55 PM
At 8/21/2015 10:45:21 PM, all-in-one wrote:
Are people born with the information to perform both good and evil actions or do we have a choice based on each person's moral values?
I don't think the info is necessary. Tornadoes could be considered performers of evil but they dont need to know why

Yeah

Yeah

If he's your good friend, maybe you he'd tell you if you asked

I wouldn't feel as close, would probably see him less unless we're talking petty shoplifting (candy for example) . Then I don't think I'd care

I Would be more wary, more distant, but probably
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:06:24 AM
At 8/21/2015 11:59:55 PM, difference wrote:
I don't think the info is necessary. Tornadoes could be considered performers of evil but they dont need to know why

Yeah

Yeah

If he's your good friend, maybe you he'd tell you if you asked

I wouldn't feel as close, would probably see him less unless we're talking petty shoplifting (candy for example) . Then I don't think I'd care

I Would be more wary, more distant, but probably : :

I know a lot of thieves and I would trust most of them with everything I own because I'm a good friend of theirs. They know I trust them.

An animal will not eat you if they know you're their friend. They may accidently hurt you but not intentionally.
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:58:02 AM

This depends on what the individual believes spiritually. Free will or pre-destination.

We are all born to be something.

Of course you can.

Depends on how long you have been friends with this person.

Depends on the circumstances. Did this person steal to provide for his family, or was it impulsive.

Again, it depends on the circumstances.
Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:17:45 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:58:02 AM, SevenDust wrote:

This depends on what the individual believes spiritually. Free will or pre-destination.

Of course you can.

Depends on the circumstances. Did this person steal to provide for his family, or was it impulsive.

Again, it depends on the circumstances. : :

Do you believe in free will or predestination?
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:31:27 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:17:45 AM, all-in-one wrote:

Of course you can.

I believe in predestination only if an omniscience and omnipotent being exist.
Albert Einstein
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:34:10 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:31:27 AM, SevenDust wrote:

Of course you can.

I believe in predestination only if an omniscience and omnipotent being exist. : :

What do you think about us living in a dream created in the thoughts ( mind ) of a Creator who spoke those thoughts into a virtual program with technology much more advanced than the computers he had man build?
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:45:16 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:34:10 AM, all-in-one wrote:

Of course you can.

I believe in predestination only if an omniscience and omnipotent being exist. : :

What do you think about us living in a dream created in the thoughts ( mind ) of a Creator who spoke those thoughts into a virtual program with technology much more advanced than the computers he had man build?

Sounds more like synchronicities than a program. Also it sounds like a book I read a few years ago called The Holographic Universe. But it is an interesting concept.
Albert Einstein
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 3:05:39 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:45:16 AM, SevenDust wrote:

Of course you can.

Sounds more like synchronicities than a program. Also it sounds like a book I read a few years ago called The Holographic Universe. But it is an interesting concept. : :

If you read the second verse of chapter one in Genesis, it reads, " The earth was created without form and void". This means the earth was not made of physical matter.

If you understand quantum physicists, you should know about the double slit test. The particles that travel through these slits show that they are waves when not observed or measured.

Quantum physicists are thinking backwards. They don't know that everything that we observe was spoken into waves first, which is our Creator's computing language. So instead of thinking particles turn to waves when not observed. You need to think of everything as waves that turn to particles when you see an object within your mind.

These particles form patterns upon patterns upon patterns until we can observe a bigger object. Think of each particle as a pixel in a Photoshop picture. Then it will make more sense when you zoom out that picture to dimensions that you can observe the whole picture.

When you see a tiny star in the night sky, you're only seeing enough particles to make up that image, just like it takes a few pixels in a Photoshop picture to see the same image.

If you were to travel to that star in the night sky, it would take more and more particles and patterns to believe you're getting closer to that star. This same thing can be duplicated on a computer program such as the one's they use to make cinema movies today.

All it takes is information in motion to make each created being believe we're experiencing time, space and matter. Our brains are processors that process that information into moving objects which gives us the sense of living in a universe. Our other senses of smell, taste, touch, hearing, etc. give us a better feel for the illusions, also.

The reason we have prophecies in the Bible about the future is because our Creator can put future images and thoughts into the minds of his prophets to experience it. This can only be done if we're living in a simulation program.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:24:35 AM
At 8/22/2015 3:05:39 AM, all-in-one wrote:

Of course you can.

Sounds more like synchronicities than a program. Also it sounds like a book I read a few years ago called The Holographic Universe. But it is an interesting concept. : :

If you read the second verse of chapter one in Genesis, it reads, " The earth was created without form and void". This means the earth was not made of physical matter.

If you understand quantum physicists, you should know about the double slit test. The particles that travel through these slits show that they are waves when not observed or measured.

Quantum physicists are thinking backwards. They don't know that everything that we observe was spoken into waves first, which is our Creator's computing language. So instead of thinking particles turn to waves when not observed. You need to think of everything as waves that turn to particles when you see an object within your mind.

These particles form patterns upon patterns upon patterns until we can observe a bigger object. Think of each particle as a pixel in a Photoshop picture. Then it will make more sense when you zoom out that picture to dimensions that you can observe the whole picture.

When you see a tiny star in the night sky, you're only seeing enough particles to make up that image, just like it takes a few pixels in a Photoshop picture to see the same image.

If you were to travel to that star in the night sky, it would take more and more particles and patterns to believe you're getting closer to that star. This same thing can be duplicated on a computer program such as the one's they use to make cinema movies today.

All it takes is information in motion to make each created being believe we're experiencing time, space and matter. Our brains are processors that process that information into moving objects which gives us the sense of living in a universe. Our other senses of smell, taste, touch, hearing, etc. give us a better feel for the illusions, also.

The reason we have prophecies in the Bible about the future is because our Creator can put future images and thoughts into the minds of his prophets to experience it. This can only be done if we're living in a simulation program.

Holographic Universe, well consider this. The volumetric ratio of all atoms can be understood in analogy. The amount of substance to the amount of space to contain the substance is the same ratio as 1 second is to 30 million years. That's a huge amount of space in regards to actual "material". And the "God thoughts are the universe" is also a philosophy like something called Emanation.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:03:39 AM

These are tough questions which require understanding of psychology, criminology, psychiatry, physiology, philosophy and religion.

For openers, some people are just born with genetic defects which somehow retards their development and so they cannot feel anything for others.

Yet others have genetic defects by which they gain pleasure from watching other people's pain.

Many were mistreated over extended periods of time and this gives them acquired deficiencies.

Some were deprived and without any philosophical or religious training the learn nothing to inhibit their evil instincts. Selfishness is an evil instinct and the religious philosophers from Zarathustra to Moses to Confucius to Buddha to Jesus to Muhammad each tried to instill higher thoughts for peoples.

Some are addicted to chemicals and steal to feed their habit.

Some are professional thieves -- it's the one thing they are really good at.

Would I look the other way -- that would not be very civic minded and therefore both Plato and Aristotle would condemn you for looking the other way.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:13:24 AM
If you read the second verse of chapter one in Genesis, it reads, " The earth was created without form and void". This means the earth was not made of physical matter... .

Well, your Genesis 1:2 is almost good but I would not exactly phrase it the way you do.

Literally from Hebrew:

... and the Earth (she) became chaos and emptiness and (was) darkness over the surfaces of the abyss:

u"e"artz
and"the"earth

eithe
she-became

theu
chaos

u"beu
and"vacancy

u"chshk
and"darkness

ol
over

phni
surfaces-of

theum
abyss

Sounds more like a black hole to me, but there is no good reason for the Earth to have ever been a black hole since it is NOT located in the center of a galaxy.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:15:47 AM

This was explained by Rene Descartes:

"Cogito ergo sum."

It's not a dream.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:18:15 AM

Of course you can.

Again, it depends on the circumstances.

Subjective morality -- how funny !!!
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:21:49 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:24:35 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Of course you can.

Holographic Universe, well consider this. The volumetric ratio of all atoms can be understood in analogy. The amount of substance to the amount of space to contain the substance is the same ratio as 1 second is to 30 million years. That's a huge amount of space in regards to actual "material". And the "God thoughts are the universe" is also a philosophy like something called Emanation. : :

Consider this; We wouldn't be able to understand space unless there are visible objects to measure.

The dark matter that physicists talk about is what they can't explain because they believe it consists of matter that can't be measured yet with the limited technology they have today. What they don't understand is that matter is only an illusion and so is time and space.

Space, time and matter can only be observed by an observer. When an observer isn't present to observe these things, they exist as waves.
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:28:31 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:13:24 AM, riveroaks wrote:
If you read the second verse of chapter one in Genesis, it reads, " The earth was created without form and void". This means the earth was not made of physical matter... .

Well, your Genesis 1:2 is almost good but I would not exactly phrase it the way you do.

Literally from Hebrew:

... and the Earth (she) became chaos and emptiness and (was) darkness over the surfaces of the abyss:

u"e"artz
and"the"earth

eithe
she-became

theu
chaos

u"beu
and"vacancy

u"chshk
and"darkness

ol
over

phni
surfaces-of

theum
abyss

Sounds more like a black hole to me, but there is no good reason for the Earth to have ever been a black hole since it is NOT located in the center of a galaxy. : :

Black holes are only illusions that physicists believe exist. The visible objects we observe as tiny as the tiniest of particles are not real objects. They are illusions formed from waves. These waves ( energy ) do not go away at all. They simply are used to form different kinds of objects. We will see different kinds of objects after this world has been destroyed.
all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:29:49 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:15:47 AM, riveroaks wrote:

This was explained by Rene Descartes:

"Cogito ergo sum."

It's not a dream. : :

Prove to me that we are hard physical objects.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:34:14 PM
I don't think people are born with much information at all, it must be learned.
A thief is a person that steals. People are born. Stealing is an action. It is usually a voluntary one. So, no people are not born to take the action of stealing.
Depends on your beliefs. I would base my opinion of them on what they stole and who they stole it from and why they stole it.
I don't, but I know they haven't stolen from me anything I value.
Depends on what they stole and who they stole it from and why they stole it.
Depends on what they stole and who they stole it from and why they stole it.