Jump to topic:

Mortality salience

Lavaguava
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:24:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have recently accepted mortality, I am now mortality salient at fourteen, I have accepted that I will die of natural causes and that my time on Earth is finite.

What are others views of death? Is anyone else here mortality salient and can anyone give me any advice as to whether I should be mortality salient?
Lavaguava
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:53:18 AM
At 9/9/2015 6:24:40 PM, Lavaguava wrote:
I have recently accepted mortality, I am now mortality salient at fourteen, I have accepted that I will die of natural causes and that my time on Earth is finite.

What are others views of death? Is anyone else here mortality salient and can anyone give me any advice as to whether I should be mortality salient?

I can't think of any reason why it would be bad to be mortality salient. If you understand it, accept it, and it does not frighten you, congrats. I am mortality salient but I don't think much of it...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 11:30:51 AM
At 9/9/2015 6:24:40 PM, Lavaguava wrote:

How do you know it will be natural?

-ominous musical score-

But, no, seriously, coming to grips with a finite existence probably is one of the best things a living creature with sentience can accomplish.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...