Philosophy game.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:24:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://splasho.com...

The website above only lets you use the 1000 most used words to write text. Try explaining a philosophical idea in it. I tried doing the differences between dualism, idealism and physicalism.

"Mind body is different" says that the mind and the body aren't the same thing. Some positions say they are the same. One says the mind has the same things that make up the body. The flip position says the other. Body is made of mind and the mind isn't made of body. That's the ideas of the mind."
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:53:16 PM
Categorical Imperative: This idea says that what happens because of what you do doesn't matter. You should do things because they are simply the right thing to do, not because you want a present.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:05:50 PM
PSR: This idea says that when something happens, there must be a cause behind it. Things don't happen just because.

Just War Theory: Fighting between groups of people is okay when: it happens for a good reason, the fighting people are real, the thing you get at the end is good, and if you'll probably do well.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:44:42 PM
No self wrong making: That which is, is. That which is not, is not. That which is is not that which is not. That which is not is not that which is.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:47:43 PM
At 9/25/2015 7:44:42 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
No self wrong making: That which is, is. That which is not, is not. That which is is not that which is not. That which is not is not that which is.

lol this is great
Surrealism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:19:19 AM
Utilitarianism (not very difficult, but whatever)

The good things about a thing you do come from the stuff that happens after, not from what you thought in your head before you did it.

How good a thing you do is comes from how happy people become.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 8:23:08 PM
The dear, carefully cared for living sticks of not real good people who think often forget in the course of their well-idea-beginning-point-said but yet self-stomach-opening-looking self-searching-times that they very much are part of a mind-focused closed-shop, and that their own mind's empty spaces stop final end thoughts about good or bad on the mind-like stuff's use of the bad green stuff that grows in the ground that grow with no stopping points or not being free outside the housing walls of their huge animal head stick thing tall building houses that are hot.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 8:53:51 PM
At 9/27/2015 8:23:08 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
The dear, carefully cared for living sticks of not real good people who think often forget in the course of their well-idea-beginning-point-said but yet self-stomach-opening-looking self-searching-times that they very much are part of a mind-focused closed-shop, and that their own mind's empty spaces stop final end thoughts about good or bad on the mind-like stuff's use of the bad green stuff that grows in the ground that grow with no stopping points or not being free outside the housing walls of their huge animal head stick thing tall building houses that are hot.

Pwned:

The important, well-cared for fields of college-land often forget in the course of their true who-done-its but actually self-concerned self-trips that they very much are part of a "good-heads" closed shop, and that their own mind spaces don't allow for strong thoughts about the how-able-minded-is-it of the not wanted green-things that grow crazy and free outside of the self-saving walls of their many white-tall-building warm houses.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 9:06:23 PM
For comparison:

The precious, carefully cultivated orchids of academia often forget in the course of their well-referenced but ultimately omphaloskeptical self-explorations that they very much belong to an intellectual closed shop, and that their own cognitive gaps preclude definitive judgments on the cognitive adequacy of the weeds that grow wild and free beyond the sheltering walls of their ivory tower hothouses.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 12:53:45 AM
The mind is the one thing that cannot be doubted, so modeling reality in terms of that is preferred. Adding extra components to reality without good reason should be rejected.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 2:24:13 AM
Transformational grammar vs. nontransformational grammar: Some people think that our minds change the positions of words and groups of words when we say things, so the food was eaten by me comes from I ate the food. Others think our brains don't change the positions of any words. Instead, the different word orders are caused by interesting things about the words themselves.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 2:32:39 AM
Poverty of the stimulus argument: When babies learn to talk, there are some wrong things that babies don't make even though their mums never told them they were wrong. They don't say Is he is the man that tall. Instead, they say Is he the man that is tall. So some things about the right ways of speaking have been in our brains all along. We don't need to learn them.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...