Jump to topic:

Being Human

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:05:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm getting old now at this stage - not that old, but old enough to have found a certain respect, I think. A respect for being human. A respect for the many years some people have been human. Only recently I found myself reading and being thoroughly interested by this article about two centenarians meeting up for a chat; something I doubt would have ever really interested me in the past, but now it's as if that meeting figures in, in my mind, with the greatest of human accomplishment. Truly, if there's anything that should be respected, it is old age.

But there are other things I've come to appreciate too. Health, of course, is one. I think that, some of us, in our youth, might make the mistake of disbelief in the body. I mean, the belief that one will never die is a belief commonly attributed to children, isn't it? Regardless, so I think it was with me. And nowadays I think towards health, which I never did before. It is to have come to terms with myself, I think, and I am unsure if I am more peaceful or anything like that for it, but it is a new-found appreciation nonetheless.

Another thing I have come to appreciate then is strength of mind. Anyone who lives, I think, is a relation to Atlas of Greek mythology. And not, mind you, for any great physical strength; but rather for mental fortitude. Thinking such, then, I will judge none; for how integral must each little thing be if the whole is to hold up the sky. It seems absurd to me to believe any part of a person should ever be hollow, but rather everything must be to some structural aim, and so near-nothing is undeserving of respect.

Finally, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. I am unsure exactly how it has come to pass that I do believe, but I most certainly do, and the strength and endurance that that belief fills me up with is truly something else. Man, I think, goes through cycles of building himself up, then being torn down. I have been through many such cycles - in politics, in love, in community, in family - all to be torn down, to be thought away, corrupted in my heart, and to die; but this is something resilient - I feel it strong and solid within me any time I reach inside of myself. And, what's more, it seems to reinvent all of those old strengths I used take, to provide foundation for them like I have never had before. Honestly I am close to tears as I write this for my appreciation of what I now have. Deep within me there is peace and calm, almost something of heaven's eternal bliss. I wish you all the beautiful death that I am taking, my friends.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:37:17 AM
At 9/29/2015 3:05:31 AM, Devilry wrote:
I'm getting old now at this stage - not that old, but old enough to have found a certain respect, I think. A respect for being human. A respect for the many years some people have been human. Only recently I found myself reading and being thoroughly interested by this article about two centenarians meeting up for a chat; something I doubt would have ever really interested me in the past, but now it's as if that meeting figures in, in my mind, with the greatest of human accomplishment. Truly, if there's anything that should be respected, it is old age.

But there are other things I've come to appreciate too. Health, of course, is one. I think that, some of us, in our youth, might make the mistake of disbelief in the body. I mean, the belief that one will never die is a belief commonly attributed to children, isn't it? Regardless, so I think it was with me. And nowadays I think towards health, which I never did before. It is to have come to terms with myself, I think, and I am unsure if I am more peaceful or anything like that for it, but it is a new-found appreciation nonetheless.

Another thing I have come to appreciate then is strength of mind. Anyone who lives, I think, is a relation to Atlas of Greek mythology. And not, mind you, for any great physical strength; but rather for mental fortitude. Thinking such, then, I will judge none; for how integral must each little thing be if the whole is to hold up the sky. It seems absurd to me to believe any part of a person should ever be hollow, but rather everything must be to some structural aim, and so near-nothing is undeserving of respect.

Finally, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. I am unsure exactly how it has come to pass that I do believe, but I most certainly do, and the strength and endurance that that belief fills me up with is truly something else. Man, I think, goes through cycles of building himself up, then being torn down. I have been through many such cycles - in politics, in love, in community, in family - all to be torn down, to be thought away, corrupted in my heart, and to die; but this is something resilient - I feel it strong and solid within me any time I reach inside of myself. And, what's more, it seems to reinvent all of those old strengths I used take, to provide foundation for them like I have never had before. Honestly I am close to tears as I write this for my appreciation of what I now have. Deep within me there is peace and calm, almost something of heaven's eternal bliss. I wish you all the beautiful death that I am taking, my friends. : :

The peacefulness comes from the eternal spirit while death is of the flesh. It's a good thing we're all dying to eternal peacefulness.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:54:18 AM
At 9/29/2015 3:37:17 AM, onespaniard wrote:

Finally, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. I am unsure exactly how it has come to pass that I do believe, but I most certainly do, and the strength and endurance that that belief fills me up with is truly something else. Man, I think, goes through cycles of building himself up, then being torn down. I have been through many such cycles - in politics, in love, in community, in family - all to be torn down, to be thought away, corrupted in my heart, and to die; but this is something resilient - I feel it strong and solid within me any time I reach inside of myself. And, what's more, it seems to reinvent all of those old strengths I used take, to provide foundation for them like I have never had before. Honestly I am close to tears as I write this for my appreciation of what I now have. Deep within me there is peace and calm, almost something of heaven's eternal bliss. I wish you all the beautiful death that I am taking, my friends. : :

The peacefulness comes from the eternal spirit while death is of the flesh. It's a good thing we're all dying to eternal peacefulness.

That sounds strangely familiar - and strangely moronic - at the same time. I guess the drunken sage of Campbell is back.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:56:10 AM
At 9/29/2015 3:54:18 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/29/2015 3:37:17 AM, onespaniard wrote:

That sounds strangely familiar - and strangely moronic - at the same time. I guess the drunken sage of Campbell is back. : :

You still don't know how God created us, do you Anna? You will remain confused until your flesh perishes. Then you will get to know your true created existence.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:03:34 AM
At 9/29/2015 3:58:03 AM, Devilry wrote:
You tell her, onespaniard! : :

Do you know the difference between your flesh and the spirit you were born in?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:06:17 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:03:34 AM, onespaniard wrote:

Maybe?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:07:42 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:01:18 AM, BlueDreams wrote:
I did enjoy reading this post, but I wouldn't consider it philosophy.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:10:14 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:06:17 AM, Devilry wrote:

Maybe? : :

Try give me an answer. I will accept any answer but I may not believe it. Instead, I will add to your answer if I can see you're not quite sure. This way, you can be sure the next time you're asked this question, you will have the correct answer for it.
BlueDreams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:10:28 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:07:42 AM, Devilry wrote:
At 9/29/2015 4:01:18 AM, BlueDreams wrote:
I did enjoy reading this post, but I wouldn't consider it philosophy.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Yeah. No slight on the OP anything.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:27:28 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:10:14 AM, onespaniard wrote:

Try give me an answer. I will accept any answer but I may not believe it. Instead, I will add to your answer if I can see you're not quite sure. This way, you can be sure the next time you're asked this question, you will have the correct answer for it.

LMAO @ Saint Brad is gonna "correct" someone else's answer, if he perceives that the poor soul is confused. Now bear in mind that Saint Brad was telling every that he was going to be killed at the Campbell Community Center on or before Jan 15, 2015 BECAUSE, he reasoned, all of God's saints only "testify" for 1,260 days. But poor Saint Brad is already at well over 1,500 days - and counting.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:30:55 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:27:28 AM, annanicole wrote:

LMAO @ Saint Brad is gonna "correct" someone else's answer, if he perceives that the poor soul is confused. Now bear in mind that Saint Brad was telling every that he was going to be killed at the Campbell Community Center on or before Jan 15, 2015 BECAUSE, he reasoned, all of God's saints only "testify" for 1,260 days. But poor Saint Brad is already at well over 1,500 days - and counting. : :

The flesh of Brad will perish soon, Anna. The spirit that makes the flesh move will live forever. I can't believe how closed-minded God made some of his people. Your mind is so closed that it can't handle the difference between the flesh and the spirit of man.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:36:27 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:30:55 AM, onespaniard wrote:

LMAO @ Saint Brad is gonna "correct" someone else's answer, if he perceives that the poor soul is confused. Now bear in mind that Saint Brad was telling every that he was going to be killed at the Campbell Community Center on or before Jan 15, 2015 BECAUSE, he reasoned, all of God's saints only "testify" for 1,260 days. But poor Saint Brad is already at well over 1,500 days - and counting. : :

The flesh of Brad will perish soon, Anna.

It should, Brad. You're about 270 days past-due for that appointment already.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:42:33 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:36:27 AM, annanicole wrote:

It should, Brad. You're about 270 days past-due for that appointment already. : :

You still don't understand the difference between the flesh and the spirit, Anna. It's a good thing that God saves everyone from their flesh during this first age.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:00:20 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:42:33 AM, onespaniard wrote:

It should, Brad. You're about 270 days past-due for that appointment already. : :

You still don't understand the difference between the flesh and the spirit, Anna. It's a good thing that God saves everyone from their flesh during this first age.

... but I understand the difference between the truth and a lie, and I am thankful for that. That ability allowed me to know that you were constantly lying about your supposed impending assassination. It was total BS, like most of what you write.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:24:44 AM
At 9/29/2015 5:00:20 AM, annanicole wrote:

... but I understand the difference between the truth and a lie, and I am thankful for that. That ability allowed me to know that you were constantly lying about your supposed impending assassination. It was total BS, like most of what you write. : :

The truth is what you can't see. Lies are what God's people see.

You don't know the difference between the flesh and the spirit of man.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:29:27 AM
At 9/29/2015 5:24:44 AM, onespaniard wrote:

... but I understand the difference between the truth and a lie, and I am thankful for that. That ability allowed me to know that you were constantly lying about your supposed impending assassination. It was total BS, like most of what you write. : :

Then I must be one of God's people, because I spotted your lies wayyyyyyyy before you came on here and admitted that you lied.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:31:03 AM
At 9/29/2015 5:29:27 AM, annanicole wrote:

Then I must be one of God's people, because I spotted your lies wayyyyyyyy before you came on here and admitted that you lied. : :

Yes, Anna. You are one of God's people who sees lies but you certainly don't know what Truth means.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:07:12 AM
At 9/29/2015 5:31:03 AM, onespaniard wrote:

Then I must be one of God's people, because I spotted your lies wayyyyyyyy before you came on here and admitted that you lied. : :

Yes, Anna. You are one of God's people who sees lies but you certainly don't know what Truth means.

One thing is means is "not a lie". Apparently YOU are the one who has monumental problems telling the truth from a lie.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:28:48 AM
At 9/29/2015 6:07:12 AM, annanicole wrote:

One thing is means is "not a lie". Apparently YOU are the one who has monumental problems telling the truth from a lie. : :

Brad has always been a liar in this world but the Creator I speak for can never tell a lie. Brad will be killed for being a liar in this world but the Truth will remain forever.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:52:10 AM
At 9/29/2015 6:28:48 AM, onespaniard wrote:

One thing is means is "not a lie". Apparently YOU are the one who has monumental problems telling the truth from a lie. : :

Brad has always been a liar in this world but the Creator I speak for can never tell a lie. Brad will be killed for being a liar in this world but the Truth will remain forever.

Unfortunately for "the Creator", whatever truth He gives you is changed into a lie before it comes out of your mouth. He should have picked someone who (A) was not a drunk and (B) has always lied.
onespaniard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:56:21 AM
At 9/29/2015 6:52:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Unfortunately for "the Creator", whatever truth He gives you is changed into a lie before it comes out of your mouth. He should have picked someone who (A) was not a drunk and (B) has always lied. : :

When I speak for our Creator, I have no way of knowing in advance as to what He will have me speak. When Brad speaks, he speaks from old memory, which is all he is in this world. All memories of this world will die with the flesh. None of God's people will remember living in this first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism and all other religions will not be understood in Paradise.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:29:47 AM
At 9/29/2015 6:56:21 AM, onespaniard wrote:
At 9/29/2015 6:52:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Unfortunately for "the Creator", whatever truth He gives you is changed into a lie before it comes out of your mouth. He should have picked someone who (A) was not a drunk and (B) hasn't always lied. : :

When I speak for our Creator, I have no way of knowing in advance as to what He will have me speak.

Whether ya know in advance or not, once you DO know ... you apparently possess a knack for changing it into a lie. Heck, you'd be better off not to say anything.