Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:21:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 12:11:18 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Is it edible or something? : :

Your thoughts are metaphysical. Here's where all thoughts come from;

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 4:30:33 AM
Is it edible or something?

Metaphysics is the first branch of Philosophy and as such it deals with the most fundamental principles. These principles don't need to be proved scientifically. They are mostly axiomatic or corollaries to axioms and are self evident. They are what you need to know before you can prove anything or do any science. We don't need to prove that existence exists. We don't need to prove that we are conscious of it. We don't need to prove that to exist is to be something, to possess a specific nature. We don't need to prove that existence exists independently of anyone's conscious activity. These are the fundamentals of metaphysics and they all clash violently with the idea of a supernatural, infinite, all powerful god.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:07:07 AM
At 9/30/2015 4:30:33 AM, ken1122 wrote:

Metaphysics is the first branch of Philosophy and as such it deals with the most fundamental principles. These principles don't need to be proved scientifically. They are mostly axiomatic or corollaries to axioms and are self evident. They are what you need to know before you can prove anything or do any science. We don't need to prove that existence exists. We don't need to prove that we are conscious of it. We don't need to prove that to exist is to be something, to possess a specific nature. We don't need to prove that existence exists independently of anyone's conscious activity. These are the fundamentals of metaphysics and they all clash violently with the idea of a supernatural, infinite, all powerful god.

Metaphysics is most universally defined as the science of things transcending what is physical or natural. Seems rather consistent with ideas of God as opposed to clashing violently with God. But I guess we all have opinions. Your first part of your own explanation says principles that don't need to be proven scientifically. So I assume you think God has to be proven scientifically, which would contradict the methodology of "proving" and the nature of God in which most define as humans cannot prove God to humans , only God can prove God to humans.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:16:56 AM

Damn, apparently this forum devolves into a new religion forum...

Anyway, metaphysics has no clear definition and is mostly characterized by its topics.
Here's a non-exaustive list of things dealt with in metaphysics

- Personal Identity
- Modality (necessity, possibility, contingency)
- Free Will
- Time
- Causality
- And generally what kinds of stuff exist (Ontology)

P.S. no, you can't eat it.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:20:39 AM
At 10/1/2015 12:16:56 AM, Fkkize wrote:
P.S. no, you can't eat it.

I don't know, all of that sounds pretty edible. Have you tried causality with salt?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:22:26 AM
At 10/1/2015 12:16:56 AM, Fkkize wrote:

Damn, apparently this forum devolves into a new religion forum...

That's why more coherent members should post in this forum.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 1:59:14 AM
Technically metaphysics comes from "ta meta ta physika biblia" that means after the book on physics. So any book that is after a physics book is metaphysics.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 10:02:11 PM
At 10/1/2015 1:59:14 AM, n7 wrote:
Technically metaphysics comes from "ta meta ta physika biblia" that means after the book on physics. So any book that is after a physics book is metaphysics.

it means beyond that which physics books address.

met"a"phys"ics
G6;medəG2;fiziks/
noun
noun: metaphysics
the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space.
abstract theory or talk with no basis in reality.
"his concept of society as an organic entity is, for market liberals, simply metaphysics"
Origin

mid 16th century: representing medieval Latin metaphysica (neuter plural), based on Greek ta meta ta phusika "the things after the Physics," referring to the sequence of Aristotle's works: the title came to denote the branch of study treated in the books, later interpreted as meaning "the science of things transcending what is physical or natural."
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:50:51 PM
At 10/1/2015 10:02:11 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

met"a"phys"ics
G6;medəG2;fiziks/
noun
the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space.
"his concept of society as an organic entity is, for market liberals, simply metaphysics"
Origin

mid 16th century: representing medieval Latin metaphysica (neuter plural), based on Greek ta meta ta phusika "the things after the Physics," referring to the sequence of Aristotle's works: the title came to denote the branch of study treated in the books, later interpreted as meaning "the science of things transcending what is physical or natural."

http://i.imgur.com...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 1:11:26 AM
At 10/2/2015 3:50:51 PM, n7 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 10:02:11 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

met"a"phys"ics
G6;medəG2;fiziks/
noun
Origin

http://i.imgur.com...
Lol, that's funny, I thought you meant books that go after what physics books claim, as in attack.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:32:26 AM

What do you mean by this?

Ken
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 7:57:34 PM
At 10/7/2015 4:32:26 AM, ken1122 wrote:

What do you mean by this?

Ken

Aristotle wrote a book about physics, then he wrote a book after that one, which is where metaphysics gets its name "ta meta ta physika biblia". After the book on physics. I am satirically pointing this origin out. Any book you read after physics, is metaphysics.