Jump to topic:

Genetic and Technological modification

John_Royals
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 7:08:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am not well versed as I should be on these subjects as I'd like to be, but I find them both fascinating and intriguing for a book I want to write about a future where mankind has decided to collectively link themselves through technology to break all barriers of communication and thought. Kind of like social networking on a connected conscious level. So i want to hear what some arguments (for conflict) as to why this would deconstruct personal identity, by making everyone collectively minded. As well as some ideas for how this would actually work. It seems with today's technology it could be a possibility if ever pursued so I am interested and hopefully get good interesting feedback on this.

To better explain myself the best I can, in reference to what I am trying to achieve: Basically, a future where everyone can interact with everyone at the same time. Collectively reasoning all things before proposed action. Meaning any thoughts or discoveries one person has found, everyone has access to that knowledge simultaneously.
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 9:15:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It would do the opposite: everybody would broadcast their own opinion, and you'd never hear the end of it. The world would drown in useless non-information.

I'm not sure about the technological steps, but Future TImeline (http://www.futuretimeline.net...) is probably a good indicator. Start at the present and develop your world forward in time. Maybe add wars and stuff if you need to steer your world in a certain direction.