Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Existence Philosophy

KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:53:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief,
What did he say that made you think this?
which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think.

The obvious problem is that to say 'nonexistence exists' is a contradiction in terms.

You should check out Meinongian philosophy. It is more or less the same thing as what you are proposing.
https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_jungle
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:54:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 6:53:08 PM, n7 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief,
What did he say that made you think this?
which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think.

The obvious problem is that to say 'nonexistence exists' is a contradiction in terms.

You should check out Meinongian philosophy. It is more or less the same thing as what you are proposing.
https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_jungle

He didn't say anything. I disagreed with him.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
nueron
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
nueron
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 7:36:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths : :

There's only one truth that never changes. Everything else is subjective. This is why most people cannot totally agree with each other from their own subjective experiences.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 9:02:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 7:36:42 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths : :

There's only one truth that never changes. Everything else is subjective. This is why most people cannot totally agree with each other from their own subjective experiences.
t

then who's to say that they know or understand the one truth when everybody says the same thing
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
nueron
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 11:37:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 9:02:52 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:36:42 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths : :

There's only one truth that never changes. Everything else is subjective. This is why most people cannot totally agree with each other from their own subjective experiences.
t

then who's to say that they know or understand the one truth when everybody says the same thing: :

Everyone has a different set of thoughts within their minds. If you knew where all those thoughts come from, then you would know the Truth.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 3:36:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths

Umm, actually you are wrong. I assume you haven't met everyone in the first place. Besides that I know God exists. Oh, if you want to see my evidence, then just prove you're an authority on being able to validate the evidence. Oh wait, the mere fact you think nobody can know God exists means you don't have the ability and are not an authority on validating the evidence. I'm not in need of your validation anyway so there's no reason for me to give you my evidence. Peace Y
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 12:03:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 3:36:07 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths

Umm, actually you are wrong. I assume you haven't met everyone in the first place. Besides that I know God exists. Oh, if you want to see my evidence, then just prove you're an authority on being able to validate the evidence. Oh wait, the mere fact you think nobody can know God exists means you don't have the ability and are not an authority on validating the evidence. I'm not in need of your validation anyway so there's no reason for me to give you my evidence. Peace Y

i did not say that nobody can prove if there is a god, i said nobody can truly prove if there is or isn't a god. You are looking at one side of what i said. I'm not saying i'm authority just prove that your different than all the rest
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 5:19:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 12:03:03 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/21/2015 3:36:07 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:26:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/20/2015 7:19:19 PM, nueron wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
So after debating vi_spex, I have developed a new belief, which is that nonexistence and subjectivity still exists, and not everything needs to be energy, matter, or some sort of physical and objectively formed body to exist.

Let me know what you think. : :

Not everyone sees the body in the same way so the body is subjective according to each person's perspective which comes from subjective senses.

Only truth can be objective because it never changes and only a few of us understand the truth.

No we understand our perceived truth. For example no one knows the truth of if there is a god or not, but many people have different perceived truths

Umm, actually you are wrong. I assume you haven't met everyone in the first place. Besides that I know God exists. Oh, if you want to see my evidence, then just prove you're an authority on being able to validate the evidence. Oh wait, the mere fact you think nobody can know God exists means you don't have the ability and are not an authority on validating the evidence. I'm not in need of your validation anyway so there's no reason for me to give you my evidence. Peace Y

i did not say that nobody can prove if there is a god, i said nobody can truly prove if there is or isn't a god. You are looking at one side of what i said. I'm not saying i'm authority just prove that your different than all the rest

Nobody can prove there truly is or is not a God is equivalent to claiming. Nobody can prove there is a God. Nobody can prove there isn't a god. Simply molding them into one thought doesn't negate the 2 claims. And if you're not an authority how could you possibly determine "if I'm different than all the rest"? .
Besides, your "all the rest" is, I assume, in reference only to people you have been exposed to. There are 7 billion people on the planet. My point is saying "there is no" or "nobody could truly" is a completely blatant attempt at overstating to seem more valid. Stick to more personal experience claims. In my view or opinion, overstating shows lack of being concise and purposeful close mindedness.