It is immoral to bear a child

Philip666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:24:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is immoral to bear a child.
I will just say that, and if you can refute that argument, please proceed to. I guess I will state my reason when I refute your side of argument.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 11:03:31 PM
At 10/29/2015 10:24:10 PM, Philip666 wrote:
I will just say that, and if you can refute that argument, please proceed to. I guess I will state my reason when I refute your side of argument.

That's a statement, not an argument. Nobody can scrutinize your reasoning until your reasoning has been shared.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 4:25:47 AM

Before we can begin refuting or even have any reason to refute, provide a reason why bearing children is immoral.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 11:20:32 PM

False this reasoning goes against natural law. The natural primary purpose of every animal is to propagate its own kind. Thus saying that it is immoral to do what it is naturally designed to do is as illogical as saying it is immoral for the eye to see.
HarveyMeale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2015 7:34:14 AM

You cannot refute a question. It's syntactically impossible. "It is immoral to bear a child", would be a statement capable of being refuted.

And yes, I would refute it on the grounds that, generally speaking, bearing a child is considered moral in most cases. We simply shouldn't abstain from something so central to our nature as carnal beings.
HarveyMeale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2015 7:35:49 AM
At 11/6/2015 7:34:14 AM, HarveyMeale wrote:

You cannot refute a question. It's syntactically impossible. "It is immoral to bear a child", would be a statement capable of being refuted.

And yes, I would refute it on the grounds that, generally speaking, bearing a child is considered moral in most cases. We simply shouldn't abstain from something so central to our nature as carnal beings.

Edit: Nevermind my opening statement; I misread the original post.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2015 11:26:10 AM
I struggle with this question everyday since the girl became pregnant. What type of evil person am I, to be complicit in bringing a child into this god forsaken world. They have close to a 100% chance of dying at some point as well, which means Being responsible for their birth is the same thing as being responsible for their death. Every parent, gives their kid a death sentence, with their genetics.

Not to mention that I'm not sure anybody can lead a happy or fulfilled life. I can't see inside another person's head. Do we all continually live with regret and constant pain? Is that what I'm condemning my child to?
HarveyMeale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2015 12:02:28 PM
At 11/6/2015 11:26:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
I struggle with this question everyday since the girl became pregnant. What type of evil person am I, to be complicit in bringing a child into this god forsaken world. They have close to a 100% chance of dying at some point as well, which means Being responsible for their birth is the same thing as being responsible for their death. Every parent, gives their kid a death sentence, with their genetics.

Not to mention that I'm not sure anybody can lead a happy or fulfilled life. I can't see inside another person's head. Do we all continually live with regret and constant pain? Is that what I'm condemning my child to?

You have got to be kidding right? I hope your account here isn't a true representation of your life and that you're quoting some terminally miserable person or something. If this is authentic, then it's truly a pathetic outlook to have.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2015 6:15:17 PM

Dude. That's depressing, even for you.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2015 10:13:13 AM
At 11/6/2015 12:02:28 PM, HarveyMeale wrote:

You have got to be kidding right? I hope your account here isn't a true representation of your life and that you're quoting some terminally miserable person or something. If this is authentic, then it's truly a pathetic outlook to have.

Last time I open up to you fvckers