Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would you kill baby Hitler?

Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:19:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Probably wouldn't be necessary. A very specific series of events lead to Hitler's rise to power. It wouldn't take much to set history on a different track. But yes, if killing baby Hitler would prevent his future atrocities, I would do it.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:24:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:19:04 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Probably wouldn't be necessary. A very specific series of events lead to Hitler's rise to power. It wouldn't take much to set history on a different track. But yes, if killing baby Hitler would prevent his future atrocities, I would do it.

But wouldn't a baby Hitler technically be innocent of all crimes at the moment? You'd be killing an innocent.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:26:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:24:05 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:19:04 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Probably wouldn't be necessary. A very specific series of events lead to Hitler's rise to power. It wouldn't take much to set history on a different track. But yes, if killing baby Hitler would prevent his future atrocities, I would do it.

But wouldn't a baby Hitler technically be innocent of all crimes at the moment? You'd be killing an innocent.

By not killing him, I would be allowing tens of millions of innocents to be slaughtered. Why is one innocent more important than millions?
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

I would not kill baby Hitler.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:44:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.

What about the millions of people who are going to die because of adult Hitler in the future?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:55:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

I would kill him. He is one of the most evil people of all time. It would be immoral to let him live.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:56:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:55:00 PM, beng100 wrote:
I would kill him. He is one of the most evil people of all time. It would be immoral to let him live.

But baby Hitler hasn't committed any crimes, you would be killing an innocent.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 8:02:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:56:08 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:55:00 PM, beng100 wrote:
I would kill him. He is one of the most evil people of all time. It would be immoral to let him live.

But baby Hitler hasn't committed any crimes, you would be killing an innocent.

As you pointed out in N earlier post the atrocities he would go on to commit later in life are so horrific it is completely unfair on his millions of victims to let him have a chance of committing his crimes. Yes you can argue it was chance that he got in such a powerful position but in my view his genetics are clearly as proven by history those of an evil murderer.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 8:03:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 8:02:37 PM, beng100 wrote:
As you pointed out in N earlier post the atrocities he would go on to commit later in life are so horrific it is completely unfair on his millions of victims to let him have a chance of committing his crimes. Yes you can argue it was chance that he got in such a powerful position but in my view his genetics are clearly as proven by history those of an evil murderer.

His genetics? Can you explain what that means?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 8:08:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 8:03:51 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:02:37 PM, beng100 wrote:
As you pointed out in N earlier post the atrocities he would go on to commit later in life are so horrific it is completely unfair on his millions of victims to let him have a chance of committing his crimes. Yes you can argue it was chance that he got in such a powerful position but in my view his genetics are clearly as proven by history those of an evil murderer.

His genetics? Can you explain what that means?

His DNA. A person has half of their mother's genes and half of their father's. Obviously in Adolfs case a disastrous mix occured with terrifying results. Yes his upbringing and environment also affected his personality but most people with tough upbringings do not become evil criminals like Adolf did.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 8:23:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 8:08:45 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:03:51 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:02:37 PM, beng100 wrote:
As you pointed out in N earlier post the atrocities he would go on to commit later in life are so horrific it is completely unfair on his millions of victims to let him have a chance of committing his crimes. Yes you can argue it was chance that he got in such a powerful position but in my view his genetics are clearly as proven by history those of an evil murderer.

His genetics? Can you explain what that means?

His DNA. A person has half of their mother's genes and half of their father's. Obviously in Adolfs case a disastrous mix occured with terrifying results. Yes his upbringing and environment also affected his personality but most people with tough upbringings do not become evil criminals like Adolf did.

I don't think we can safely assume that. Millions of Germans were supporters of Hitler's beliefs and enthusiastically fought to implement them. Are we to conclude that they also have genetic defects? Hitler's message resonated with Germans because they shared many of his views and attitudes. He couldn't have carried out atrocities on such a monstrous scale without their support and assistance. Many knew perfectly well what was going on at the concentration camps, and just didn't care. Yet those same people, a few generations later, abandoned all those beliefs and are today no more violent and racist than the rest of Europe.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 8:34:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 8:23:11 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:08:45 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:03:51 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 8:02:37 PM, beng100 wrote:
As you pointed out in N earlier post the atrocities he would go on to commit later in life are so horrific it is completely unfair on his millions of victims to let him have a chance of committing his crimes. Yes you can argue it was chance that he got in such a powerful position but in my view his genetics are clearly as proven by history those of an evil murderer.

His genetics? Can you explain what that means?

His DNA. A person has half of their mother's genes and half of their father's. Obviously in Adolfs case a disastrous mix occured with terrifying results. Yes his upbringing and environment also affected his personality but most people with tough upbringings do not become evil criminals like Adolf did.

I don't think we can safely assume that. Millions of Germans were supporters of Hitler's beliefs and enthusiastically fought to implement them. Are we to conclude that they also have genetic defects? Hitler's message resonated with Germans because they shared many of his views and attitudes. He couldn't have carried out atrocities on such a monstrous scale without their support and assistance. Many knew perfectly well what was going on at the concentration camps, and just didn't care. Yet those same people, a few generations later, abandoned all those beliefs and are today no more violent and racist than the rest of Europe.

In my view the Nazi party consisted of some berry evil individuals who brainwashed ordinary Germans into thinking they were the world's greatest race who deserved to kill off everyone else and control half of the world. If the government is evil and racist it soon becomes the norm for citizens to take up those views. However very few Germans knew the true horrors of the concentration camps.
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 9:35:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No. Here are my reasons:

1. Hitler changed the world; killing him would mess up history.

2. I prefer not to kill babies.

3. Hitler was no worse than any other dictator, except in scale.

4. Killing Hitler wouldn't avert WW2, nor the Holocaust. Both resulted from many years of hatred, and would have happened eventually.

5. Hitler made genocide uncool.

6. It would be a paradox, since I'd have no reason to kill him in the first place (and may have never been born to do it).
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 9:43:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

This is a silly question. How could you possibly know that a baby will grow up to be Hitler or someone like that?

If it looked like it was possible, I would have attempted to kill Hitler the man.

Hitler the baby? How would you know. Republicans needs to come up with better questions.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 9:59:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 9:43:46 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

This is a silly question. How could you possibly know that a baby will grow up to be Hitler or someone like that?

If it looked like it was possible, I would have attempted to kill Hitler the man.

Hitler the baby? How would you know. Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

Okay. I guess the hypothetical situation is that you have a time machine and you discover Baby Hitler grows up to become the Fuhrer.

But is that a serious question? I think it's a silly question.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 10:06:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:44:06 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.

What about the millions of people who are going to die because of adult Hitler in the future?

What about them?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 10:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 9:43:46 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

This is a silly question. How could you possibly know that a baby will grow up to be Hitler or someone like that?

If it looked like it was possible, I would have attempted to kill Hitler the man.

Hitler the baby? How would you know. Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

This is also a good point.

It reminds me of this video

https://www.youtube.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 10:39:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.

And when does killing the innocent become murder ?

When a bomb is dropped knowing that innocent people will be killed is that murder ? or cause it's the USA military it gets a free pass ?

And if the USA military gets a free pass (insert justification here) why doesn't killing one baby Hitler get a free pass ?

Moral intuitions..............fun eh ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:22:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 9:43:46 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

This is a silly question. How could you possibly know that a baby will grow up to be Hitler or someone like that?

Do you know how philosophical questions work? You limit down the variables so that people can debate the morals of an action like this. It's a question of "would you," not "can you."

Hitler the baby? How would you know.

This is irrelevant to the whole point of asking the question.

Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

I'm not even close to a republican you fool.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:23:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 10:06:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
What about them?

So if you have a chance to save millions of innocent lives you wouldn't go for it?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:27:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 11:22:19 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 9:43:46 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

This is a silly question. How could you possibly know that a baby will grow up to be Hitler or someone like that?

Do you know how philosophical questions work? You limit down the variables so that people can debate the morals of an action like this. It's a question of "would you," not "can you."

If I had a time machine and new baby Hitler was going to become a Fuhrer, I would have tried to prevent that baby from becoming Hitler. I would have worked to prevent it from happening. If I felt like I was successful, I would have left it at that. If it appeared that I was failing (which I could only know by the time Hitler became a man), I would probably kill him at the point where it looked like a certainty that he is going to become the Fuhrer and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. I would not have killed Hitler the baby.

Hitler the baby? How would you know.

This is irrelevant to the whole point of asking the question.

Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

I'm not even close to a republican you fool.

I never claimed that you were.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:30:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 11:27:06 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
If I had a time machine and new baby Hitler was going to become a Fuhrer, I would have tried to prevent that baby from becoming Hitler. I would have worked to prevent it from happening. If I felt like I was successful, I would have left it at that. If it appeared that I was failing (which I could only know by the time Hitler became a man), I would probably kill him at the point where it looked like a certainty that he is going to become the Fuhrer and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. I would not have killed Hitler the baby.

What if you only had one chance to do anything to Hitler, and that was when he was a baby. You can only travel back to that one time, and you can't stay long enough to influence Hitler's adulthood. Would you kill him?

Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

I'm not even close to a republican you fool.

I never claimed that you were.

"Republicans needs to come up with better questions."
Whether or not you were referring to me [you could've been clearer btw] this statement is false and irrelevant. Republicans didn't come up with the question.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:40:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 11:30:48 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 11:27:06 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
If I had a time machine and new baby Hitler was going to become a Fuhrer, I would have tried to prevent that baby from becoming Hitler. I would have worked to prevent it from happening. If I felt like I was successful, I would have left it at that. If it appeared that I was failing (which I could only know by the time Hitler became a man), I would probably kill him at the point where it looked like a certainty that he is going to become the Fuhrer and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. I would not have killed Hitler the baby.

What if you only had one chance to do anything to Hitler, and that was when he was a baby. You can only travel back to that one time, and you can't stay long enough to influence Hitler's adulthood. Would you kill him?

No, I would not kill baby Hitler. I would probably leave a book on the doorstep of his parents' home showing images of Hitler as an adult working to improve the lives of minorities and acting to advance human rights. You use whatever power and time you do have to make things work out for the best.

Republicans needs to come up with better questions.

I'm not even close to a republican you fool.

I never claimed that you were.

"Republicans needs to come up with better questions."
Whether or not you were referring to me [you could've been clearer btw] this statement is false and irrelevant. Republicans didn't come up with the question.

I still think it's a silly question. We just don't have the power to determine whether a baby will become a murderous tyrant or not.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 11:43:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 11:40:07 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I still think it's a silly question. We just don't have the power to determine whether a baby will become a murderous tyrant or not.

Maybe it is, but it's always fun to discuss morals.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 2:02:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 10:39:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.

And when does killing the innocent become murder ?

When a bomb is dropped knowing that innocent people will be killed is that murder ? or cause it's the USA military it gets a free pass ?


It depends if the intent is to kill the innocent people or if it's to do something else, and as an effect of that action innocent people are killed.

And if the USA military gets a free pass (insert justification here) why doesn't killing one baby Hitler get a free pass ?

Moral intuitions..............fun eh ?

Your mom is fun.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 2:17:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 2:02:18 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 10:39:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:43:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:33:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/14/2015 7:29:49 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I would not kill baby Hitler.

Why?

Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral.

And when does killing the innocent become murder ?

When a bomb is dropped knowing that innocent people will be killed is that murder ? or cause it's the USA military it gets a free pass ?


It depends if the intent is to kill the innocent people or if it's to do something else, and as an effect of that action innocent people are killed.

Oh the "intent" clause, ok lets play along with that.............

In the air strike example the Intent is to NOT kill innocents, but here is the thing, they KNOW that performing the air strike will.

In other words they can't claim ignorance of outcome here, airstrike = innocents people killed.

So killing the innocent is always wrong right ? "Because baby Hitler is innocent, and murdering an innocent person is always immoral."

Or is it ?..................

Your move on the air strike...........


And if the USA military gets a free pass (insert justification here) why doesn't killing one baby Hitler get a free pass ?

Moral intuitions..............fun eh ?

Your mom is fun.

Not as funny as the claim there is a man on the earth who in certain cases is infallible and those claims just so happen to only happen in the area's that can't be tested..............oh and he wears a funny hat.

But, back to the air strike killing innocents..........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Death23
Posts: 784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 2:24:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/14/2015 7:11:23 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
It's an interesting question, that some people have posed to presidential candidates.

When Ben Carson was asked if he would support aborting Hitler before he were born. He replied he wasn't in favor of aborting anyone.

When Jeb Bush was asked if he would kill baby Hitler, he said, "Hell yeah, I would! You gotta step up, man."

So what would you do?

Hitler had such a profound impact on the course of human history. If I killed baby Hitler, then I would have no guarantee that the course of history would be any better. In fact, there's a significant probability that the course of history would end up worse. We barely avoided a nuclear apocalypse during the cold war. Killing baby Hitler would just roll the dice with nuclear weapons again. Additionally, the change in history would be so great that there's a good chance my parents never would have met. There's a good chance that I'd cease to exist. Forget it.