Jump to topic:

My declaration of apology to Sargon

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:01:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Firstly, I have posted this in the philosophy section because I believe it will reach those intended to read this.

I retract everything I have said and all the accusations I made against Sargon, I made a grave error in believing that my own judgement was sound, without any real evidence to bolster my argument other than a hunch and a personal grudge I hold against Sargon, I believe Sargon to be the real deal as far as debating and intelligence is concerned, My frustration stems from a defeat against Sargon, which I am still not sure is true, in the sense that the arguments he presented were sound, and after pursing him for further clarification which he made a few attempts to explain, I was met with silence, could this be that I didn't really understand the concepts presented, ( possibly ) or could it be that there really was no true answer,( possibly) I don't know. Anyhow, I was deeply frustrated and held a deep grudge, Mainly because I am a seeker of truth and need to know if I was hoodwinked or his argument was sound, but as Sargon seems much more intelligent than most others, it was also impossible to get others to verify the argument, or at least explain it in a way I could understand.

I have acted foolishly and childishly, and being the adult here that is more shameful, Therefore I hereby declare that my actions and accusations against Sargon are unwarranted and I apologize profusely. Although I will state, that I never voted against Sargon until I felt he was genuinely beat in arguments by Miles Donahue, and that my single and only vote against him was genuine, but the campaign ( as he put it ) was unnecessary and extremely childish and uncalled for on my part.

I would like to end it here and offer my sincerest apologies I would also like to apologize to the DDO community for my rash actions.

I am ready for the onslaught so crucify me as you wish, but at least I allowed to truth to come out.

John
BlueDreams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:01:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Apology accepted, without question. That's a brave and honest thing to do. I've never felt any personal animosity with you.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:52:10 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Figured you'd have a problem with more than one member. Didn't think you'd go so far as admit error, so gg. Opinion of you just escalated significantly.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...